Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: Programme Editing & Collecting:
Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 30, 2018, 11:08 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #1 of 83 (14474 views)
Shortcut
Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Needham Market are the first I've seen to announce they're going digital this season: "THIS SEASON THE CLUB HAS DECIDED NOT TO HAVE MATCHDAY PROGRAMMES PRINTED DUE TO THE COST OF PRINTING AND THE AMOUNT WE HAVE LEFT UNSOLD EACH MATCH GOING TO WASTE. SO INSTEAD WE WILL HAVE A DIGITAL VERSION FOR BOTH 1ST TEAM & RESERVE TEAM MATCHES UPLOADED TO THE CLUBS WEBSITE 24 HOURS PRIOR TO MATCHES." (Copied from their website).

agamemnon3
Junior Team Star

Aug 2, 2018, 7:34 AM

Post #2 of 83 (14053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Biggleswade United have let it be known that no matchday programme will be printed for their opening game of the SSM league season against Cockfosters on Saturday.

'Something' will be available online on Saturday morning.

DaveH
Youth Team Sub

Aug 2, 2018, 1:22 PM

Team(s): St Ives Town FC

Post #3 of 83 (13943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agamemnon3] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As I've mentioned on other threads, St Ives Town will be going digital this season. HOWEVER to keep the paper chasers happy I will be trialling a 4 page mini prog as well which will contain all the vital statistics for a nominal price of 30p (cover my printing & paper costs). If it goes down well I will do it for the season, otherwise after half dozen games or so it will be discontinued.

The Programme is dead. Long live on-line!!

Old Glove
Youth Team Sub

Aug 3, 2018, 3:43 PM

Team(s): Hengrove Athletic

Post #4 of 83 (13646 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaveH] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chipping Sodbury of the Toolstation Western League are doing online programmes this season.

agamemnon3
Junior Team Star

Aug 4, 2018, 11:28 PM

Post #5 of 83 (13426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Old Glove] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For connoisseurs of such things, the 'something' on offer on Biggleswade United's website today consisted of half a page of bland waffle about the opposition, and how they did last season, and an equally bland half a page 'match preview', telling how both teams would like to get off to a winning start.

And that was it --- no teams, no player information, nothing. Not so much an 'online programme', but more of an 'online scribble on the back of a fag packet'.

So well done Biggleswade, a sterling effort. Must have taken you all of what ? About three minutes ?

andyh
Youth Team Regular

Aug 5, 2018, 11:02 AM

Team(s): St.Albans City, Watford, Clitheroe, Lancashire CCC

Post #6 of 83 (13340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agamemnon3] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Found this link which was from one of their Twitter posts. Couldn't find anything on their website mentioning online programmes !!

https://issuu.com/...cockfosters_04082018

agamemnon3
Junior Team Star

Aug 5, 2018, 11:57 AM

Post #7 of 83 (13322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andyh] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well done, and thanks for the link --- in this case I stand corrected.

However the CFC twitter of Aug 2nd says no printed programme would be available from BU 'so go to their website and download it', as that is what CFC officials were told by BU earlier in the week. If club officials can't get their stories straight, then what hope is there for simple punters ?

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 8, 2018, 11:51 AM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #8 of 83 (12891 views)
Shortcut

Barnet appear to have gone digital only with teamsheets on sale at the club shop.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Aug 8, 2018, 12:19 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #9 of 83 (12875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They have indeed with much discussion here
http://www.onlybarnet.com/...t=13625&start=45

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 8, 2018, 4:00 PM

Post #10 of 83 (12806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Did Barnet consult their fans before deciding to go digital-only? I doubt it, given that they didn't consult their fans over their move away from the borough, which has seen crowds fall and presumably a decline in programme sales. Typical of Kleanthous I should think. I thought programme issuing was still compulsory in the National League, unless the rule (if there is one) allows for on-line programmes.

nervous rec
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 8, 2018, 5:02 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #11 of 83 (12768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barwell have tweeted they will be doing online programmes only this season

Football seen in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Italy Czech Republic, Ukraine, Gibraltar, Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, U.S.A., Canada, Portugal, and Slovakia.

Divisions completed: Combined Counties Division 1, Hellenic League Division 1 East, Welsh Premier League, Welsh League Division 1, Welsh Alliance Premier Division, Airtricity Irish Premier, Gibraltar Divisions 1 & 2

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 9, 2018, 10:22 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #12 of 83 (12583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As it is no longer a South West Peninsula League requirement, Bodmin Town have announced they will only be issuing for FA Cup & FA Vase games.

