Home: All Other Football Interests: Women's Football:
FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Aug 30, 2018, 9:20 PM

Post #1 of 10 (20961 views)
Shortcut
FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021 Can't Post or Reply Privately

The FA is submitting a bid to stage the 2021 Women's European Championships.

Bid based on the following locations:

Brighton & Hove - AMEX Stadium
London - Wembley Stadium, connected by EE, and Brentford Community Stadium
Milton Keynes - Stadium MK
Manchester - Manchester City Academy Stadium
Nottingham - Meadow Lane
Peterborough - ABAX Stadium
Rotherham - AESSEAL New York Stadium
Sheffield - Bramall Lane

The deadline for bids is 31 August 2018, with a final decision on the successful host nation to be taken by the UEFA Executive Committee on 3 December 2018.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 30, 2018, 11:46 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #2 of 10 (20937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I read this article and I'm surprised at the selection of some of the grounds. I would switch out Peterborough for Norwich or Ipswich, Notts County for Coventry, Manchester city Academy for Bolton and Sheffield United for either one from the North East.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 31, 2018, 7:34 AM

Post #3 of 10 (20913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Or perhaps include one from the South West? We seem to be the forgotten zone at the moment.

jrev61

Aug 31, 2018, 9:03 AM

Team(s): None

Post #4 of 10 (20895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I read this article and I'm surprised at the selection of some of the grounds. I would switch out Peterborough for Norwich or Ipswich, Notts County for Coventry, Manchester city Academy for Bolton and Sheffield United for either one from the North East.

Apart from the England games attendances would not be that great, so Peterborough would be quite adequate. Coventry is a Rugby Ground so some of the money generated would be lost to the game. Manchester City academy has a smaller capacity than the stadia selected.
I assume this means Peterborough are no longer planning to move, or is it their projected new ground that would be used?

jrev61

scottywalds
First Team Star

Aug 31, 2018, 7:23 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #5 of 10 (20827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Peterborough are very unlikely to move before 2021, they are looking to redevelop their remaining terrace end (similar to the other end).

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 3, 2018, 4:03 PM

Post #6 of 10 (20745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It is 99% certain that England will host Women's Euro 2021. The English FA was the only bid UEFA received. UEFA will still go through the usual process in evaluating the bid and if everything meets UEFA requirements then England's bid will be confirmed in December with no vote taking place. The infrastructure is in place in England so there should be no problem with meeting the requirements set down by UEFA, and if minor issues should be quickly resolved.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

cope1

Sep 6, 2018, 6:50 PM

Post #7 of 10 (20651 views)
Shortcut

My bet is that England miss out by one vote, having spent millions bribing the wrong people. Tongue

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 3, 2018, 2:09 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #8 of 10 (16598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No voting required, as only one bid - so it will be in England

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 3, 2018, 4:00 PM

Post #9 of 10 (16561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] FA bid to stage Women's Euro 2021 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The final is penciled in for Wembley

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2018, 7:20 PM

Post #10 of 10 (16495 views)
Shortcut

Venues as listed in the early post with the exception of the City Ground replacing Meadow Lane.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3