Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #76 of 97 (24869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Jokanovic sacked by Fulham and replaced by Claudio Ranieri.

Fulham to win the Premier League next season Wink

Maybe if they'd appointed Nigel Pearson...

Precisely my reaction. Cool

If they'd appointed Pearson to rescue them from relegation and then next summer replaced him with Ranieri to have a shot at the title.....

Much as I like and respect him, I'm not at all certain that Ranieri is the guy to turn to in a relegation fight.
------
------
He had very good starts when taking over at Parma, Juventus, Roma, Inter, Monaco and of course Leicester so if he follows along those lines in a league he knows very well then he could easily lead Fulham away from the wrong end of the table.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 15, 2018, 9:34 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #77 of 97 (24799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

If they'd appointed Pearson to rescue them from relegation and then next summer replaced him with Ranieri to have a shot at the title.....

Much as I like and respect him, I'm not at all certain that Ranieri is the guy to turn to in a relegation fight.
------
------
He had very good starts when taking over at Parma, Juventus, Roma, Inter, Monaco and of course Leicester so if he follows along those lines in a league he knows very well then he could easily lead Fulham away from the wrong end of the table.
==============================================

Crap starts when taking over at Nantes, Greece, Valencia, A Madrid, Fiorentina ,Cagliari so if he follows along those lines he could easily keep Fulham at the wrong end of the table.

=============================================

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 144/ 119 / 25(You know my rules) @ 17 /12 /2018.(Only 11 x 0-0's)

Project TFTTUEFAG's2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).(Inc Summer Leagues 2019 updates. TBC) .
Need - 110 ( 15.4%).

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 15, 2018, 1:30 PM

Post #78 of 97 (24705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

------
------
==============================================

Crap starts when taking over at Nantes, Greece, Valencia, A Madrid, Fiorentina ,Cagliari so if he follows along those lines he could easily keep Fulham at the wrong end of the table.

=============================================

You could argue he was never given a chance at those clubs as he was in charge a year or less, there again with the financial need to remain in the top flight he could be gone by xmas if there is repeat.Sly

jon b
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2018, 2:25 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #79 of 97 (24682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I hope you're right. Unimpressed

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 16, 2018, 8:01 AM

Team(s):

Post #80 of 97 (24525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Claudio wont have a squad where somebody has gifted him the brilliant Mahrez and Kante, time will tell but I reckon it's a poor choice. Sometimes managers are in the right place at the right time, like when O'Leary was gifted Eddie Grays brilliant youth side at Leeds. When Claudio was given the cheque book, he brought some right duds.

BDA_85
Youth Team Star

Nov 16, 2018, 10:27 AM

Post #81 of 97 (24480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Maybe he'll sign the first person he signed at Chelsea for Fulham...

dottirofhod

Nov 16, 2018, 10:39 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #82 of 97 (24477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Maybe he'll sign the first person he signed at Chelsea for Fulham...
====================================================

Scored quite a few goals until signing for Claudio.
Yes although not having played for 15 years perhaps he would bring experience to the midfield.

====================================================

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 144/ 119 / 25(You know my rules) @ 17 /12 /2018.(Only 11 x 0-0's)

Project TFTTUEFAG's2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).(Inc Summer Leagues 2019 updates. TBC) .
Need - 110 ( 15.4%).

kirby knitters

Nov 25, 2018, 9:04 PM

Post #83 of 97 (24159 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Neal Ardley has left AFC Wimbledon by mutual consent.

And has replaced Harry Kewell at Notts Co.

Ropemaker

Nov 27, 2018, 3:34 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #84 of 97 (23958 views)
Shortcut

Sol Campbell new Macclesfield manager

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 27, 2018, 11:58 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #85 of 97 (23858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can't see either Darrell Clarke at Bristol Rovers or Darren Way at Yeovil Town surviving much longer. Both lost at home again tonight off the back of recent FA Cup exits at home to non league opposition.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 28, 2018, 4:23 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #86 of 97 (23805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Can't see either Darrell Clarke at Bristol Rovers or Darren Way at Yeovil Town surviving much longer. Both lost at home again tonight off the back of recent FA Cup exits at home to non league opposition.

Darren Way was handed a two-year extension on his contract only last week by the YTFC board. That'll take him through to June 2021 - and I doubt if chairman John Fry's pockets are deep enough to pay off that blunder. I was in the Yeovil end at Macclesfield on Saturday, and a significant number of Glovers fans made their feelings on that two-year extension plain to hear.

Here is a very interesting piece written on 'Taff's Gloversblog' on the excellent independent YTFC website 'Ciderspace' - an article called 'Glovers Timekeeping Is Way Off', written after the Stockport defeat and Way's signing of the contract extension but before the Macclesfield and Port Vale defeats...

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/.../blog.asp?BlogId=791

derekn
First Team Star

Nov 28, 2018, 9:31 AM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #87 of 97 (23744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Darren is successfully achieving his brief of Southern League football within 5 years!

Ropemaker

Nov 28, 2018, 12:37 PM

Post #88 of 97 (23683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Approaching December, that's 16 changes at 15 clubs so far this season, unless I've missed one:

PL (1): Fulham
Ch (3): Aston V, Brentford, Ipswich
L1 (5): Blackpool, Scunthorpe, Bradford, AFC Wimbledon, Shrewsbury
L2 (7): Cheltenham, Notts C (2), Crawley, Northampton, Macclesfield, Swindon

scottywalds
First Team Star

Dec 1, 2018, 10:57 AM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #89 of 97 (23264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Joe Dunne has left Cambidge United

ladderman

Dec 1, 2018, 2:41 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #90 of 97 (23209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Joe Dunne has left Cambidge United

Not a moment too soon. Nice, probably a decent assistant, but just not a good manager

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 3, 2018, 9:58 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #91 of 97 (22843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Southampton have sacked Mark Hughes.

paulh66

Dec 3, 2018, 5:30 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #92 of 97 (22676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sam Ricketts is the new gaffer at Shrewsbury. Wrexham forum in meltdown, just as it was when they appointed him six months ago!
EDIT: Think somebody will be having a word with the Shrews' photographer: https://pbs.twimg.com/...t=jpg&name=large

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Dec 3, 2018, 5:37 PM)

kirby knitters

Dec 4, 2018, 1:22 PM

Post #93 of 97 (22416 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Neal Ardley has left AFC Wimbledon by mutual consent.

Replaced by Wally Downes.

kirby knitters

Dec 5, 2018, 1:36 PM

Post #94 of 97 (22098 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Southampton have sacked Mark Hughes.

Replaced by former RB Leipzig manager Ralph Hasenhuttl.

Ropemaker

Dec 6, 2018, 10:44 AM

Post #95 of 97 (21828 views)
Shortcut

Reading sack Paul Clement

paulh66

Dec 13, 2018, 2:18 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #96 of 97 (20271 views)
Shortcut

Darrell Clarke departs Bristol Rovers.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 13, 2018, 8:17 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #97 of 97 (19762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Parting Company 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yeovil Town FC's assistant manager Terry Skiverton has stepped down from his position 'to spend more time with his family'. This is after over nineteen years at YTFC as player, captain, manager (twice) and assistant manager on numerous occasions.

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3