replying with a quote

northstandexile
First Team Star

Nov 14, 2018, 10:55 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #1 of 7 (14774 views)
Shortcut
replying with a quote Can't Post or Reply Privately

In the past when replying to a post with a quote from a previous post I used to type and reply below a line. Now I can only post above the line in the same section as the original post.
very annoying as viewers can't tell which is my post and which is the previous quote.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 14, 2018, 11:54 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 7 (14757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northstandexile] replying with a quote [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
In the past when replying to a post with a quote from a previous post I used to type and reply below a line. Now I can only post above the line in the same section as the original post.
very annoying as viewers can't tell which is my post and which is the previous quote.
---------------------------------------------------------

Ditto, that's why I put my own lines in.

---------------------------------------------------------

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 105 / 89 / 16 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 12 / 11 / 2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Nov 15, 2018, 1:27 AM)

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 14, 2018, 11:58 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 7 (14748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] replying with a quote [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The forum software is old and doesn't get updated.
If you use Internet Explorer you can add the site via the Compatibility View settings. Firefox does not have this setting. I don't know about other Browsers.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 15, 2018, 12:36 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #4 of 7 (14720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northstandexile] replying with a quote [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure if this helps but if using the safari browser there's no line at the end of the quoted text, instead it has /reply in square brackets. All you need to do is carry on typing after it and the line separating your post from the quoted text will appear when you've posted.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 15, 2018, 7:22 AM

Post #5 of 7 (14694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] replying with a quote [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If you use Internet Explorer you can add the site via the Compatibility View settings. Firefox does not have this setting. I don't know about other Browsers.

Doesn't appear to be a problem with Firefox. Just type after the /reply tag.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 15, 2018, 8:35 AM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #6 of 7 (14688 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

When quoting I always start in the "Basic Editor" then switch back once I have my text established below the "quote line". I hope this helps, and I'm using Firefox.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

northstandexile
First Team Star

Nov 16, 2018, 7:04 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #7 of 7 (14565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] replying with a quote [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Doesn't appear to be a problem with Firefox. Just type after the /reply tag.

Tried the Compatibility View settings with IE and it has worked, Thanks

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3