Coupe de France 2018-19

Gricehead
Youth Team Sub

Jun 14, 2018, 9:22 AM

Team(s): Rotherham United, North Leigh, Dinnington Town, Handsworth Parramore

Post #1 of 9 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Coupe de France 2018-19 Can't Post or Reply Privately

As discussed in the 2017-18 thread, qualification for the 2018-19 Coupe de France is already well underway. Three regions of mainland France have started (or will very soon start) their qualification rounds.

In Paris-Île-de-France the first two rounds are pretty much completed, although there will no doubt be an extra tour de cadrage round in August to fudge the numbers required for the third round.
A nett 378 teams were scheduled to participate in the first round, and the winners were joined by 83 new entrants up to and including the top regional league (formerly Division d'Honneur, now pretty universally Régionale 1).

In Grant Est region, a nett 730 teams are scheduled to participate in the first round. Lorraine sector is pretty much complete, but there are still plenty of games this week and next in Alsace and Champagne-Ardenne sectors. The figures for each sector: Alsace 330, Champagne-Ardenne 84, Lorraine 316.

In Hauts-de-France region, there are 100 teams kicking off round one in the fairly accessible Somme district, with most of the fixtures this Sunday if anyone fancies a quick trip over. The other districts in this region will hold round one games in August, with registrations now closed.

Overseas, the qualifying campaigns are well underway in Réunion (38 entries, 12 in round two, 26 exempt to round three, round one omitted for sequencing) and Mayotte (30 in round one, 17 exempt to round two).

Closing date for registration in the remaining mainland regions is tomorrow, 15th June.

All the results available at https://en.wikipedia.org/...e_Preliminary_Rounds and for those who like to keep track of entrant numbers, there's a temporary table at https://en.wikipedia.org/...r:Gricehead/sandbox2 which will eventually go in the main competition article.

Gricehead
Youth Team Sub

Sep 11, 2018, 1:06 PM

Post #2 of 9 (589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Coupe de France 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A new one to me this year, although the experts in this forum may know different:

AS St Pierraise of the overseas collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon have been entered into the Coupe de France at the regionalised third round stage.

They have been placed in the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region draw, and will play at ALC Longvic on Saturday afternoon (15th) at 14:00 CEST

I'm not aware of any Saint Pierre and Miquelon teams being entered into the competition before. There only appear to be three teams according to wikipedia and RSSSF

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 11, 2018, 3:36 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #3 of 9 (569 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Coupe de France 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A new one to me this year, although the experts in this forum may know different:

AS St Pierraise of the overseas collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon have been entered into the Coupe de France at the regionalised third round stage.

They have been placed in the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region draw, and will play at ALC Longvic on Saturday afternoon (15th) at 14:00 CEST

I'm not aware of any Saint Pierre and Miquelon teams being entered into the competition before. There only appear to be three teams according to wikipedia and RSSSF

Good spot!!!! I was admiring your Wiki page only yesterday.

PaulC

Sep 13, 2018, 10:57 AM

Post #4 of 9 (446 views)
Shortcut

It's a first.

See https://www.fff.fr/...t-pierre-et-miquelon

For your records all three St Pierre & Miquelon teams participated this season in the Coupe de France.

ASSP beating l’AS Miquelonnaise 1-0 then AS Îlienne Amateurs 0-0 (5-2 pens).

(This post was edited by PaulC on Sep 13, 2018, 11:02 AM)

Gricehead
Youth Team Sub

Sep 13, 2018, 12:03 PM

Post #5 of 9 (436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Coupe de France 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It's a first.

See https://www.fff.fr/...t-pierre-et-miquelon

For your records all three St Pierre & Miquelon teams participated this season in the Coupe de France.

ASSP beating l’AS Miquelonnaise 1-0 then AS Îlienne Amateurs 0-0 (5-2 pens).

Thanks! I've now found the dates for those two matches so will include them in the full list later today.

PaulC

Sep 13, 2018, 7:44 PM

Post #6 of 9 (395 views)
Shortcut

I see that in 1975 Ayr United visited the archipelago as part of their Canadian tour. They played a combined ASSP/ASIA team, winning 14-0.

In 1978 Queen’s Park visited, playing a team chosen from all 3 clubs and winning 4-0. A couple of days after this match two Queen’s players were killed in a 5.30 am road accident in Newfounland.

PaulC

Sep 16, 2018, 2:16 PM

Post #7 of 9 (235 views)
Shortcut

ASSP made a decent fist of it, losing 2-1 at Longvic. There were 2-0 down inside 12 minutes.

The match was shown live by France Info. Full match here:

https://www.facebook.com/...deos/551077075312490

I should think St Pierre & Miquelon will be host next season if a club enters.

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 16, 2018, 6:51 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #8 of 9 (204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Coupe de France 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That would be interesting.Does the collectivity have a league - or play against Canadian clubs?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

PaulC

Sep 16, 2018, 10:14 PM

Post #9 of 9 (179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Coupe de France 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
That would be interesting.Does the collectivity have a league - or play against Canadian clubs?

There is a three-team league. So far as I can see teams play each other 8 times in the season which is split into 4 parts Each time the teams complete a home/away set of fixtures a cup is awarded.

Teams used to also play in Newfoundland cup competitions but I see no evidence that they still do.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3