Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Non League Projections 2019/20

First page Previous page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 Next page Last page  View All

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 8, 2019, 6:18 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #501 of 1191 (11744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [THDrummer1] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just read on the Mergers & Closures thread on General Discussion that Oadby Town have resigned from the UCL..................yet another vacancy at step 5/6

This means that 12 runners up at step 6 will now be promoted. The team currently in 12th is Thornaby & I’m sure this would be a relief for the FA, NL & any club that faced being laterally transferred from the NCEL Prem. I take it that Billingham Town, Thornaby & Pickering Town will be the 3 clubs added to the NL1. Obviously this could easily change though.

cornerflag
Junior Team Regular

Mar 9, 2019, 9:24 AM

Post #502 of 1191 (11349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does that not mean Oadby Town become the relegated team from UCL Prem on the strength of their resignation?

windydcfc

Mar 9, 2019, 10:38 AM

Post #503 of 1191 (11267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cornerflag] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does that not mean Oadby Town become the relegated team from UCL Prem on the strength of their resignation?

They’ll be placed in last place & so Kirby Muxloe will currently be the lucky reprieved side. I had a pm from Rob. Who reminded me that it won’t affect the step 6 runners up list. So only 11 runners up will be promoted as it stands. I suppose the only thing that is the biggest unknown, is how many teams will fail the ground grading across all the steps & face being demoted?

THDrummer1
Junior Team Star

Mar 9, 2019, 11:15 AM

Post #504 of 1191 (11228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

They’ll be placed in last place & so Kirby Muxloe will currently be the lucky reprieved side. I had a pm from Rob. Who reminded me that it won’t affect the step 6 runners up list. So only 11 runners up will be promoted as it stands. I suppose the only thing that is the biggest unknown, is how many teams will fail the ground grading across all the steps & face being demoted?

______

Do we have any idea of club's who are at risk? Additionally, we don't know how many of the step 7 applicants will achieve their ground grading, I suppose that will become clearer after 31 March. This is the "landscape" the FA fella referred to.

(This post was edited by THDrummer1 on Mar 9, 2019, 11:16 AM)

windydcfc

Mar 9, 2019, 12:47 PM

Post #505 of 1191 (11166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [THDrummer1] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

______

Do we have any idea of club's who are at risk? Additionally, we don't know how many of the step 7 applicants will achieve their ground grading, I suppose that will become clearer after 31 March. This is the "landscape" the FA fella referred to.

The only way we can find out is if the clubs themselves release the information. Aylesbury are the only step 4 club, that have released any information & they will be demoted.

sparky100
Youth Team Sub

Mar 9, 2019, 9:58 PM

Post #506 of 1191 (10984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wazzafan] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In the map of the Bostik South Central Division you are showing Molesey who are in a relegation place instead of South Park.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 9, 2019, 10:24 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #507 of 1191 (10950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sparky100] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
In the map of the Bostik South Central Division you are showing Molesey who are in a relegation place instead of South Park.

That's because wazzafan always rearranges the leagues by points per game (ppg) before working out promotion & relegation issues.

South Park, played 30, points 22, ppg= 0.73
Molesey, played 28, points 21, ppg= 0.75

This is just enough for Molesey to overtake south Park in the promotion/relegation stakes.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

(This post was edited by blackdouglas on Mar 9, 2019, 10:25 PM)

windydcfc

Mar 10, 2019, 4:16 PM

Post #508 of 1191 (10488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Golcar Utd from the WRCAL, have been granted planning permission to erect floodlights. They’ve got a bit of ground work to do & have already achieved a top 5 position. So hopefully they’ll pass the ground grading inspection.

windydcfc

Mar 10, 2019, 6:31 PM

Post #509 of 1191 (10388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wazzafan] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wellington FC from the WMRL Prem have told me that they have submitted their application for a lateral transfer to the Hellenic League. They believe all the other Herefordshire clubs have followed suit, but can’t be 100% sure about this.
They did tell me after they failed in their appeal, that the FA advised them on what they needed to do this year. So I’d be surprised if they don’t all get their wishes

BDA_85
First Team Sub

Mar 11, 2019, 1:40 PM

Post #510 of 1191 (9907 views)
Shortcut

How are the ground grading results announced, if at all? Is something published on 31st March or does someone need to contact each club individually to collate the results?

windydcfc

Mar 11, 2019, 5:18 PM

Post #511 of 1191 (9718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How are the ground grading results announced, if at all? Is something published on 31st March or does someone need to contact each club individually to collate the results?

