Nov 30, 2018, 4:03 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #1 of 4 (14475 views)
Shortcut
Hamburg Hop 23-26 November 2018 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hamburg Groundhop:

Friday 23/11/18 Oberliga Hamburg

SC Victoria 2(1)-(0)0 TSV Niendorfer. E6, free A4 programme, Att z400

Poor game which Victoria should have won easily especially after Niendorfer had 2 players dismissed by a hyperactive Ref. Had trouble finding the ground if only because every route planner sent me through a hospital car park, so I believed them! Allegedly the oldest stand in Hamburg, the ground has sufferred a bit from a recent rebuild, but I liked it.

Saturday 24/11/18 Reg Nord

Eintracht Norderstedt 3(1)-(1)1 VFL Oldenburg. E9, Free programme, Att 215 Off.

A late decision to do this, I had originally planned to travel. Terrific game, the home side played some lovely football and for large parts of the game absolutely batterred the opposition goal, hitting the post and bar a number of times, yet the opposition didnt disgrace themselves either. Decent ground with a lot of terracing in a leafy suburb.

Sunday 25/11/18 10:45 Landesliga Hammonia

USC Paloma 4(3)-(0)1 Halstenbek-Rellingen. E5, Free programme, Att 150+1 hc.

Good early morning fare, the ground is effectively a 3G cage surrounding by some interesting buildings and has some nice touches like park benches to sit on, and a good clubhouse. Another good game, League leaders Paloma started very fast, went 3 up then appeared to start their winter break early. Visitors werent good enough to make posession count. 45 minute transit to game 2:

14:00 Oberliga Hamburg

Altona 93 1(1)-(0) HEBC. E6, Free programme, Att z1000+5 dogs.

Absolutely dire game with hardly any goal attempts, it was in fact a miracle this wasnt a 0-0. Victoria had put 6 past HEBC not long ago, Altona, top of the League, were very disappointing. Terrific ground, with a suitable air of decay and a ton of terracing and of course a very relaxed atmosphere.

Monday 26/11/18 2.Bundesliga

Hamburger SV 2(0)-(1)2 1 FC Union Berlin. E26, no programme, Att 45,584

Finished the weekend with controversial Monday Night Football and some glory seeking with the top 2 sides in the 2nd tier. An exciting game, although Hamburg were poor in the first half, which was scrappy, in the second they attacked from the off and took the lead on 65 minutes. They missed a sitter in 89 minutes and as I was walking out Union went down the other end and equalised. Plenty of atmosphere and a resonable ground for a new build, but good grief its in the middle of nowhere with S bahn, buses and massive queues to get in it took me an hour from when I left the hotel.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 17, 2019, 1:37 AM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #2 of 4 (1758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Hamburg Hop 23-26 November 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I also did a Hamburg groundhop, this time in April. First up was:

Wed 3 Apr
Landesliga Holstein
SV Schackendorf 2-1 Heikendorfer SV

This ia a bus ride then walk through a forest from the town of Bad Segeberg, which has a station. Coming back, I needed a taxi back to Bad Segeberg.

The clubhouse building has a hatch on the back selling rolls, hot drinks and Flensburg beers. Of course, there's also a sausage stall, which did a good schinkenwurst. The main pitch is surrounded by a rail with terracing much of one end and in the corner of the other end. There's also benches in an elevated position on the near side, plus the media block has a bit cover and a long bench on the ground level. On the opposite side, there's a path above a grass banks and the characterful yellow dugouts.

The midtable visitors started brightly and were well on top before scoring less than 10 minutes in, creationg chance after chance. But they seemed to take their foot off the pedal. The home side, struggling at the foot of the table, did not look like scoring really until the equalised with 10 minutes or so to to go - but they quickly made it 2 and were able to hold on to move out of the relegation places.

Further days to follow

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (957) Kingsway Park Ashland Rovers 2-0 Underwood Villa
With FC United: 135
On the agenda:
22/10 Rocester v NKF Burbage
27/10 Floriana v Senglea Athletic

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 29, 2019, 1:10 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Hamburg Hop 23-26 November 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday April 5
Landesliga Halburg (Hammonia Staffel)
Union Tornesch 3-1 Nikola Tesla

Tornesch is quite a way NW from Hambur,g one of the more outlying venues in this division.

The Torneum Fussballpark is behind a leisure centre and includes 3 pitches (2 3G, 1 grass), each with their own stand. This game was on the middle one, one of the 3G's. The leisure centre has a nice bar and tables outside from which it's possible to watch and that's where we started the game. Of course sausages are available too.

Tornesch are too far off top to still be thinking of promotion but were still too strong for their mid-table opponents.

