barcud-coch
First Team Star

Nov 8, 2018, 11:12 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1003 views)
Shortcut
Thursday 8th November 2018 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pegasus Juniors 1 Barnsley WMA 2

Old School Lane: Midland Floodlit Youth League Cup Second Round

Old School Lane is becoming a regular haunt for me on Thursday evening with a proliferation of fixtures in the Midland Floodlit Youth League for both the host club and Hereford FC. This evening it was the turn of Pegasus Juniors to play here but I would return in the coming weeks before Christmas to watch Hereford in action. The Hereford club came into this League Cup tie in the lower-half of the Southern Division table following a 6-2 home defeat at the hands of Stourport Swifts last week. Their opponents found themselves in the lower-half of the Western Division but had enjoyed a 4-1 victory at Tividale in the previous outing. The visitor's Twitter account describes themselves as a 'West Midlands Academy in association with Barnsley Football Club'.

The match kicked-off over 20 minutes late and the visitors opened the scoring in the 12th minute when a Barnsley WMA forward cut inside and curled in a delightful effort from 25 yards. The Western Division outfit doubled their advantage two minutes after the interval in a frantic spell of play. The crossbar was struck with a fierce 25 yard drive before the woodwork was hit again and then finally the ball was headed into the net from close range. Pegasus Juniors created plenty of goal scoring opportunities of their own before could only score one goal courtesy of 72nd minute penalty. The match was delayed further throughout by a number of injuries and did not eventually finish until nearly 10:15pm but the word of the evening for both teams was profligacy.

2018/19 Statistics
Goals: 413
Matches: 87
New Grounds: 14

codofthenorth
First Team Sub

Nov 9, 2018, 12:24 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 4 (941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Thursday 8th November 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bury 3-2 Fleetwood Town.....FA Youth Cup 2nd Round...Gigg Lane....Adm £5.....Team Sheet's available free of charge.

Took an afternoon drive down to Bury for this evening's encounter at Gigg Lane. Fleetwood opened the scoring on 80 seconds with a decent finish from No 11 Carl Johnston. Fleetwood had the better of the early encounters but eventually Bury settled and equalised through No11 Femi Seriki with a low header in front of goal. Bury had a couple of half chances just before the break but failed to convert them.
All square at the break but it didnt stay that way for long. On 48 minutes Callum Hulme fired in a rocket of a shot into the Fleetwood goal. Bury were now in the ascendancy and they went further ahead on 83 minutes. A Fleetwood players was being pulled back by his shirt but the referee didnt give the decision, Bury went up field and were awarded a penalty. With the penalty despatched it was 3--1 to the Shakers. The Cods had a penalty of their own awarded on 90+1 minutes, a bit soft to be fair but it was fired home. Well done to Bury, the better side won on the night. Noticed Bury's side had Sam Allardyce at No5, he's looking younger these days!!

A decent turn out tonight, just the main stand open. The next visitors are Dover in the FA Cup on Saturday, tickets £15. Good run back up the M66 and soon back home, without delay.

So Many Grounds....So little time!!

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 9, 2018, 2:21 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 4 (895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [codofthenorth] Thursday 8th November 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday a/m awaiting PC2831 , £18 Trabzon to Sabiha Gocken with a sharp connection to Blighty.

Thursday game , Trabzon & District Amateur Div 2C.

Macka 15 Subatspor 2 v 1 Akcakoyspor.
13-00.
@ https://www.google.co.uk/....803153!4d39.6183848

Macka kept up their title hopes with a hard earned 2-1 win in a scrappy game.
Unfortunately for them the other 3 at the top all won.

Trabzon Amateur Football is spread over midweek , each division has their specific days. Midweek just gone had D1A on Tuesday , Div 1B on Wednesday and Divs 2 A,B &C on Thurday (With a couple of exceptions).
Kick offs vary between 11-00/13-00/15-00. Trebles available.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 117 / 96 / 21(You know my rules) @ 16 /11 /2018.(Only 8 x 0-0's)
Benelux. Bel = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-0-1 ) Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 2 - 1 ).
Scotland Senior 0-0-0-0-(0-0)-EastofS -1 NofS 0 - SouthofS -2 - Junior (0-0-0)-(0-0-1-0)-(0-0)-(0).
N I = 0-0-5. ROI =0-0-( Leinster-2 , Munster-2, Ulster -0.) Wales =0- (0-0).
Scan Den=1-1, Faroes=8, Fin=0-2, Ice=0-3, Nor=0-9, Swe=0-1. Baltics Est= 0, Lat= 2, Lith=1.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Nov 9, 2018, 2:51 AM)

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 9, 2018, 8:53 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #4 of 4 (724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Thursday 8th November 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

UEFA Europa League Sectional Game
Celtic v RB Leipzig, 2-1, H.T. 1-0, Att c.58000, Admission £27, Programme £3.50, Didnít sample grub
At Celtic Park

This was more like a proper ko Cup tie than a group game and provided splendid entertainment on a rain-soaked Glasgow evening.

It was the first time that I have seen RB Leipzig, who were accompanied by around 2200 fans in Glasgow. Mingling with them in George Square a few hours before the game, they struck me as very unlike real football fans. Very sedate and sober, with lots of older people and families . . . I expect the bams from Leipzig still support Lok or Sachsen, rather than the franchise that is RB.

Celticís performances have improved hugely since the early part of the season. Much as I am an admirer of Scott Brown, it may be significant that the upturn has come since he was injured. Celticís pace has upped considerably, and when Brown was playing everything had to go through him Ė now they are adopting a more varied approach and moving the ball forward more quickly.

Pre-match we were treated to the first outing of the fancy new disco lights that were installed at Parkhead during the Summer at a cost of £2.5 million. Itís the same sort of system as they have at the Amsterdam ArenA and was certainly very impressive but the Celtic fans near me would still have preferred the money to have been spent on John McGinn.

Celtic took the lead in the 12trh minute when Kieran Tierney scored with a good shot across the goalkeeper. The home side should have been further ahead by half time Ė they made all the running and created several good opportunities without fully testing the RB keeper. James Forrest and Scott Sinclair were back tot heir best and I lost count of how many Leipzigers were booked for fouling Forrest.

The second half was a different story. Leipzig switched things around and began to put more pressure on Celtic who lost the assuredness and poise that had been evident in the first half. It was no great surprise when Leipzig equalised with twelve minutes left Ė Lustigís marking was poor as their forward was free to head in from close range.

Credit to Celtic for going in front again within 20 seconds of the restart. Sinclair drove forward, played a great ball in to Christie, and his low pass left Edouard with a simple tap in. This was more like the big European nights at Parkhead with the stadium bouncing (literally). Leipzig stormed back and struck the woodwork but by the end Celtic were dictating the game and saw it out for a good win Ė although they remain behind Leipzig on head-to-head. Salzburg have already qualified and Rosenborg are out.

Parked up near Parkhead in the afternoon and took the train into the city centre to meet some mates for a pre-match pint in the Blane Valley on Glassford Street. From there it is a half hour walk out to Celtic Park Ė thereís little point trying to get on a bus an hour before kick off. Perhaps worth noting that it is much better to go by the Gallowagte rather than London Road / Bridgeton if you value your safety.

Donít know what the programme was like Ė mine was a sodden ball of papier mache by the time I got through the deluge to the car after the game. Itís currently in the airing cupboard.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3