Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
EU Withdrawal Negotiations

First page Previous page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 Next page Last page  View All

mip
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 26, 2018, 9:40 AM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #1926 of 1967 (1454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ronsdog] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The whole shabby, corrupt, self serving and dysfunctional EU and its bureaucrats summed up by one brave Dutch MEP earlier today.

https://youtu.be/-c5jsvV_hCw

Expect lots more of this after the Euro elections.
The rotten edifice is slowly imploding but the elites and their followers still can't see it.......Crazy

Sophie in t'Veld rants against the European Council, so the head of states, because she doesn't think the Council is taking enough political steps forward. She wants Mr Tusk to take more action.

She, and her party D66, are firm believers in European integration. From wikipedia: D66 favours a Federal Europe and more European cooperation on issues such as the environment, immigration policy, and foreign policy.

So I don't think she really supports your point.Tongue

On a side note, the European Medicines Agency is now starting their move from London to Amsterdam. Loss of status and 900 jobs for the UK.Frown

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Oct 26, 2018, 10:34 AM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #1927 of 1967 (1437 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
The whole shabby, corrupt, self serving and dysfunctional EU and its bureaucrats summed up by one brave Dutch MEP earlier today.

The rotten edifice is slowly imploding but the elites and their followers still can't see it.......Crazy

Sophie in t'Veld rants against the European Council, so the head of states, because she doesn't think the Council is taking enough political steps forward. She wants Mr Tusk to take more action.

She, and her party D66, are firm believers in European integration. From wikipedia: D66 favours a Federal Europe and more European cooperation on issues such as the environment, immigration policy, and foreign policy.

On a side note, the European Medicines Agency is now starting their move from London to Amsterdam. Loss of status and 900 jobs for the UK.Frown

I take the opposite view Michael.
When the true believers can't agree amongst themselves it doesn't bode well for the future of the bloc.

The Italian budget crisis simply proves my point. The views of the citizens of Europe are simply disregarded by the Brussels nomenclatures.

The EU is facing existential problems that are currently approaching crisis levels and they have no real answers to these difficulties. If the Euro survives, which I very much doubt, then the whole economic model based on a federalist future will have to be rethought.

The economic model on which the EU was founded is broken and the UKs decision to resign its membership simply adds fuel to that particular fire.

If anyone can show me where a common currency zone without fiscal convergence has worked then I will reconsider my view. Until then I will remain implacably opposed to the EU and its clear resistance to change.

Should the UK/EU not cobble together a leave package that is acceptable to both then so be it. The economic damage that will follow, will in my view, be worth it to be free of the political aims of the EU.

mip

Oct 26, 2018, 11:17 AM

Post #1928 of 1967 (1417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ronsdog] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I take the opposite view Michael.
When the true believers can't agree amongst themselves it doesn't bode well for the future of the bloc.

Debate and discussion is the way forward, it's a strength not a weakness. And it's obvious that 27 sovereign countries, with different local problems and challenges and different views, won't agree on things without serious and challenging discussions.

But doesn't it show that the EU isn't run by those "faceless bureaucrats" but by the countries, the head of states who discusses how to move ahead? And who, according to Ms in t'Veld (voted into the Parliament by the "liberal elite" Wink), doesn't move quickly enough and far enough.

There is, and will be, political discussions and political disagreements in EU. I take that as a strength.

But there is one thing that everyone amongst the EU27 agrees upon and that's the value of The Single Market. The Single Market is the golden egg that provides wealth for everyone. The latest big assessment in Denmark makes The Single Market worth 10% of our GDP.

And it's exactly The Single Market that UK want to undermine with the Chequers agreement. The UK has for almost two years been heading into a straight heads-on collision with EU on the one point where everyone in EU agrees.

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Oct 26, 2018, 11:36 AM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #1929 of 1967 (1406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm sure that come May and the European wide elections we shall see a very different complexion emerge.

As you say discussion will remain the way forward but I believe any resistance to change the fundamentals that the EU is based on will see more not less disagreement. Even the arch Europhile Macron, currently experiencing less than enthusiasm for his internal policies, sees a two speed Europe emerging.

I believe history is on my side and doubtless you the same.
I can only see disagreement and fragmentation ahead for the EU.
Either way the UK will survive and prosper as a non member of the bloc.

Whether other nations choose to join us in our independent journey remains to be seen.

