Combined Counties 2018-19

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 13, 2018, 6:03 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 14 (7371 views)
Shortcut
Combined Counties 2018-19 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another that does not appear to have a thread of its own.
FA Full time at http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/Index.do?league=3956158

Premier Division - 20 clubs
Sharers
Badshot Lea at Camberley - new ground due this season?
Balham at Colliers Wood
Southall, not at Ashford Town? (was Hanwell)
Sutton CR at Sutton United

Division One - 19 clubs, or 18 depending on AC London
AC London at Whyteleafe, but voted out at AGM
Bagshot at Fleet Spurs
British Airways at Bedfont & Feltham
Epsom & Ewell at Chipstead
FC Deportivo Galicia at Bedfont Sports
Kensington Borough at Leatherhead
Sheerwater at Woking (temporary?)
Tooting Bec at Raynes Park Vale
plus one reserve side, Dorking Wanderers

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 13, 2018, 6:10 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #2 of 14 (7365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, Southall now at Ashford for the coming season and Bagshot now at Fleet Town, not Spurs.
Sheerwater's share is, I believe, until any new ground is built. Think we're talking years rather than months.
Dorking Wanderers reserves - don't know if they'll be joining the first team at the revamped Meadowbank or playing at Westhumble.

Badshot Lea were aiming for Autumn for the new ground last I heard. Photos recently tweeted of the development would suggest it won't be before then.

Atavistic
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 13, 2018, 11:06 PM

Team(s): Norwich City, Yaxley

Post #3 of 14 (7108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bagshot now sharing at Fleet Town rather than Fleet Spurs:

http://www.pitchero.com/...town-fc-2322014.html

Yaxley FC Programme Editor

2019/20 (including Pre-Season):

New Grounds: 3 (Luton Town, Soham Town Rangers, Holbeach United)
Games: 9
Goals: 30
Goals Per Game (to 2 dp): 3.33
0-0s: 0

My Blog: https://thetortoisetravels.blogspot.co.uk/

paulh66

Jul 14, 2018, 7:59 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #4 of 14 (6798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dorking Wanderers reserves - don't know if they'll be joining the first team at the revamped Meadowbank or playing at Westhumble.

They'll be playing at Meadowbank.

HarryC
First Team Star

Jul 24, 2018, 6:07 PM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #5 of 14 (6183 views)
Shortcut

Although not included in first list of fixtures, AC London are now included in the fixtures on full time, which has changed some games from the list circulated this morning

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 24, 2018, 8:15 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #6 of 14 (6028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HarryC] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Although not included in first list of fixtures, AC London are now included in the fixtures on full time, which has changed some games from the list circulated this morning

Seems that they won their appeal.
Dont wish to get into an argument but i am pleased that they did. If of course they actually have.

E&E Fred
Youth Team Star

Jul 25, 2018, 12:20 PM

Team(s): Epsom & Ewell FC

Post #7 of 14 (5583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My understanding is that they have not yet had their appeal. However, the League obviously had to place them into the fixtures just in case. They are also in the two League Cup draws. Note they have no fixture scheduled for 4th August and it is FA Cup week after this.
As for the merits of the appeal, all I can say is that the League members voted the club out and you would have to think there was an extremely valid reason or reasons for this.

Last Ground (581) - Cardiff City FC - 21st April 2018
Last Cup won - Combined Counties League Cup - 2013
Twitter - @EandERich

(This post was edited by E&E Fred on Jul 25, 2018, 12:22 PM)

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 25, 2018, 12:31 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #8 of 14 (5559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [E&E Fred] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
My understanding is that they have not yet had their appeal. However, the League obviously had to place them into the fixtures just in case. They are also in the two League Cup draws. Note they have no fixture scheduled for 4th August and it is FA Cup week after this.
As for the merits of the appeal, all I can say is that the League members voted the club out and you would have to think there was an extremely valid reason or reasons for this.

But them didn't the ESL clubs vote Ilford (or was it Redbridge?) out of the league last summer, only for the club to appeal and get reinstated.

With the lack of clubs that are able to come up to the CoCo Div One due to the absurd ground grading demands at this level, like AC London or hate them, with the state English football is in at this level and below, should leagues and groups of clubs be throwing anybody out at present?

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 25, 2018, 12:40 PM

Post #9 of 14 (5547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [E&E Fred] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I object to this as a matter of principle.
If any league wants to expel a member club they should present their case direct to the LC and let them make the decision.
Letting the clubs vote reminds me of the old cowboy films where the mob hang some bloke without a trial.
Let the league put their case to the governing body and let the club defend themselves at the same hearing.
This vote at an AGM is totally wrong in my opinion.

paulh66

Jul 25, 2018, 3:07 PM

Post #10 of 14 (5385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For a league to do what you're suggesting they'd have had to go through much the same process as they've done at present in order to get themselves a mandate to present a case to the LC. Whereas the actual process that's been undertaken - carried out in accordance with the rules of the league (which incorporate the NLS Regs) - sensibly avoids the need to involve the FA unless there's an appeal by the deemed offending club.

I doubt a league and its member clubs would ever have the lynch mob mentality you're concerned about but, even if they did, the appeal process acts as a safety net against that ever prevailing.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 25, 2018, 3:24 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #11 of 14 (5357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am with you on this one.
A league should have the power to remove a club at the AGM
The appeal is available for two reasons

1. To make sure the correct processes have been followed

2. To confirm that whatever reasons for acting are accurate.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 25, 2018, 3:31 PM

Post #12 of 14 (5345 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
For a league to do what you're suggesting they'd have had to go through much the same process as they've done at present in order to get themselves a mandate to present a case to the LC. Whereas the actual process that's been undertaken - carried out in accordance with the rules of the league (which incorporate the NLS Regs) - sensibly avoids the need to involve the FA unless there's an appeal by the deemed offending club.

I doubt a league and its member clubs would ever have the lynch mob mentality you're concerned about but, even if they did, the appeal process acts as a safety net against that ever prevailing.

Well i do not like it.
I know its within the rules.
They do not really need the mandate of the clubs either way.
If the league think its right they should take it to the FALC.
Specific instances of whatever they think is wrong need to be alleged.
Not have some utterly distasteful vote just prior to the AGM.

steveberks
Junior Team Sub

Feb 6, 2019, 12:01 PM

Team(s): Bracknell Town

Post #13 of 14 (3959 views)
Shortcut

Sorry. not sure where this should go. Interesting little bit from this article about Bracknell Town expansion:
https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/sport/17407002.chairman-kayne-steinborn-busse-speaks-on-bracknell-town-expansion/

"They will also play in the new team which Bracknell plan to enter in the Combined Counties League, providing their application is approved by the Football Association."

Bracknell scrapped their "Dev" (reserve) side last season, so it'll be interesting to see if they can get one into the Combined Counties when they were previously in the Hellenic footprint.

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 6, 2019, 1:46 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #14 of 14 (3825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steveberks] Combined Counties 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sorry. not sure where this should go. Interesting little bit from this article about Bracknell Town expansion:
https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/...nell-town-expansion/

"They will also play in the new team which Bracknell plan to enter in the Combined Counties League, providing their application is approved by the Football Association."

Bracknell scrapped their "Dev" (reserve) side last season, so it'll be interesting to see if they can get one into the Combined Counties when they were previously in the Hellenic footprint.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3