Fictional football on film:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 12, 2016, 9:48 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #76 of 100 (10768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Could be Fulham v Oxford United from 80/1 which was 4-0 to Oxford.

I was at that match (my first visit to Craven Cottage) but I don't think it is Oxford who are the visitors. If you look closely at the visiting team's yellow shirts they seem to have markings on them which don't match what Oxford were wearing at the time. The episode in question was broadcast in December 1982 so I think it is more likely that they used a game from 81-82 involving a visiting team who wore yellow as their change kit.

Edit; as an aside, it's interesting to note that later on in the episode, they show copies of a matchday programme on a table.
I think this could well be the only time matchday programmes for a fictional match have been shown on TV, at least in the UK.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Aug 12, 2016, 9:51 PM)

Rob North
First Team Star

Aug 15, 2016, 12:55 PM

Team(s): Didcot Town, Reading

Post #77 of 100 (10031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I had narrowed the field down to 80-81 opponents, but the Fulham kit looks like the 81-82 kit. Probably an early season game, plenty of grass on the pitch, and before the clocks changed as there's plenty of light. In my opinion that narrows the field down to:

29/8 v Brentford
12/9 v Bristol City
26/9 Chester City
17/10 Newport County

Anyone know if the away team's kit matches any of those?

(This post was edited by Rob North on Aug 15, 2016, 1:32 PM)

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 13, 2017, 11:04 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #78 of 100 (8166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rob North] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has anybody just watched ITV's new drama 'Bobby and Tina' about Bobby Moore and his wife?
If so did anyone recognise the ground his West Ham team were training on? The pitch was enclosed by a white plastic rail which I'm sure no grounds had back in the 1960's when it was set, one side of the ground had a small covered terrace with green corrugated roof with brick wall behind. When he was training with England, probably used the same ground, there was a grand white building with tudor exterior behind the opposite side but not facing the pitch. Couldn't see any lights so whichever club's home ground it was can't be any higher than Step 7 in the pyramid.

Eastbourne
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 14, 2017, 8:19 AM

Team(s): Chelsea,Eastbourne clubs

Post #79 of 100 (8123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to IMDb website the filming location was Manchester.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 17, 2017, 10:28 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #80 of 100 (7908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Has anybody just watched ITV's new drama 'Bobby and Tina' about Bobby Moore and his wife?

I watched the first 15 minutes. It was dire. Fortunately by that time Mrs Part-Timer, at whose insistence we were watching it, had fallen asleep and I was able to put the Leeds v Derby game back on. Sadly that didn't attain the level of entertainment that games between these two in the 1970s managed. I would rather watch a programme about Franny Lee and Norman Hunter than Mr and Mrs Moore. PirateSmile

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Jan 17, 2017, 1:48 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #81 of 100 (7873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I watched the first 15 minutes. It was dire. Fortunately by that time Mrs Part-Timer, at whose insistence we were watching it, had fallen asleep and I was able to put the Leeds v Derby game back on. Sadly that didn't attain the level of entertainment that games between these two in the 1970s managed. I would rather watch a programme about Franny Lee and Norman Hunter than Mr and Mrs Moore. PirateSmile

Lee v Hunter now that was good old classic entertainment with a game of football thrown in as a sideline.

genesimmons
Youth Team Regular

Jan 23, 2017, 9:43 PM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #82 of 100 (7504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

See weatherfield county werr mentioned again in coronation st. Anyone know where they play at? Im sure one of there games were featured years ago but cant remember which ground was used

You wanted the best, you got the best

jrev61

Jan 24, 2017, 10:37 AM

Team(s): None

Post #83 of 100 (7438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
See weatherfield county werr mentioned again in coronation st. Anyone know where they play at? Im sure one of there games were featured years ago but cant remember which ground was used

The pub in Coronation Street is the Rovers Return. I believe this is supposed to refer to a defunct football or rugby team. I also vaguely remember that there was a storyline 30 or 40 years ago where someone was trying to reform the club. AFC Weatherfield Rovers?

jrev61

PaulC

Jan 24, 2017, 11:42 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #84 of 100 (7427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I noticed young Simon wearing a green and white football scarf last night. I'm guessing he's not a Celtic supporter - though half his family appears to hail from Scotland - so I take it they are the Weatherfield County colours.

Ken's brother David was a Weatherfield County player in the 60s.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Jan 24, 2017, 11:43 AM)

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Jan 24, 2017, 1:38 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #85 of 100 (7396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I noticed young Simon wearing a green and white football scarf last night. I'm guessing he's not a Celtic supporter - though half his family appears to hail from Scotland - so I take it they are the Weatherfield County colours.
=================================================They are indeed. Follow this link to see a picture of Tim in a Weatherfield County replica shirt. Their recent opponents haven't been mentioned, but as the article states, I can remember them in the Conference, playing the likes of Canvey Island.http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.co.uk/...field-county-fc.html