(This post was edited by Ronsdog on Oct 26, 2018, 11:43 AM)

mip

Oct 26, 2018, 12:07 PM

Post #1930 of 1967 (1390 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I think the World is now in a situation of which the like has never been seen before. And whilst history and lessons learned from history are extremely important, I don't think history is a good pointer for how the future will develop.

Today we have a World connected globally in a way never seen before. Information travels at the speed of light (almost literally) and goods and people move around the World on a scale never seen before. The economy of the World is more entangled than ever before. The problems, challenges and opportunities this entails have never been encountered before. There are environmental challenges as well, plastic and more worryingly global warming. Again problems never encountered before.

These problems are global and need global solutions. For Europe to have a say on a global scale, we need to speak with one voice, which will then be a big voice that China, USA and Russia will have to listen to. Germany, UK, Poland, France shouting on their own won't make a difference.

I believe a European entity between countries who share common values and aims is the way forward. This doesn't eradicate the "national state" but it might redefine it and it plainly creates an entity where big and important challenges can be discussed, solutions found and executed.

(This post was edited by mip on Oct 26, 2018, 12:09 PM)

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Oct 26, 2018, 6:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #1931 of 1967 (1308 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think the World is now in a situation of which the like has never been seen before. And whilst history and lessons learned from history are extremely important, I don't think history is a good pointer for how the future will develop.

Today we have a World connected globally in a way never seen before. Information travels at the speed of light (almost literally) and goods and people move around the World on a scale never seen before. The economy of the World is more entangled than ever before. The problems, challenges and opportunities this entails have never been encountered before. There are environmental challenges as well, plastic and more worryingly global warming. Again problems never encountered before.

These problems are global and need global solutions. For Europe to have a say on a global scale, we need to speak with one voice, which will then be a big voice that China, USA and Russia will have to listen to. Germany, UK, Poland, France shouting on their own won't make a difference.

I believe a European entity between countries who share common values and aims is the way forward. This doesn't eradicate the "national state" but it might redefine it and it plainly creates an entity where big and important challenges can be discussed, solutions found and executed.

It amazes me how supposedly intelligent people are in such complete denial about the EU.
They know full well in their own minds all the faults and problems within and created by the EU and yet hold on to the myth of the progressive, benevolent, inclusive and democratic EU like a kid holds on to the belief that Santa exists long after they have learned the truth.

It would be funny if they weren't so dangerous.

jon b
First Team Star

Oct 26, 2018, 10:55 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #1932 of 1967 (1246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

supposedly intelligent people

Let's take it that there are intelligent people on both sides of the debate. Most of us don't claim infallibility.

(This post was edited by jon b on Oct 27, 2018, 12:10 AM)

jon b
First Team Star

Oct 27, 2018, 12:59 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #1933 of 1967 (1177 views)
Shortcut

As a bit of light relief from the current handbag swinging, I bring to your attention the latest contribution to the Brexit process of Vince Cable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/...uk-politics-45991267

If that's the best Vince can come up with, we can rest assured that currently, my lot, the Lib Dems, are just as utterly useless as HM Govt and HM Loyal Opposition. Unsure

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Oct 27, 2018, 9:27 AM

Team(s):

Post #1934 of 1967 (1136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
As a bit of light relief from the current handbag swinging, I bring to your attention the latest contribution to the Brexit process of Vince Cable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/...uk-politics-45991267

If that's the best Vince can come up with, we can rest assured that currently, my lot, the Lib Dems, are just as utterly useless as HM Govt and HM Loyal Opposition. Unsure

Good point. I maybe should have said 'in other matters ' or 'otherwise' perfectly intelligent people'.

I've often thought Cable has no understanding of the scale of the utter nonsense that he spouts.......or worse, he's simply disingenuous!

jrev61

Oct 27, 2018, 9:34 AM

Team(s): None

Post #1935 of 1967 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surely if Brexit was a threat to Strictly Come Dancing then more people would have voted to leaveSmile

jrev61

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 27, 2018, 12:02 PM

Post #1936 of 1967 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or

I believe the majority of Remain voters like myself were happy with the Status quo of remaining in the EU and could see more benefits being in rather than being out.

They didn't want to risk everything on a 3 legged Nag with no form, running in the 3.30 at Kempton Park!

I need to have the last word as it makes it look as if i'm always right!

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 27, 2018, 10:14 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #1937 of 1967 (1042 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What do Status Quo think ?

