Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: Programme Editing & Collecting:
Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

kg
Junior Team Sub

Aug 14, 2018, 2:30 PM

Post #51 of 74 (3524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's expensive when fewer and fewer people actually buy the programmes!
I'm only prepared to spend my time on a programme if it can be a decent issue - which, in my unbiased opinion, it is this season. The first edition was pretty much sold out, so we'll see how it goes....

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

Aug 14, 2018, 2:31 PM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #52 of 74 (3524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
If nothing else, they're evidence that you were actually at the game. Whereas any Tom, Dick or Harry can download one of those digital efforts and claim "I was there".

Said Tom, Dick or Harry could just as easily pick up a copy of the programme from Ebay, a dealer or a club programme ship if they were that desparate to say they were there.

As one banned "former" poster once advised, a major reason to always purchase a hard copy programme is in case there is a murder near where you normally live. Without a programme you have no actual proof that you were elsewhere at the time. I can imagine all these serial murderers will now be downloading their Ecopies from Arlesey Town to get an alibi, whilst, at the same time,murdering thir neighbours in Finchley. Fortunately there were no murders today where I live as, although I had a hard copy I was watching my local team play, so, with my criminal record, I could have been a suspect. #lucky

Sounds like you were indeed lucky. Still. look on the bright side - with your criminal record you're never likely to get invited to any weddings thus freeing up more Saturdays to collect programmes/commit another crime as you see fit.
Is is safe to store your programmes in a fridge by the way?

A young female cousin of mine "ahem", Mistress Domina, lets me use her basement dungeon for storage. Quite safe as she lives near the river. I used to use my fridge but had to get rid of so many programmes which had gone beyond their best before date..Mad

(This post was edited by Main Drain Man on Aug 14, 2018, 2:36 PM)

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Aug 15, 2018, 8:41 AM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #53 of 74 (3326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Main Drain Man] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Virginia Water issued an all colour 20 page programme for their game v Brackley Town Saints last night but sadly didn't issue hot food Wink

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 16, 2018, 3:27 PM

Post #54 of 74 (3020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The officer concerned got quite aggressive when I couldn't provide a programme to prove I had been at a game or a ticket with any detail. She was convinced I was a wrong un and wanted to strip my car completely.

Perhaps the officer was Greenwood ? I don't think Greenwood has ever stated whether they are male or female.

bd
Junior Team Star

Aug 17, 2018, 1:18 PM

Team(s): Swindon Supermarine and Reading

Post #55 of 74 (2799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A conversation at Southern League Div One West team Highworth on Wednesday night suggests that they are going digital only this season due to not being able to use their old printer and not able to find a new one. Which I find odd, given that we have one and are only 2 miles away and are continuing with programmes this season.

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 17, 2018, 1:30 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #56 of 74 (2794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bd] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bridgwater Town are now digital only, although I believe they will produce paper for the hop game in October. Downloads are in Information > Documents on their website.

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 17, 2018, 2:59 PM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #57 of 74 (2764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

St Neots Town are digital again this season. As are Carshalton.

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 26, 2018, 8:41 PM

Post #58 of 74 (2282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

City of Liverpool have gone digital

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 27, 2018, 8:11 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #59 of 74 (2214 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
City of Liverpool have gone digital

I looked at their most recent online programme and on the cover page it showed a price of 2. The digital version was free so does this mean they're still producing paper copies and selling them at matches?

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 27, 2018, 9:31 AM

Post #60 of 74 (2185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Read it on anothee foeum about COL. There was only the online version at their FA Cup game this weekend.

Lewes have also supposed to hace gone digital but I can't find anything about it on their website.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Aug 27, 2018, 11:44 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #61 of 74 (2147 views)
Shortcut

I thought it a rule in the F.A. competitions that each home club had to produce a programme and send a copy when they forwarded their detailed report, or has that rule now been altered?
We still have to send one from each league match in the MFL.

(This post was edited by GRIFFON on Aug 27, 2018, 11:45 AM)

kirby knitters

Aug 27, 2018, 12:08 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #62 of 74 (2135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
I thought it a rule in the F.A. competitions that each home club had to produce a programme and send a copy when they forwarded their detailed report, or has that rule now been altered?
We still have to send one from each league match in the MFL.
-----
-----
Either the rule has been altered or being ignored mate. Nothing done recently for an FAC tie Anstey or the game I attended on Saturday at Carshalton.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Aug 27, 2018, 12:52 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #63 of 74 (2116 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Read it on anothee foeum about COL. There was only the online version at their FA Cup game this weekend.

Lewes have also supposed to hace gone digital but I can't find anything about it on their website.

