Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Dec 10, 2018, 1:16 PM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #26 of 50 (14111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So the police made sure that teams like Sunderland and Newcastle U21 and Pompey/Saints U21 were kept apart in the group.

Why did Northumbria Police not insist on keeping SAFC and NUFC U21 apart in the Knockout Stages, which is due to be played in Early Jan

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 10, 2018, 2:22 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #27 of 50 (14084 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Where do you draw the line? Clubs that progress in a competition can only kept apart so long.

Steelback
First Team Star

Dec 10, 2018, 5:00 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #28 of 50 (14032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So the police made sure that teams like Sunderland and Newcastle U21 and Pompey/Saints U21 were kept apart in the group.

Why did Northumbria Police not insist on keeping SAFC and NUFC U21 apart in the Knockout Stages, which is due to be played in Early Jan
They can just play the game behind closed doors if they think it's going to kick off

Northamptonshire Steelbacks 2013 & 2016 T20 Winners

kirby knitters

Dec 13, 2018, 8:18 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #29 of 50 (12835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stoke City are to donate their share of the net gate proceeds to help cover the cost of damage done at Vale Park estimated to be between £75-100K. Doing the right thing but they would probably have been ordered to anyway by the FL.

bmavfc
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 13, 2018, 1:31 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa

Post #30 of 50 (12316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

some clubs contribute to reduce away ticket prices maybe stoke should of upped the next few so the law abiding stokies have a incentive to get rid of these fans.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 23, 2019, 3:48 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #31 of 50 (5586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bmavfc] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm sure that those running the Checkatrade Trophy breathed a sigh of relief at Manchester City U21's defeat in the quarter finals tonight. All very well letting these youth sides play in the Checkatrade, but I bet the organisers are fully aware that one of them getting to a Wembley final would have battered even more the already-ridiculed image of this competition. Not to mention the knock the final attendance would take.

A shame for the Man.City U21 side though, as I got the impression that they were the one U21 side that was taking it all most seriously.

And what with some (ahem) 'massaged' draws in earlier rounds already, will anyone offer me odds on Friday's semi-final draw coming out as...?

Pompey v Bristol Rovers

Sunderland v. Bury

Tongue

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 25, 2019, 4:32 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #32 of 50 (5234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
And what with some (ahem) 'massaged' draws in earlier rounds already, will anyone offer me odds on Friday's semi-final draw coming out as...?

Pompey v Bristol Rovers

Sunderland v. Bury

Tongue

The other way round, and with the "big" clubs away from home (but still kept apart) -

Bury v Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers v Sunderland

Matches to be played w/c 25th Feb.

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Mar 6, 2019, 1:33 PM

Post #33 of 50 (2614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Would this years final potentially be the biggest Final, Portsmouth v Sunderland, potentially be the best attended Final in the recent history of the Competition. The last time the Final attracted over 75,000 was Stoke v Bristol City and has only gone over 70k a handful of times in the history of the comeptition, last in 2017

Fair play to Sunderland, from what I have gathered, they have showed some respect to the competition by putting out sone strong sides

Mista Fozz

My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

(This post was edited by MistaFozzII on Mar 6, 2019, 2:25 PM)

BDA_85
Reserve Team Star

Mar 6, 2019, 4:34 PM

Post #34 of 50 (2561 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
showed some respect to the competition by putting out sone strong sides

I think that's the least the fans deserve after what they've been put through.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 6, 2019, 8:02 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #35 of 50 (2519 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Would this years final potentially be the biggest Final, Portsmouth v Sunderland, potentially be the best attended Final in the recent history of the Competition. The last time the Final attracted over 75,000 was Stoke v Bristol City and has only gone over 70k a handful of times in the history of the comeptition, last in 2017

Fair play to Sunderland, from what I have gathered, they have showed some respect to the competition by putting out sone strong sides

The 2019 Checktrade final could be a bigger draw for TV viewers than the FA Cup final depending which 2 teams get to that one. Both portsmouth and Sunderland have a huge fan base and a full Wembley is almost certain

81775 attended the EFL Cup Final between Man City and Chelsea

(This post was edited by Tykeoldboy on Mar 6, 2019, 8:04 PM)

northstandexile
First Team Regular

Mar 7, 2019, 4:55 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #36 of 50 (2401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Each club been given 39,000 tickets.