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 28, 2018, 1:31 AM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #1938 of 1967 (993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Down down deeper and down......

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 28, 2018, 2:04 AM

Post #1939 of 1967 (975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

Probably the same as me, read their manifesto and just said "I don't like What your proposing!"

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 29, 2018, 7:40 PM

Team(s): Fareham Town - THE CREEKSIDERS

Post #1940 of 1967 (802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Sod it, Its Margherita Time!

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor
www.facebook.com/nonleaguebins

A football club is for life, not just for trophies

Cal
Junior Team Sub

Nov 8, 2018, 1:51 PM

Post #1941 of 1967 (460 views)
Shortcut

Chief Brexit Negotiator, Dominic Raab, admits that the UK is indeed an island close to France, something he had not previously taken note of.

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1060480347555725312

007Dale
First Team Regular

Nov 8, 2018, 2:17 PM

Post #1942 of 1967 (448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cal] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Chief Brexit Negotiator, Dominic Raab, admits that the UK is indeed an island close to France, something he had not previously taken note of.

I would argue that Great Britain is an island near France. The United Kingdom is a country that spans many lands, including Great Britain and Ireland.

Cal
Junior Team Sub

Nov 8, 2018, 2:23 PM

Post #1943 of 1967 (444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I would argue that Great Britain is an island near France. The United Kingdom is a country that spans many lands, including Great Britain and Ireland.

A truly thrilling post

PaulC

Nov 8, 2018, 5:20 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #1944 of 1967 (397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cal] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

He’s right, though.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 9, 2018, 11:01 AM

Post #1945 of 1967 (295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or

The second benefit of Brexit was recently announced to go alongside the shiny blue passport we will all be receiving. The introduction of the Brexit 50 pence piece!

Doesn't it make you thrilled to be leaving! Crazy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-46016359

dottirofhod

Nov 9, 2018, 11:11 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1946 of 1967 (289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The introduction of the Brexit 50 pence piece!

==============================================

Brilliant ,“Friendship with all nations” on it, expect you preferred Peter Rabbit or Benjamin Bunny ?

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 117 / 96 / 21(You know my rules) @ 16 /11 /2018.(Only 8 x 0-0's)
Benelux. Bel = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-0-1 ) Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 2 - 1 ).
Scotland Senior 0-0-0-0-(0-0)-EastofS -1 NofS 0 - SouthofS -2 - Junior (0-0-0)-(0-0-1-0)-(0-0)-(0).
N I = 0-0-5. ROI =0-0-( Leinster-2 , Munster-2, Ulster -0.) Wales =0- (0-0).
Scan Den=1-1, Faroes=8, Fin=0-2, Ice=0-3, Nor=0-9, Swe=0-1. Baltics Est= 0, Lat= 2, Lith=1.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 9, 2018, 11:22 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1947 of 1967 (282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would have thought a garland of barbed wire, with the slogan "Keep Out" to be more appropriate.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

dottirofhod

Nov 9, 2018, 11:37 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1948 of 1967 (271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Perhaps add a Trump card and electrify it ?

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 117 / 96 / 21(You know my rules) @ 16 /11 /2018.(Only 8 x 0-0's)
Benelux. Bel = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-0-1 ) Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 2 - 1 ).
Scotland Senior 0-0-0-0-(0-0)-EastofS -1 NofS 0 - SouthofS -2 - Junior (0-0-0)-(0-0-1-0)-(0-0)-(0).
N I = 0-0-5. ROI =0-0-( Leinster-2 , Munster-2, Ulster -0.) Wales =0- (0-0).
Scan Den=1-1, Faroes=8, Fin=0-2, Ice=0-3, Nor=0-9, Swe=0-1. Baltics Est= 0, Lat= 2, Lith=1.

jrev61

Nov 9, 2018, 12:54 PM

Team(s): None

Post #1949 of 1967 (244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
The introduction of the Brexit 50 pence piece!

==============================================

Brilliant ,“Friendship with all nations” on it, expect you preferred Peter Rabbit or Benjamin Bunny ?

Or 'the Snowman'?

jrev61

PaulC

Nov 9, 2018, 4:01 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #1950 of 1967 (211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's quite a resignation statement from Jo Johnson.

There can't be any wheels left on the Brexit bandwagon.

https://medium.com/...it-deal-3d289f95f2bc

First page Previous page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3