Dating Apps such as Tinder?

ReeceD1993
Junior Team Star

Sep 9, 2018, 9:08 PM

Post #1 of 17 (1149 views)
Shortcut
Dating Apps such as Tinder? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi Guys Gals.

Just wondering how many of you are currently using Dating Apps? And If you have found your partner on one of them?

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2018, 11:11 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #2 of 17 (1105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ReeceD1993] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No but I follow a Youtuber that does couchsurfing travel challenges and he also uses an app called Bumble as well as Tinder

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 9, 2018, 11:19 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #3 of 17 (1093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
No but I follow a Youtuber that does couchsurfing travel challenges and he also uses an app called Bumble as well as Tinder

That may as well be written in Chinese for all it means to me! Starting to feel like Scouseveryoldboy now. Blush

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 9, 2018, 11:51 PM

Post #4 of 17 (1076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

That may as well be written in Chinese for all it means to me!

Same here !

I certainly didn't use a dating app to find my partner as no such things existed. Much more fun going out and actually talking to people anyway, even if they had done.

ReeceD1993
Junior Team Star

Sep 10, 2018, 1:22 PM

Post #5 of 17 (963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yeah like at NightClubs mate.

genesimmons
Youth Team Regular

Sep 10, 2018, 1:36 PM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #6 of 17 (961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

That may as well be written in Chinese for all it means to me!

Same here !

I certainly didn't use a dating app to find my partner as no such things existed. Much more fun going out and actually talking to people anyway, even if they had done.

if only we could go back to them days instead of folk taking the pee on the dating apps and sites.

You wanted the best, you got the best

genesimmons
Youth Team Regular

Sep 10, 2018, 1:38 PM

Post #7 of 17 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I used theses dating apps/sites a few year back and would not bother now if i wanted to meet someone. Frankly you are on a hiding to nowt particularly the free ones. Some very pickey and rude people hiding behind cyber space and alot of folk seem to use to as a form of social media and just seem to want to exchange messages and nothing else. I sure don't miss them!

Armchair Libero
Junior Team Star

Sep 10, 2018, 7:44 PM

Team(s): Wigan Athletic, Atherton Collieries

Post #8 of 17 (881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ReeceD1993] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I met my ex- of 2 years, who was lovely but it didn't work out and ended amicably, and my current partner on Tinder. I understand the cynicism but they've been very kind to me.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 11, 2018, 12:34 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #9 of 17 (775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Some very pickey and rude people hiding behind cyber space and a lot of folk seem to use to as a form of social media and just seem to want to exchange messages and nothing else.

==============================================

Sorry are you talking about this Forum ?

From July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 = 60 / 55 / 5. (You know my rules) @ 17 /09 /2018.
Benelux. Bel = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 5-0-2-1 ) UPDATED. Ta Reg. Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 4 - 2 ).
Scotland. Senior. 0-0-0-0-(0-0)-(1 IHS - 2 BT & LT)-(NofS 0).
Junior.(0-0-0)- (0-0-1-0)-(0-0)-(0).
Some of my neighbours are prostitutes.

genesimmons
Youth Team Regular

Sep 11, 2018, 1:14 PM

Post #10 of 17 (747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Some very pickey and rude people hiding behind cyber space and a lot of folk seem to use to as a form of social media and just seem to want to exchange messages and nothing else.

Sorry are you talking about this Forum ?

ha ha nah i meant internet dateing

Fanatic
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2018, 11:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 17 (682 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I used theses dating apps/sites a few year back and would not bother now if i wanted to meet someone. Frankly you are on a hiding to nowt particularly the free ones. Some very pickey and rude people hiding behind cyber space and alot of folk seem to use to as a form of social media and just seem to want to exchange messages and nothing else. I sure don't miss them!

I've had the opposite experience. All the women I met from the site I used (one of the largest free ones) were lovely and I've had two long-term relationships off the back of it (including the one I'm in now). I understand that it's a bit different for women as they get loads of random messages from morons, but it's apparently reasonably easy to identify the good guys.

genesimmons
Youth Team Regular

Sep 12, 2018, 1:24 PM

Post #12 of 17 (620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I've had the opposite experience. All the women I met from the site I used (one of the largest free ones) were lovely and I've had two long-term relationships off the back of it (including the one I'm in now). I understand that it's a bit different for women as they get loads of random messages from morons, but it's apparently reasonably easy to identify the good guys.

horses for courses and that. It seems to be easier for older folk as they use the sites more due to going out less. It was simple a weird experience i dont whish to repeat anytime soon. You would be messaging someone for a bit and ask them out for a drink or whatever then suddenly no more messages. Then there were folk who did not seem to want anyone, if that was the case why bother using them, plenty of social media outlets for makeing friends.

greenwood
Youth Team Star

Sep 14, 2018, 9:17 AM

Post #13 of 17 (508 views)
Shortcut

Then there were folk who did not seem to want anyone

They will if you tell them you're a company director or hedge fund manager earning least 100K a year.

genesimmons
Youth Team Regular

Sep 14, 2018, 1:43 PM

Post #14 of 17 (459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Then there were folk who did not seem to want anyone

They will if you tell them you're a company director or hedge fund manager earning least 100K a year.

so true and its for those reasons why i canned it a few year ago. So many shallow folk on there.

Feversham Lens
First Team Star

Sep 17, 2018, 8:55 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #15 of 17 (317 views)
Shortcut

Have to say I was always sceptical about online dating but, after three long-term relationships - of two, eight and nine years - that didn't go the distance, then finding myself struggling to meet women (I was working a lot of weekends and evenings, in a 98 per cent male environment, and living in a town I disliked so much I really only slept there), I decided to try Match.com. The catalyst was a colleague pretty much in the same boat. Through Match, he'd met someone he married inside six months, and he urged me to have a go. I signed up for six months - 85, IIRC - and met Ms Ideal in less than a fortnight. At the time, I lived 51 miles away but I seemed so promising (apparently!) she was happy to go the extra mile beyond her 50 limit. Worked out very well: two weeks of emailing and talking on the phone led to a very hot date after which the only occasions I went home was to pick up my stuff and sell my house. Last week marked our fifth wedding anniversary, next marks a decade together. We would never have met in 'ordinary' circumstances (the old pub/club/mutual friends/colleagues etc nightmare). Yay, Match!

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Sep 17, 2018, 9:15 AM)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 18, 2018, 7:18 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #16 of 17 (160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Dating Apps such as Tinder? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A mate of mine met someone on PlentyofFish and said she didn't even take her coat off. Winner.
Mind you, she was from Walsall.

John403
Youth Team Regular

Sep 18, 2018, 8:35 PM

Team(s): Fulham, Tooting & Mitcham, AFC Croydon Athletic

Post #17 of 17 (138 views)
Shortcut

In my office at work id say probably half have met there partners online. And one good mate of mine is a serial online dater. I was a little embarrassed years ago when I joined the sites but I think all the stereotypes people may have thought of years ago are now a thing of the past.

I was on various sites for about 5 years (not tinder though) and enjoyed it, it was certainly never boring and you end up with some great stories to tell your mates !

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3