RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 5, 2018, 1:18 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #176 of 214 (2138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rachel Bland - BBC Radio 5 live presenter who started 'You, Me and the Big C' blog and podcast after being diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago - has died aged just 40.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 6, 2018, 8:13 PM

Post #177 of 214 (2031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

American actor Burt Reynolds has died aged 82. Best known perhaps for his roles in "Smokey & The Bandit" and "The Cannonball Run", his sole Oscar nomination was for his supporting role in the 1997 film "Boogie Nights" (he was beaten by Robin Williams for his performance in "Good Will Hunting")

Mark Hardy
Reserve Team Star

Sep 6, 2018, 11:48 PM

Team(s): Farnborough

Post #178 of 214 (1973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Liz Fraser - Carry on Films amongst others and due to appear in Misnomer Murders next year. Aged 88.

Peter Benson.- Best known for Bernie Scripps in Heartbeat, was also in Blackadder, A touch of Frost and Casualty amongst others. Aged 75.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 7, 2018, 12:48 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #179 of 214 (1954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark Hardy] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Liz Fraser - Carry on Films amongst others and due to appear in Midsomer Murders next year. Aged 88.

Of all the guest actors to appear in 'The Professionals', Liz Fraser was surely the most gorgeous and funniest of all. Her brilliant flirtatious performance as Marge with Martin Shaw steals the show in the 1979 episode 'Backtrack'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxRqH2jZibY

...and is just as funny as anything she did with the greats like Tony Hancock, Peter Sellers, Sid James, Kenneth Williams and others.

"Oooh, I could 'elp you, lover!"

Liz Fraser - a comedy great.

(This post was edited by oxpete on Sep 7, 2018, 12:51 AM)

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2018, 11:21 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #180 of 214 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
American actor Burt Reynolds has died aged 82. Best known perhaps for his roles in "Smokey & The Bandit" and "The Cannonball Run", his sole Oscar nomination was for his supporting role in the 1997 film "Boogie Nights" (he was beaten by Robin Williams for his performance in "Good Will Hunting")

Was playing Lewis Medlock in Deliverance his best effort?

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 7, 2018, 4:18 PM

Post #181 of 214 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Probably, but that misses the main point, which is that Deliverance was arguably the only good film he has ever appeared in. One critic wrote of it that "McKinney and Coward are two of the most terrifying villains ever in film history" which, considering that practically every film has a villain, is quite a comment.

And who can forget Medlock's comment early in the film "I've never been insured. I don't need insurance!"

(Edit; just remembered a curious coincidence which is that when I was at school, two other pupils - both in the same year, although a year below mine - had the surnames McKinney and Coward.)

(This post was edited by greenwood on Sep 7, 2018, 4:23 PM)

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2018, 4:42 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #182 of 214 (1813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Probably, but that misses the main point, which is that Deliverance was arguably the only good film he has ever appeared in. One critic wrote of it that "McKinney and Coward are two of the most terrifying villains ever in film history" which, considering that practically every film has a villain, is quite a comment.

And who can forget Medlock's comment early in the film "I've never been insured. I don't need insurance!"

(Edit; just remembered a curious coincidence which is that when I was at school, two other pupils - both in the same year, although a year below mine - had the surnames McKinney and Coward.)

I didn't miss the point, main or otherwise. I am fully aware Deliverance was the only decent anything in which Reynolds featured - but didn't say so because the guy's just died. By the way, I think you'll find Medlock said he "didn't believe in" insurance, not that he didn't need it.

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Sep 7, 2018, 4:42 PM)

jon b
First Team Star

Sep 7, 2018, 4:45 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #183 of 214 (1808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Apparently the only star to have been the USís top box office attraction for five consecutive years.

And turned down the role of James Bond (at the time of Sean Connery's departure from the role) and John McClane (Die Hard).

https://www.theguardian.com/...rt-reynolds-obituary

He certainly lived life to the full and was still in demand for film work to the end.

Richard Rundle

Sep 7, 2018, 7:33 PM

Post #184 of 214 (1750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

TV wildlife presenter and author Johnny Kingdom has died after a digger accident at home on Exmoor. He was 79.

Richard Rundle

Sep 7, 2018, 10:10 PM

Post #185 of 214 (1716 views)
Shortcut

American rapper Mac Miller (Michael McCormack) has died of an apparent drug overdose at the age of 26. He had a US Billboard number one album with his debut studio album "Blue Side Park. He was, for two years, in a relationship with Ariana Grande, performing with her at the Manchester OneLove concert after the Manchester Arena bombing.

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Sep 8, 2018, 7:45 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #186 of 214 (1634 views)
Shortcut

Peter Benson, who played Bernie Scripps in the popular ITV series Heartbeat died aged 75.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 8, 2018, 7:48 PM

Post #187 of 214 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Thats Odd. Im sure i read about this about 3 days ago but only just been reported. Im sure i didn't imagine it.

