Monday 11th February 2019

Dave 56
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 4:56 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 6 (3526 views)
Shortcut
Monday 11th February 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Professional Development League. KO 13:00. (F&N). Some team sheets available. Crowd 120.

Nottingham Forest U23 1 v 0 Sheffield United U23

A lovely, sunny day so I decided on a revisit to Gresham Close, home of the Forest academy. Shouldn't have bothered fairly uninspiring game with no real talent on show. Forest won with a first half goal. Very few scoring opportunities apart from the goal. Good view from the top of the bank on the far side, club had tweeted that spectators were welcome.

umbria99
Junior Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 10:18 PM

Team(s): Northampton Town, Romsey Town

Post #2 of 6 (3311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Monday 11th February 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Andover Open Cup Quarter Final

Whitchurch United (1) 2 v Kingsclere (2) 3
Admssn £3 conc. Att. 60(h/c)

Cracking cup tie with the underdogs snatching the winning goal with 5 minutes left. The hosts missed a hatful of chances and ‘Clere rode their luck but scored two fine goals and a deflected own goal to clinch a place in the semi final.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Feb 12, 2019, 7:14 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #3 of 6 (3054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [umbria99] Monday 11th February 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Norwich City U23 - 0 Exeter City U23- 3
Premier League Cup Group D
Colney Training Centre
Attendance - 70ish
Free admission and team sheet

After a pretty even first half with Exeter being the better side, they went on to win quite comfortably in the end. Not that it is something I've ever kept a record of really, but I think the aggregate of Exeter's starting line up of shirt numbers 381 must be a new "record" for me.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Dribble!
Reserve Team Star

Feb 12, 2019, 9:36 AM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #4 of 6 (2876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Monday 11th February 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at Norwich City U23 v Exeter City U23
Exeter team numbers high as all have 1st team squad numbers
Had the crowd at 57
Unlike Sunday at Norwich!! Made very welcome at Colney, car parking tight because of building work, but plenty of stewards to help sort parking out, tea and coffee from a Machine in a portacabin - good to see a stand at an Academy ground but not that great a view, elevated but stuck in one half.
Very disappointed by Norwich display, however Exeter were a joy to watch and could have easily won by more.

Last New Ground; Bildeston Rangers, Games in 2018/19 Season; 98, New Grounds this Season; 57, Next scheduled game: tbc
http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 12, 2019, 9:41 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #5 of 6 (2868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Monday 11th February 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The starting line up for the Brighton U23 team in the Checkatrade Trophy game that I attended earlier this season had shirt numbers which totalled 521.

morecambewba
Youth Team Regular

Feb 12, 2019, 12:53 PM

Team(s): west brom, morecambe, besitkas.

Post #6 of 6 (2613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Monday 11th February 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bolton u 23s 2 Burnley u 23s 4
PDL League
Lancashire FA HQ Leyland
Att approx 250
Admission £3
Free team sheet
Hot dog and tea £2.50

For many years this ground has been down on my records as nearest ground I have never visited. Just never had chance, until last night, to see a game. It was also my first PDL game.
Bolton had slightly more of first half and were two up by half time.. Burnley hit the bar early on.
Burnley made a few changes for the second half and were a different team. two early goals got them level and they had majority of second half. . Best goal of the game was the fourth burnley goal, a 25 yard free kick into the corner.
Some good individual displays.In particular burnley sub dan agyei. No knowledge of him until i googled. signed from wimbledon a few years ago and has been on loan to lower league clubs. scored a few goals on loan. very impressed with overall play and he scored third goal...not sure if he may have been involved in first and second goal.
Good football and entertaining match though pace was very fast.
Nice friendly staff at ground , from turnstile operators to stewards and tea bar .
Nice ground with hq block filling most of one side and small 400 seater stand on opposite. Small covered standing behind one goal

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3