Is there a need for Step 7?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ThornburyTom
Junior Team Regular

Nov 27, 2018, 1:42 PM

Team(s): Thornbury Town, Bristol City

Post #26 of 30 (6671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] Is there a need for Step 7? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Gloucestershire has a very well organised local pyramid (down to Step 13!). Teams that get relegated from the Glos Northern Senior League usually go down to the Cheltenham, North Glos, or Stroud and District League.

And on the Bristol side of the Glos County League, teams go down to the Bristol & Suburban or Bristol Premier Combination and various league down to the Bristol & Avon League which is technically Step 16 if I count correctly

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 27, 2018, 2:08 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #27 of 30 (6660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ThornburyTom] Is there a need for Step 7? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Gloucestershire has a very well organised local pyramid (down to Step 13!). Teams that get relegated from the Glos Northern Senior League usually go down to the Cheltenham, North Glos, or Stroud and District League.

And on the Bristol side of the Glos County League, teams go down to the Bristol & Suburban or Bristol Premier Combination and various league down to the Bristol & Avon League which is technically Step 16 if I count correctly

Um the Bristol & Avon League folded a couple of years back!

Below the Bristol Premier Combo in the Bristol & District League - so that league's bottom division (Division Five) is the foot of the pyramid now -

GCL - Step 7
BPC - Steps 8 and 9
Bristol & District League - Steps 10 -15.

ThornburyTom
Junior Team Regular

Nov 27, 2018, 3:16 PM

Team(s): Thornbury Town, Bristol City

Post #28 of 30 (6601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Is there a need for Step 7? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My mistake! I was going by a wikipedia page that obviously needs updating.

Even with the Bristol & District League, it still shows that Bristol/Glos has one of the deepest Non-League systems in the country. I wonder if there's any more stories of teams coming through the leagues? Chipping Sodbury are now in Western League Premier Div from being in the Bristol & District and Bristol Premier Combination in the past.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 27, 2018, 3:55 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #29 of 30 (6553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Is there a need for Step 7? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Devon & Exeter League - assuming the Premier Division is Step 8 - goes down to Division 8, so Step 16. Admittedly at present only Bradninch Town have a first team in that division.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 27, 2018, 7:29 PM

Post #30 of 30 (6401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ThornburyTom] Is there a need for Step 7? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Glos and its environs do indeed have an impressively organised pyramid.
I recall Slimbridge playing in the Stroud & District League at step 10 a few years ago. Now they are at Step 3 in the Southern League after winning successive titles/and promotions in the Stroud, Glos NSL Div 2, Glos NSL Div 1, and Glos County League in successive seasons. I believe they were unbeaten in league games for about 3-4 years in the Stroud and Glos NSL and had a 100% record in the Glos NSL.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3