Rico
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 19, 2018, 5:46 PM

Team(s): Oxford Utd

Post #1 of 7 (7438 views)
Shortcut
Ajax Help Please Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi

Ive searched through the posts on here via the search option but havent been able to work out a clear answer.

Im looking to go to the Ajax game v ADO Den Haag on 2nd December as i am in amsterdam for the Mrs birthday and shes given me the nod to go to the game.

It seems i need a fan card to be able to get tickets, is this essential?

If so can you get these from outside of Holland?

Anything that may help me with this would be great.

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 19, 2018, 7:39 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #2 of 7 (7313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rico] Ajax Help Please [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I want to do a pun about cleaning ovens.

But I won't

Have you emailed Ajax?

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 19, 2018, 7:52 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #3 of 7 (7292 views)
Shortcut

I did Ajax a few years ago and the policy then was if you lived outside The Netherlands the only tickets available were hospitality. I don't think the policy has changed although a check on the Ajax website will help.
There is a substantial part of the website, including ticket arrangements that is in an English section.

The deal we had was access to a bar an hour before kick off, at half time and for an hour after the final whistle, plus a few nibbles too. Also thrown in was an Ajax scarf. The price for this was about another 40 euros over and above the cost of the match ticket, and the seats we had were near the corner flag.
We had a great time, it is a trio I would recommend, although ve aware Den Haag have a following that still belong in the 80s and the 2 Citys are not far apart so prepare for heavy police presence .
As I say, Ajax website is your best bet.

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 19, 2018, 7:55 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 7 (7288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Ajax Help Please [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'll move this to the International Hopping section for you. The guys there will know and may not check here as often

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 19, 2018, 8:00 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #5 of 7 (7274 views)
Shortcut

I went in early 2015 and treated myself to one of the matchday packages the club puts together for tourists. See visitajax.com. I say package... it consisted of a match ticket and an official Ajax souvenir (a club scarf), plus I blagged a free programme when I collected my envelope "at the VISIT AJAX desk, main entrance E from 2 hours before the match." No fan card was included or needed with one of these deals but I don't know what the score is if you wanted to see a game there independently.

My seat was in the upper tier in one of the corners. Everyone I encountered in that section, which was far from full, seemed to be tourists. Mind you, the ground was far from full, even though it was a fairly big game v AZ.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Aug 19, 2018, 9:57 PM)

Bradshaw
Youth Team Regular

Sep 9, 2018, 8:13 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC., Black Country non-league; The F.A.Vase

Post #6 of 7 (6599 views)
Shortcut

I went the first season at the new Arena with three friends. We had no trouble getting black market tickets for around twice face value (Still much cheaper than an English Premiership match at the time) I recall my ticket failed to operate the automatic turnstile and I feared I had been sold a forgery. However, the operator just shrugged and let me through. Mind you this was around 20 years ago so things may well have changed. Best of luck,it's a superb stadium, at the time quite possibly the best I had ever visited.

Sussexhopper
First Team Star

Sep 24, 2018, 5:37 PM

Team(s): Worthing Brighton Burnley

Post #7 of 7 (6114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bradshaw] Ajax Help Please [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Iím heading to Ajax next Sunday and didnít need any card/membership just simply registered on the Ajax website and purcashed a ticket behind the goal and printed it off at home.
Any problems drop me a PM and I might be able to help.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3