Midland League 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jul 25, 2018, 11:32 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #26 of 38 (13185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Unless you do an archaeological excavation you will find no trace of their former ground. As I said previously it has long 'gorn'!LaughSly

Oh and you are correct as to where the Plumbing ground is.

(This post was edited by GRIFFON on Jul 25, 2018, 11:37 AM)

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Jul 25, 2018, 10:51 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #27 of 38 (12809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The original Coventry Sporting ground was replaced by what was at the time of its construction the headquarters of the National Grid. Some years later the building was taken over by Warwick University. The boss of Coventry Plumbing is a man called Geoff Harris who is also the groundsman at the Westwood Heath ground.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jul 26, 2018, 9:09 AM

Post #28 of 38 (12571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Previously assisted at several other clubs in Coventry including Massey Ferguson where my lasting memory is of him digging a long trench, 'plumbing the depths' we thought at the timeBlush
He bought the Westwood Heath ground some eight years ago I believe.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jul 27, 2018, 8:37 PM

Post #29 of 38 (12120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have asked about programmes and have been told that they are hoping to get something out and develop it as the season progresses.

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 27, 2018, 5:09 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #30 of 38 (11195 views)
Shortcut

Stapenhill have tweeted the following:
Desperation plea...has to be done... we are on am urgent hunt for investors in our club. It is getting harder each week to keep functioning. We need anyone at all to step up and help local non league football. Please share.. pop down.. what can you offer... please.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 28, 2018, 10:12 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #31 of 38 (10754 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Who connected to Stapenhill FC in an official capacity tweeted this?

windydcfc

Dec 28, 2018, 1:04 PM

Post #32 of 38 (10551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Who connected to Stapenhill FC in an official capacity tweeted this?

It appears that there are 2 twitter sites & the official one has distanced itself from the previous tweet that I’ve mentioned. Also the site that tweeted the plea, is temporarily not working.

ladderman

Dec 28, 2018, 8:51 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #33 of 38 (10241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah, so o ce again you post conjecture or opinion as fact. No learning curve is there?

windydcfc

Dec 28, 2018, 9:27 PM

Post #34 of 38 (10215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ah, so o ce again you post conjecture or opinion as fact. No learning curve is there?

No, neither to be correct. I read a post on the @FCStapenhill twitter page & copied it word for word. I only found out that @StapenhillFC1 is their official twitter account today. It’s not exactly a major issue & I don’t care if you think I need to learn from this or not. I’ve got a lot more things to worry about than this!

kirby knitters

Apr 27, 2019, 10:44 PM

Post #35 of 38 (3331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leicester Road v Studley abandoned because a referee loses control of proceedings this afternoon. What are the odds of this game going again ? Potential FAC qualification at stake for Knitters.

siramisp
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 29, 2019, 7:22 PM

Post #36 of 38 (2282 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Leicester Road v Studley abandoned because a referee loses control of proceedings this afternoon. What are the odds of this game going again ? Potential FAC qualification at stake for Knitters.

Was the ref was totally at fault for causing the abandonment? Or were the players partly responsible?

Not sure what will happen tbh mate, but isn't there a rule that if both sides are found guilty of causing an abandonment, then the game can be voided and no points awarded. There's a similar outstanding issue in WMRL Div 1 involving Worcester Raiders who may or may not win the league depending on the outcome of a hearing (and the match involving them was some 6 weeks ago so wouldn't expect a swift conclusion).

kirby knitters

Apr 29, 2019, 8:37 PM

Post #37 of 38 (2174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] Midland League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Both clubs are unsurprisingly giving different accounts of exactly what happened but it was abandoned in the 44th minute. I have no plans as yet for Saturday but don't expect to be at the LRS.

Roader
Junior Team Star

May 9, 2019, 9:06 AM

Team(s): Leeds United AFC

Post #38 of 38 (1258 views)
Shortcut

It would have been even more interesting had next years qualifications for step five been in place this year, with the top four going up.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3