It’s down to each individual club to release the information or not. There’s been occasions, where the league winners have failed & the runners up don’t know that they are promoted until the constitutions are released.

petermiller36
First Team Sub

Mar 12, 2019, 5:37 PM

Team(s): Ware & AFC Wimbledon

Post #512 of 1191 (9144 views)
Shortcut

I've spent a lot of today going through my non-league document to try and get it all correct for the run in.

*Steps 3-4 I'm happy that that's all correct (although of course ridiculous thanks to the FA).
*Steps 4-5 is the probably the easiest page so should be all be correct.
*Steps 5-6 I'm confident is correct but the area of potential error is the reprieves from Step 5 due to clubs dropping out during the season.
*Steps 6-7 is a chuffing nightmare. Any help with the details in this one would be appreciated. As I see it, there could potentially be no relegation from Step 6 due to the amount of spaces at that level next season. That would still leave spaces, hence why I'm showing a "second best PPG" table at Step 7, in case the FA break their own rules.
*Step 7 Applicants - as always, any ground grading news would be appreciated!

If you wonderfully knowledgeable people could have a look at point out any errors or thoughts on it then that would be great. The document is getting thousands of hits mostly through Twitter so it would be helpful for it to be as accurate as possible.

http://bit.ly/PPG1819

Steps 4-7 Relegation and Promotion document:

windydcfc

Mar 12, 2019, 6:16 PM

Post #513 of 1191 (9107 views)
Shortcut
Re: [petermiller36] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think there’s going to be a link between any relegations from step 6 & the number of applicants from step 7. I could seriously see the only relegations happening in the NCEL & EMCL. This is just my gut feelings, looking at previous seasons & what Laurence Jones from the FA has said.

(This post was edited by windydcfc on Mar 12, 2019, 6:29 PM)

THDrummer1
Junior Team Star

Mar 13, 2019, 10:15 AM

Post #514 of 1191 (8646 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I think there’s going to be a link between any relegations from step 6 & the number of applicants from step 7. I could seriously see the only relegations happening in the NCEL & EMCL. This is just my gut feelings, looking at previous seasons & what Laurence Jones from the FA has said.

I thought that relegations from step 6 were being determined on a ppg basis and lateral transfers if a relatively low number were being relegated. As we've discussed previously, it seems unjust to relegate clubs with perhaps 0.75 ppg and reprieve clubs with 0.25 ppg purely because of their geography. When the FA stopped step 6 play-offs they said that this was to be fair across all step 6 leagues. I know this is the FA but if the above happened it would be extremely hypocritical.

BDA_85
First Team Sub

Mar 13, 2019, 12:11 PM

Post #515 of 1191 (8529 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

It’s down to each individual club to release the information or not. There’s been occasions, where the league winners have failed & the runners up don’t know that they are promoted until the constitutions are released.

Shefford & Campton (Beds County) have just replied to my tweet:

Tweet 1: we have our final grading 2 weeks on Friday

Tweet 2: we had an initial inspection which idenitified 3 areas we needed to complete, the works on those are currently taking place and should be ready by the end of next week.

S&C currently 6 points ahead of Cranfield United, with CU having a game in hand.

BDA_85
First Team Sub

Mar 13, 2019, 12:44 PM

Post #516 of 1191 (8482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cranfield United have now replied too:
"I believe we are already compliant as we enter the FA Vase. We are due an inspection from SSMFL tomorrow".
Can anyone confirm, or otherwise, the belief that they are compliant due to FA Vase entry?