Edit: SWP's Twitter feed states..... "Programmes are still compulsory in the Premier Division. At least a foldover sheet with teams and sponsors advert.
East & West a printed teamsheet is the minimum."

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

(This post was edited by Andy D on Aug 9, 2018, 12:36 PM)

Rebel Yeller
Youth Team Star

Aug 10, 2018, 1:21 PM

Team(s): Hopper

Post #13 of 83 (12272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Isthmian League side Egham Town have tweeted that they have gone digital too.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 10, 2018, 1:44 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #14 of 83 (12255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Swimming against an apparent tide, Northwood have announced that after a 12 month experiment with digital only issues, they have gone back into print for the 2018/19 season.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

stingray
First Team Star

Aug 10, 2018, 2:16 PM

Team(s): Step 4/5 local sides

Post #15 of 83 (12228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Might that be more to do with the switch to the Isthmian League, rather than any preference on their part?

59 goals in 16 games
£157.50 spent.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Aug 10, 2018, 3:17 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #16 of 83 (12185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stingray] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Beaconsfield Town are also online only

DaveH
Youth Team Sub

Aug 10, 2018, 8:49 PM

Post #17 of 83 (12080 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DaveH] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
As I've mentioned on other threads, St Ives Town will be going digital this season. HOWEVER to keep the paper chasers happy I will be trialling a 4 page mini prog as well which will contain all the vital statistics for a nominal price of 30p (cover my printing & paper costs). If it goes down well I will do it for the season, otherwise after half dozen games or so it will be discontinued.

A bit of an interesting insight here. I uploaded tomorrow's match programme to our website around 2:30pm and already there have been over 150 views / downloads. I may have sold 50 max if they had been printed. If I had any doubts before, they are certainly gone now.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 10, 2018, 9:32 PM

Post #18 of 83 (12047 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

A bit of an interesting insight here. I uploaded tomorrow's match programme to our website around 2:30pm and already there have been over 150 views / downloads. I may have sold 50 max if they had been printed. If I had any doubts before, they are certainly gone now.

A paper programme can be stored away and read over and over again in say, 40 or 50 years time. Can you guarantee that the digital programme for a specific match can be viewed again on a computer 40-50 years later?

(This post was edited by greenwood on Aug 10, 2018, 9:33 PM)

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 10, 2018, 11:08 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #19 of 83 (11994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

A paper programme can be stored away and read over and over again in say, 40 or 50 years time. Can you guarantee that the digital programme for a specific match can be viewed again on a computer 40-50 years later?

It doesn’t matter though does it. And views of an online programme the evening before a match might tempt a few extra people through the turnstyle.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 10, 2018, 11:14 PM

Post #20 of 83 (11990 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

It doesn’t matter though does it. And views of an online programme the evening before a match might tempt a few extra people through the turnstyle.

Yes it does matter! Are you suggesting that historical records aren't important? Perhaps we should just destroy the Bayeux Tapestry to save on maintenance costs?

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 10, 2018, 11:38 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #21 of 83 (11966 views)
Shortcut

I assume you're being ironic putting forward such nonsense but, to indulge the futility of your question for a moment, can you think of any logical reason why any material currently stored digitally should somehow have necessarily become irretrievable in 40-50 years time? Clue - there isn't one.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Aug 10, 2018, 11:49 PM)

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 11, 2018, 12:01 AM

Post #22 of 83 (11941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm not being ironic. Technology can become obsolete quite quickly. Try playing old computer games on the latest desktop computers (I've tried doing so) and you will find that they no longer work. You will need an old computer to be able to play them, and of course all the old computers have been thrown away.

DaveH
Youth Team Sub

Aug 11, 2018, 8:18 AM

Post #23 of 83 (11864 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Seriously!?!?! Can you guarantee that a physical programme stored away won't get water damaged or even destroyed in a fire, etc, etc?!?!

I appreciate that you love physical progs, just like I do. However like it or not they are becoming less & less relevant in today's society and will sooner rather than later be part of history.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Aug 11, 2018, 9:00 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #24 of 83 (11840 views)
Shortcut

I appreciate that you love physical progs, just like I do. However like it or not they are becoming less & less relevant in today's society and will sooner rather than later be part of history.

They said that about books and vinyl records but both are still selling strongly once more! What goes around comes around. Cool

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 11, 2018, 10:14 AM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #25 of 83 (11783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Step 1-6 clubs not issuing paper programmes 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leyton Orients programme for today's game against Barrow is bring given away free of charge. They have obtained a sponsor to make this happen.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3