Here you go
https://www.lewesfc.com/...break-with-tradition

(This post was edited by Barnsley Dave on Aug 27, 2018, 12:52 PM)

jrev61

Aug 27, 2018, 9:42 PM

Team(s): None

Post #64 of 74 (2021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to a poster on Facebook Horley have gone 'online'. Except no-one could find anything on the website or Twitter.

jrev61

greenwood
Youth Team Star

Aug 30, 2018, 1:26 AM

Post #65 of 74 (1721 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Some possible good news. Judging by a recent WDYG post, Basingstoke Town (who I think were digital-only last season) issued a 1 programme for a game at the Camrose.

I may be wrong, but hopefully digital-only programmes will turn out to be a short-lived fad once it is realised that people have the right to read a paper programme if they have paid 10 or more for entry to the ground,

ThornburyTom
Junior Team Sub

Aug 30, 2018, 1:21 PM

Team(s): Thornbury Town, Bristol City

Post #66 of 74 (1590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At Thornbury Town we're carrying on producing paper version included in the 5 entry fee. We get a lot on advertising revenue from it which allows it to make a profit after printing costs etc.

We will be uploading all of this seasons programmes online as well to bump up readership which might allow us to charge more for adverts.

Beano
Reserve Team Star

Aug 31, 2018, 12:18 AM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex)

Post #67 of 74 (1423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The FA are now happy to accept either digital or printed programmes from matches in their competitions, according to an email sent to the Secretary at Prescot Cables that was forwarded it to me.

The wording of the current standardised rules for Leagues at Steps 1-6 says that a programme "acceptable to the Board" must be produced for each match and that a teamsheet alone is not sufficient. Therefore, it is up to each League to determine what is "acceptable".

We know that at Steps 1-4, the National, Isthmian and Southern Leagues are all quite happy to permit digital programmes. As far as I can tell from the (complete lack of) correspondence from the Northern Premier League, all of its clubs are still obliged to issue on paper.

However, that doesn't preclude clubs from issuing in both formats. I edit the Prescot Cables programme and the layouts I use are for print first. However, the print edition regularly sells out, so a reduced quality PDF is made available at:

https://prescotcablesafc.com/programmes/

I think that, for many clubs, especially at Step 4 and lower, the move to digital makes perfect sense, not least because printing ain't cheap. If sales fell off a cliff at Cables, then we would go digital-only, but it would have to be in a different format to how it is now.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Aug 31, 2018, 8:21 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #68 of 74 (1355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Beano] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sounds pretty clear to me that the F.A. want a paper programme sending to them.

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Sep 14, 2018, 8:13 PM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #69 of 74 (866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aylesbury FC were online only for their recent FA Cup replay v Didcot. Assume that is a regular practice.
Nice badge from behind the bar though.

2018-19 - 24 games (Pershore/Shifnal 18/9) 74 goals, average gpg 3.08. 9 new grounds.
2017-18 - 122 games (N Cyprus/Karp), 392 goals, av gpg 3.21, 48 new grounds.
New Grounds in 2018 - 33. 2017 -44. Last new - Pershore Town, 18/9. Grounds in Total - 1181.
RL Grounds - 33 (Last - Macron Stadium, Challenge Cup SFs (5/8/18), Speedway Tracks 50.

Beano
Reserve Team Star

Sep 18, 2018, 12:26 AM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex)

Post #70 of 74 (497 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sounds pretty clear to me that the F.A. want a paper programme sending to them.

The FA are quite happy to receive PDFs of digital programmes for matches played in their competitions and have told clubs so.

The Northern Premier League insists on paper and I have to send my two most recent issues to them, which is fine. Paper-chasers should note that the NPL is the only competition at Steps 1-4 inclusive where a printed programme remains compulsory. Technically, it's the only League within Levels 2-8 (inclusive) of English football where the home club is obliged to produce a printed programme.

jrev61

Sep 18, 2018, 9:05 AM

Team(s): None

Post #71 of 74 (429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Beano] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is a paper teamsheet acceptable for an FA Competition match? This is all Anstey Nomads and Rugby Borough issued for their recent matches in FA Competitions.

jrev61

Tim

Sep 18, 2018, 9:42 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #72 of 74 (400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Alvechurch appear to be digital only now.

kirby knitters

Sep 18, 2018, 10:05 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #73 of 74 (383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Alvechurch appear to be digital only now.
-----
-----
Alvechurch will do a paper programme if ordered beforehand and charge 3 per copy but will only do a limited number per game.

paulh66

Sep 18, 2018, 1:21 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #74 of 74 (309 views)
Shortcut

Article on the Isthmian website about e-programmes confirms Lewes are digital only. A few clubs are covered in this article but only Lewes and Carshalton are mentioned as being paperless only (though I expect there are more): http://www.isthmian.co.uk/...ogramme-150918-52929

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3