(This post was edited by Sale Holmfield on Jan 24, 2017, 1:39 PM)

dottirofhod

Jan 24, 2017, 1:55 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #86 of 100 (7385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is Tommy Orpington anywhere near match fitness, they need him for the run in.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 92 / 76 / 16. (You know my rules) @ 18 /10 /2018.(Only 6 x 0-0's).
Benelux. Bel = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-2-1 ) Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 2 - 1 ).
Scotland Senior 0-0-0-0-(0-0)-(EastofS -1 NofS 0 - SouthofS -2 -( Junior. (0-0-0)-(0-0-1-0)-(0-0)-(0).
N I = 0-0-5. ROI =0-0-( Leinster-2 , Munster-2, Ulster -0.) Wales =0- (0-0).
Scan Den=1-1, Faroes=8, Fin=0-2, Ice=0-3, Nor=0-9, Swe=0-1. Baltics Est= 0, Lat= 2, Lith=1.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 24, 2017, 6:08 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #87 of 100 (7330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Is Tommy Orpington anywhere near match fitness, they need him for the run in.

What about Willie Eckaslyke ?

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 6, 2017, 2:38 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #88 of 100 (6899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Eastbourne] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
According to IMDb website the filming location was Manchester.

Just watched the final episode of Tina and Bobby on catchup. Sale rugby ground, Heywood Road, passed off first as Watford's Vicarage Road when Bobby Moore went to see Elton John about the manager's job showing the main stand and later, when he became manager of Oxford City, the old White House ground showing the covered terrace opposite. Instantly recognised the road leading up to the ground after visiting for Swinton rugby league last year.

Ropemaker

Jun 27, 2018, 6:33 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #89 of 100 (2890 views)
Shortcut

There's a new film called "Bromley Boys" about Bromley FC starring Alan Davies and Martine McCutcheon.

https://www.theguardian.com/...-britcom-shoots-wide

I haven't seen it but some scenes were apparently filmed at Crockenhill's ground

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

kirby knitters

Jun 28, 2018, 8:17 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #90 of 100 (2841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Watched an old Minder episode yesterday (All About Scoring Innit) Terry was on the Stamford Bridge terraces cheering on Chelsea and later in the programme tells someone he is a Fulham fan so in reality would never have been doing the former surely?

PaulC

Jun 28, 2018, 9:25 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #91 of 100 (2830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There's a new film called "Bromley Boys" about Bromley FC starring Alan Davies and Martine McCutcheon.

Based on (very loosely probably) Dave Roberts' book of the same name. It's lying unread on my shelves so that's a stimulus to move it up a bit on my reading list.

revttcoco
Youth Team Regular

Oct 10, 2018, 5:20 PM

Team(s): Long Eaton UTD,Stockport County,Buxton,Northwich Vics,Glossop & The Rams to

Post #92 of 100 (1988 views)
Shortcut

Remember some Coronation Street episode with I think Danny was his name playing for "COUNTY" alias Stockport County not Weatherfield but County in Manchester area really means Stockport.

Led by a star!
An MLS place for Fort Lauderdale Strikers with the Beckham Magic in place?????
Deffo led by a bottle! Wait & see.

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2018, 8:11 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #93 of 100 (1966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [revttcoco] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Remember some Coronation Street episode with I think Danny was his name playing for "COUNTY" alias Stockport County not Weatherfield but County in Manchester area really means Stockport.

It was Warren Baldwin, son of Danny Baldwin who played for Weatherfield County. Not as though I've ever watched it of course......Shocked

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

scottywalds
First Team Star

Oct 10, 2018, 11:16 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #94 of 100 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [revttcoco] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

It is a fictional team, Weatherfield County, playing in a fictional part of Salford, in a fictional soap opera.

bakis
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 11, 2018, 1:14 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers

Post #95 of 100 (1744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But do they fictionally issue? If not we might not be able to pay them an imaginary visit.

kirby knitters

Oct 11, 2018, 1:40 PM

Post #96 of 100 (1732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bakis] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Are Nationwide Conference clubs in Engish non-league required to issue?

jrev61

Oct 12, 2018, 9:12 AM

Post #97 of 100 (1451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Do you mean Vanarama National League North?

jrev61

kirby knitters

Oct 12, 2018, 9:46 AM

Post #98 of 100 (1439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

------
------
Nationwide Conference is the league Wetherfield County claim to be in.Laugh

dottirofhod

Oct 12, 2018, 10:54 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #99 of 100 (1416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Fictional football on film: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rev seems to think it's real.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 92 / 76 / 16. (You know my rules) @ 18 /10 /2018.(Only 6 x 0-0's).
Benelux. Bel = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-2-1 ) Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 2 - 1 ).
Scotland Senior 0-0-0-0-(0-0)-(EastofS -1 NofS 0 - SouthofS -2 -( Junior. (0-0-0)-(0-0-1-0)-(0-0)-(0).
N I = 0-0-5. ROI =0-0-( Leinster-2 , Munster-2, Ulster -0.) Wales =0- (0-0).
Scan Den=1-1, Faroes=8, Fin=0-2, Ice=0-3, Nor=0-9, Swe=0-1. Baltics Est= 0, Lat= 2, Lith=1.

jrev61

Oct 16, 2018, 4:53 PM

Post #100 of 100 (326 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

------
------
Nationwide Conference is the league Wetherfield County claim to be in.Laugh

Hope Nationwide are paying for the mention!

jrev61

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3