Anyway RIP

I need to have the last word as it makes it look as if i'm always right!

steveking
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 8, 2018, 8:12 PM

Team(s): Ware, Everton, Kingstonian, Leicester, Portsmouth

Post #188 of 214 (1618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

See post 178.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 9, 2018, 12:50 PM

Post #189 of 214 (1549 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steveking] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Thanks knew i seen it somewhere.

Ropemaker

Sep 11, 2018, 11:09 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #190 of 214 (1426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fenella Fielding, probably best remembered as Valeria in Carry on Screaming, had died aged 90

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 13, 2018, 9:06 PM

Post #191 of 214 (1269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Fenella Fielding, probably best remembered as Valeria in Carry on Screaming, had died aged 90

Does anyone know if 'Dougal and the Blue Cat' (in which Fenella Fielding had a speaking part) has ever been shown on TV? Despite being made as long ago as 1971 it seems to have vanished without trace. I saw it at the cinema in that year and remember it for being far more creepy and scary than the TV series on which it was based had been.

dottirofhod

Sep 14, 2018, 2:26 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #192 of 214 (1217 views)
Shortcut

Don't know but you can watch it on your TV if you have right equipment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/...al-DVD/dp/B003VWDAOC

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 95 / 78 / 17. (You know my rules) @ 21 /10 /2018.(Only 7 x 0-0's).
Benelux. Bel = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-2-1 ) Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 2 - 1 ).
Scotland Senior 0-0-0-0-(0-0)-(EastofS -1 NofS 0 - SouthofS -2 -( Junior. (0-0-0)-(0-0-1-0)-(0-0)-(0).
N I = 0-0-5. ROI =0-0-( Leinster-2 , Munster-2, Ulster -0.) Wales =0- (0-0).
Scan Den=1-1, Faroes=8, Fin=0-2, Ice=0-3, Nor=0-9, Swe=0-1. Baltics Est= 0, Lat= 2, Lith=1.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 14, 2018, 9:13 AM

Post #193 of 214 (1180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Don't know but you can watch it on your TV if you have right equipment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/...al-DVD/dp/B003VWDAOC

Thanks for your advice sir but it is probably true to say that just about any film ever made is available on DVD.
The interesting question is why none of the Freeview channels (and maybe the ones that have to be paid for, such as Sky) want to show a film that was based on a very popular children's TV series.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 15, 2018, 1:27 AM

Post #194 of 214 (1103 views)
Shortcut

Enzo Calzaghe, father and trainer of Welsh boxing legend Joe Calzaghe, has died aged 69.

dottirofhod

Sep 15, 2018, 10:48 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #195 of 214 (1043 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Enzo Calzaghe, father and trainer of Welsh boxing legend Joe Calzaghe, has died aged 69.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Not yet, keep fighting Enzo.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/...orly-family-15155213

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 95 / 78 / 17. (You know my rules) @ 21 /10 /2018.(Only 7 x 0-0's).
Benelux. Bel = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-2-1 ) Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 2 - 1 ).
Scotland Senior 0-0-0-0-(0-0)-(EastofS -1 NofS 0 - SouthofS -2 -( Junior. (0-0-0)-(0-0-1-0)-(0-0)-(0).
N I = 0-0-5. ROI =0-0-( Leinster-2 , Munster-2, Ulster -0.) Wales =0- (0-0).
Scan Den=1-1, Faroes=8, Fin=0-2, Ice=0-3, Nor=0-9, Swe=0-1. Baltics Est= 0, Lat= 2, Lith=1.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 16, 2018, 9:32 AM

Post #196 of 214 (952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Actor Dudley Sutton has died aged 85.

Probably best known as Tinker Dill in Lovejoy, thought his best role was when he played Trusty turned hostage taker Reg Urwin in the Xmas Porridge Episode . Absolutely brilliant!!

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 17, 2018, 9:33 PM

Post #197 of 214 (781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
------------------------------------------------------------------

Not yet, keep fighting Enzo.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/...orly-family-15155213

Enzo Calzaghe's family have confirmed that he has now passed away. Currently the top story of you scroll down the link above.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 19, 2018, 7:15 AM

Post #198 of 214 (623 views)
Shortcut

Dennis Norden has died aged 96.

jon b
First Team Star

Sep 19, 2018, 10:29 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #199 of 214 (517 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Dennis Norden has died aged 96.

Not just someone who could read out from a teleprompter/autocue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/...inment-arts-25738224

I didn't know until I read the obituary that it was him and writing partner Frank Muir who came up with the phrases "Trouble at t'mill" and "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells".

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 22, 2018, 7:10 PM

Post #200 of 214 (337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chas Hodges of Chas & Dave fame and famous Tottenham Hotspur fan, having recorded their FA Cup final songs in the 1980's, has died aged 74.

(This post was edited by cherryhopper on Sep 22, 2018, 7:15 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3