Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Non League Projections 2019/20

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

multilevel
Youth Team Star

Dec 5, 2018, 12:37 PM

Post #101 of 107 (11949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jimbo] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

...Usually a club can only enter the NLS at Step 7. However, a League may seek approval from the Committee to receive a club or team not currently in membership of a League...

...it is a League that must apply for a Club to be entered in to their competition, not the Club itself...

...Any decision shall only be capable of Appeal to The Association by the affected League.

One potentially interesting point here is that a club outside the usual system needs to be effectively sponsored by a league to get in.

In the past I guess a club could kind of apply centrally and, if accepted, a League would be told to accept them. This seems to have changed and could end up with different decisions being implemented in different parts of the country.

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 5, 2018, 1:08 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #102 of 107 (11911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [multilevel] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

...Usually a club can only enter the NLS at Step 7. However, a League may seek approval from the Committee to receive a club or team not currently in membership of a League...

...it is a League that must apply for a Club to be entered in to their competition, not the Club itself...

...Any decision shall only be capable of Appeal to The Association by the affected League.

One potentially interesting point here is that a club outside the usual system needs to be effectively sponsored by a league to get in.

In the past I guess a club could kind of apply centrally and, if accepted, a League would be told to accept them. This seems to have changed and could end up with different decisions being implemented in different parts of the country.

I know one club that might be looking into this & they’re Durham Utd. The only issue is I doubt there’ll be a space for them in the NL2. After all the normal promotion & relegation issues have been sorted. In previous seasons, I think there would’ve space for them. I know Jersey have been mentioned for the CCL.

windydcfc

Dec 6, 2018, 6:23 PM

Post #103 of 107 (11066 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wazzafan] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking at step 5, the East Midlands clubs are now even more split than ever before(if we end up with something close to your projection). We are left with just 4 East Midlands clubs in the MFL Prem. If Spalding Utd avoids the drop & replaced by an ex-NCEL club. We’ll still have 4 clubs in the MFL, but they’ll be even more isolated & it’ll leave a single East Midlands club in the NCEL Prem. I really hope the FA are looking towards the East Midlands to create the new step 5 league for 2020/21 season. But I’ve got a niggling feeling that they’ll look towards the West Midlands.

windydcfc

Dec 7, 2018, 8:48 PM

Post #104 of 107 (10285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I understand that in the Beds County League Shefford Town & Campton plus Cranfield Utd are both applying for promotion. Wootton Blue Cross have ambitions to apply, but they may not be ready this season.

pokal02
First Team Star

Dec 8, 2018, 11:42 AM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #105 of 107 (9873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A preliminary look suggests that, for Step 1-6 hoppers, next season may pose fewer difficulties than this in completion/recompletion, a number of leagues will either not be providing a club (eg Oxon Senior) or a returning club (eg Lincs) or an existing Step 6+ ground (eg Middx). I'm looking at 20-23 excluding new builds - others will have more or less depending on how many of the likely SWPL promotees they need.

windydcfc

Dec 14, 2018, 3:54 PM

Post #106 of 107 (8732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Non League Projections 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ashville from the West Cheshire league are applying for promotion

Jimbo
Youth Team Sub

Dec 14, 2018, 10:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #107 of 107 (8082 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ashville from the West Cheshire league are applying for promotion

The facilities are certainly there. Just need to work things out on the pitch now...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3