Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Red Star Zurich/Winterthur

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 20, 2019, 2:11 PM

Post #1 of 1 (417 views)
Shortcut
Red Star Zurich/Winterthur Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sat 16 March 1 Liga Classic Group 3 (Tier 4) Red Star Zurich 0 FC Baden 2 Att 200 (FC Baden website) Entry 5 chf (pensioner) Programme free

RSZ play at Allmend Brunau which is on the S4 line from Zurich Hbf and takes 6 minutes. The station is called Brunau. Cross underneath the main road turn right and the ground is on the left hand side passed the Fork and Bottle Pub. Entry is at the corner of the ground and where the free programme is also found. The clubhouse sells the usual Swiss/German food and drink.

There is only one row of seats opposite where the players come out plus 2 rows of concrete which were also used for sitting. The other 3 sides were standing. No cover if raining. Very warm day so no problem.

Baden had gone top the previous week and were worthy winners with early goals in both halves. Players celebrated with their singing fans at the end.(around 30)
This was my second visit here with the other being during the 2006-07 season against FC Chur 97

Sun March 17 Challenge League (2nd Tier) FC Winterthur 0 FC Aarau 1 Stadion Schutzenwieser Att 4700 Entry 30 chf Main Stand Programme Free Badge 4 chf

Caught the S7 from Zurich and at the Winterthur station you leave in the opposite direction of the town /city centre. The ground is only a 5 minute walk away.
Match tickets were bought on the day at booths where programmes were also found. Programmes also available in ground at various locations. Tickets were not match specific and ripped in half although they were kind enough to let me keep mine whole. We could sit anywhere except where those already allocated by name. Like yesterday the away side were the better and deserved their win.

A different occasion than yesterday but both enjoyable.

The match announcers at both games were kind enough to let me have their team sheets at the end of the game.

Tim Johnson

(This post was edited by T P Johnson on Mar 20, 2019, 2:17 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3