Reborn Yellow
Junior Team Star

Mar 13, 2019, 12:46 PM

Team(s): Hucknall Town, Nottingham Forest

Post #517 of 1191 (8481 views)
Shortcut

I'm possibly biased here, but the 'one club per league' rule for promotion from Level 7 seems unfair. Some leagues have no applicants, but neighbouring leagues have multiple applicants, so all but one will be denied promotion that could have been theirs, if the league boundaries had been drawn slightly differently, and then to allow external clubs straight into Level 6, makes a mockery of what the FA says it is trying to do. IMO it would be fairer if PPG was used given how few have applied across the whole Level 7.

Sarumio

Mar 13, 2019, 1:56 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #518 of 1191 (8378 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Cranfield United have now replied too:
"I believe we are already compliant as we enter the FA Vase. We are due an inspection from SSMFL tomorrow".
Can anyone confirm, or otherwise, the belief that they are compliant due to FA Vase entry?

NCan;t answer your question, or confirm their assumption, but Cranfield were playing at Step 6 until very recently. And they WERE compliant at that time. So unless anything has changed in the grading requirements, or Cranfield themselves have taken things away from their ground, or altered it for the worse, then I am sure they would be fine for promotion.

petermiller36
First Team Sub

Mar 13, 2019, 4:24 PM

Team(s): Ware & AFC Wimbledon

Post #519 of 1191 (8241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm possibly biased here, but the 'one club per league' rule for promotion from Level 7 seems unfair. Some leagues have no applicants, but neighbouring leagues have multiple applicants, so all but one will be denied promotion that could have been theirs, if the league boundaries had been drawn slightly differently, and then to allow external clubs straight into Level 6, makes a mockery of what the FA says it is trying to do. IMO it would be fairer if PPG was used given how few have applied across the whole Level 7.

I do agree with that. It's hard to tell if the Middlesex County really do have three very good teams or if the rest of the league is just poor.

At the moment, if all the external applicants are accepted and all those in relegation places are reprieved then there will still be spaces for a lot of the sides at Step 7 who have applied but won't finish top.

Steps 4-7 Relegation and Promotion document:

Richard Rundle

Mar 13, 2019, 5:38 PM

Post #520 of 1191 (8135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
IMO it would be fairer if PPG was used given how few have applied across the whole Level 7.

I don't think this is a good idea; far too much of a variation in standard between Step 7 divisions.

Forest Gump
Youth Team Star

Mar 14, 2019, 7:46 AM

Post #521 of 1191 (7740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Essex Senior League tweeted this last night: "As far as we have been informed it is 1 up & 1 down from our ESL this season"

But given the account's record of tweeting utter bo****ks, I wouldn't take it as gospel.

Sarumio

Mar 14, 2019, 12:53 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #522 of 1191 (7482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forest Gump] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The Essex Senior League tweeted this last night: "As far as we have been informed it is 1 up & 1 down from our ESL this season"

But given the account's record of tweeting utter bo****ks, I wouldn't take it as gospel.

They are talking utter b***ocks.

windydcfc

Mar 15, 2019, 1:25 PM

Post #523 of 1191 (6731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [petermiller36] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

With North Ferriby Utd being liquidated. As things stand, Stocksbridge PS will be reprieved at step 4. A 12th step 6 runner up will now be promoted & that currently is Thornaby.

Senior82
Junior Team Regular

Mar 15, 2019, 1:31 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday, Stocksbridge Park Steels & Sheffield Eagles RLFC

Post #524 of 1191 (6723 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
With North Ferriby Utd being liquidated. As things stand, Stocksbridge PS will be reprieved at step 4. A 12th step 6 runner up will now be promoted & that currently is Thornaby.

No doubt Stocksbridge will now find a way to finish bottom Frown

windydcfc

Mar 15, 2019, 1:49 PM

Post #525 of 1191 (6677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Senior82] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

No doubt Stocksbridge will now find a way to finish bottom Frown

They’ve got a bit of an advantage over the next reprievable club Greenwich Boro.The ppg are as follows: Stocksbridge PS 0.897 Greenwich Boro 0.828.
So unless Gresley can go on a run, it’s looking pretty good for you atm.

First page Previous page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 48 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3