Intrusive noisy advert

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 6, 2018, 11:14 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #1 of 4 (503 views)
Shortcut
Intrusive noisy advert Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone else getting a repetitive noisy video advert which is really intrusive- exactly the sort of thing that would make any sane person vow never to utilise whatever product is being promoted. It repeats every time you change a page.
How long are we stuck with this for and is it the first of many ?

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 6, 2018, 11:29 PM

Team(s): None

Post #2 of 4 (479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Intrusive noisy advert [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Anyone else getting a repetitive noisy video advert which is really intrusive- exactly the sort of thing that would make any sane person vow never to utilise whatever product is being promoted. It repeats every time you change a page.
How long are we stuck with this for and is it the first of many ?

Yes I am. Couldn't work out what it was advertising though. It started with drumming then some awful rap music. I can't think of anything better to drive people away from this site, apart from maybe a speech (in Latin) by Jacob Rees-Mogg!

jrev61

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 7, 2018, 12:14 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 4 (418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Intrusive noisy advert [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've not seen this ad. There certainly should not be any auto-run video ads on the site

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 7, 2018, 10:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 4 (343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Intrusive noisy advert [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Okay I have had this ad myself now. It's an auto-run video embedded into a normal banner for 'Visit Portugal'. Clearly this is not accepted advertising practice and I have cancelled my Portuguese holiday Tongue
I've informed the ad people to get it banned. The ad mentioned in the other thread has already been banned.
Cheers.... Steve

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3