Sat April 6
Holstein Kiel 2-1 St Pauli

This is one I'd been looking forward to all year. Tickets were in short supply, but a local friend sourced me one. The visiting terrace was packed, so mostly my view of the pitch was obstructed with large flags but the atmosphere was good. At least the performance was better than my previous St Pauli away at Jahn Regensburg last year (3-0), they wer in the game this time. The classic main stand is still in situ but there's a new home terrace behind the goal, almost finished, which will add extra capacity. There was talk of moving but it looks unlikely having invested in the new stand. Only alcohol-free beer for the visitors in this derby, but prematch drinks were obtained at the Kielerbrau brauhaus in the city centre.

Post match, I was fortunate to have a lift which meant we were able to make it to SV Klausdorf, SE of Kiel in the Landesliga Holstien.
15:30 SV Klausdorf 6-0 TSV Travemunde

Klausdorf has a nice looking grass pitch, with a clubhouse cum pizza restauarant overlooking it. But today, despite dry weather in the run up on the 3G cage next door. There's still a stand outside the cage with approx 5 steps. Hard standing pitchside on the only usable side. Shame they weren't playing on the top pitch. Takeaway pizza and weizen from the clubhouse made this enjoyable though.

Back to Hamburg, where I bumped into Chelsea Spud at Altona, both of us heading for Malto, unfortunately closed for a private party that evening. An alternative pub was sourced though, not with Malto's choice alas.

10:45 Sunday April 7
Landesliga Hammonia USC Paloma 5-0 Elmshorn

Paloma are a Hamburg institution on Sunday mornings, this being this regular kick off time. I've slept in before and missed it, but since then Paloma have changed the hardplatz for a 3G. There's only a barrier on the nearside, but you can walk all around and there's benches on the far side, perfect in the morning sun on this day. There's a large sausage stall too, also dispensing pils, but you can also head up to the lovely clubhouse bar upstairs where there's both weizen and a changing craft bottled beer - all with a view of most of the game from inside and a balcony with shade and a better view - I watched the 2nd half from here. Paloma were good value for their win and chase HSV III for the title. I do recommend a visit here, and you can usually pick from a number of double options.

Next over to Condor to meet friends who were ticking the 3G there which is their current preference over the main stadium (same complex). From there we drove up to Landesliga Hansa newcomer, SV Bergstedt. This was selected for our driver to complete this league.

15:00 SV Bergstedt 0-5 SV Altengamme

This is not the most accessible of Hansa venues, but there are buses up this way (ENE of Hamburg). There's a decent clubhouse by the entrance (weizen available) and sausage kiosk in the same corner. Beyond that, it's pretty basic, just a long 2 step terrace on one side with benches on and hard standing around the rest. Game was nowhere near the morning's level.

I was on the evening Easyjet flight to Manchester but plenty of time to get to Sternschanze where, 45 minutes later, those on the 'Hamburg hop' arrived in the Altes Madchen, one of the top Hamburg pubs for beer choice. Good to chat to hear about their schedule.

On the agenda:

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on May 13, 2019, 11:36 PM)

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 13, 2019, 1:28 PM

Post #4 of 4 (738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Hamburg Hop 23-26 November 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Further Hamburg visit, this time with ms os6 accompanying me so less games than usual.

Saturday 10th August 13:00
Sportplatz Tegelsbarg
Bezirksliga SC Poppenbuttel 4-1 Hoisbutteler SV
Attendance: c200
Admission: 3

Don't usually drop to the 7th level here but with a need to get to the harbour after for a boat trip, the early kick off was a winner. It's not Poppenbuttel's normal venue apparently but it's decent enough - clubhouse by entrance with a tiny bar and a mobile sausage stall, full pitch length 3 step terrace and hard standing around the rest. The only cover is from the trees lining the sides. Athletics track surrounding it.

Game was pretty good and the visitors will feel hard done by, right in the game until 2 goals 5 minutes from time. To get here, you need a bus heading between Poppenbuttel and Niendorf, both of which are on the s/ubahn.

Post harbour trip refreshment (Atlantic Ale) in the Stortebeker bar at the Elbphilharmonie with good views across Hamburg, before heading to Bar Oorlam, with a good set of Buddleship beers and guests, but with a 22:00 curfew. Strangely no such problem at the tapas bar 100m away, which comes highly recommended.

Sunday 11 August 15:30
Deutsche Pokal
VfB Lubeck 3-3p St Pauli
Admission: 14 (standing)

There's no love lost between the fans of these sides. Lubeck made light work of the 2 division gap in opening up a 2 goal first half lead, but the visitors scored 2 quick goals 15 minutes into the 2nd half. An early extra time goal put St Pauli ahead for the 1st time and they should have buried it in the 2nd period but on rounding the keeper, the striker could only hit the post. Lubeck admirably pressed and secured an equaliser to take it to pens. Lubeck missed the 1st, St Pauli the 2nd and in the 5th penalties, pressure told on the Lubeck player needing to score and the keeper saved. Great contest and atmosphere, no bother that I am aware of.

A number of the better looking pubs in Lubeck close Sundays but the Seaman's guildhall has a fabulous old interior and a range of craft and draught beers, if rather expensive. More down to earth and brewing it's own beers was Brauberger, only open post game though.

On the agenda:

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3