Not sure who gets the others.

buncranaboy

Mar 7, 2019, 8:33 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #37 of 50 (2357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

The 2019 Checktrade final could be a bigger draw for TV viewers than the FA Cup final depending which 2 teams get to that one. Both portsmouth and Sunderland have a huge fan base and a full Wembley is almost certain

Wasn't that the Full Members Cup, an entirely different competition ?

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Mar 7, 2019, 9:46 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #38 of 50 (2334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Wasn't the Full Members Cup the now discontinued Simod/Zenith Data Systems which was contested by those clubs that didn't make it into Europe. I remember Palace beating Everton in the ZDS final.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 7, 2019, 10:20 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #39 of 50 (2319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes, a different competition, but not the Full Members Cup. I think he was referring to the Carabao Cup Final, played on 24th Feb this year, as an example of a big game that didn't fill Wembley.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 8, 2019, 2:46 PM

Post #40 of 50 (2203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes, a different competition, but not the Full Members Cup. I think he was referring to the Carabao Cup Final, played on 24th Feb this year, as an example of a big game that didn't fill Wembley.

I was referring to this seasons Carabao (EFL) Cup

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 19, 2019, 1:25 AM

Post #41 of 50 (1962 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The 2019 Checktrade final could be a bigger draw for TV viewers than the FA Cup final depending which 2 teams get to that one. Both portsmouth and Sunderland have a huge fan base and a full Wembley is almost certain.

All tickets (as near as damn it) now sold out. Both sides put their last batches on sale on Monday morning and sold them all.

Apparently, the EFL is now hunting down all the Check-A-Trade plumbers/sparkies/chippies they've dished out complementary tickets to and are trying to claw back some of the ones that won't get used. Pompey have said that this might mean they might get a few extra tickets, but describing the possible quantity as "in the tens"!

The record attendance for the final in this competition is 80,841, at the 1988 final between Wolves and Burnley in an old pre-all-seater Wembley.

The largest attendance for the final in this competition at the new all-seater Wembley is 74,434, at the 2017 final between Coventry City and Oxford United.

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Mar 20, 2019, 1:31 PM

Post #42 of 50 (1707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have not seen Pompeys sales in the last couple of days, though I had seen suggestions they had only sold about 32k upto the end of Last Week, whereas Sunderlands original allocation was marginally less than Pompeys, but SAFC managed to get some more tickets to take there allocation over 40k.

So, I am guessing we are looking at something close to a sell-out, it should outdo the 2017 Final and looks on course to also beat the the '88 Attendance

Mista Fozz

My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Mar 20, 2019, 1:40 PM

Post #43 of 50 (1694 views)
Shortcut

Out of interest, if Sunderland and/or Portsmouth get promoted to the Championship, whats the chances of there U23 teams getting invited back next season.

Would Sunderland and/or Portsmouth be the first clubs in the history of the Competition to go up to 2nd Tier as Winners of the EFL Trophy and compete in the Following season

Mista Fozz

My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 25, 2019, 11:27 PM

Post #44 of 50 (1448 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I have not seen Pompeys sales in the last couple of days, though I had seen suggestions they had only sold about 32k upto the end of Last Week, whereas Sunderlands original allocation was marginally less than Pompeys, but SAFC managed to get some more tickets to take there allocation over 40k.

So, I am guessing we are looking at something close to a sell-out, it should outdo the 2017 Final and looks on course to also beat the the '88 Attendance

Pompey have sold out their full allocation of 40,300 tickets for Sunday's final. I'm going to guess that Sunderland were allocated about the same number?

The local paper is saying that this will be the biggest attendance of Pompey fans at a match in fifty-one years, because the allocation is that much bigger that that for the FA Cup finals in 2008 and 2010, or the semi-finals, or the 2008 Community Shield match.

Apparently, the last time Pompey might have had a bigger number of fans at a match was in March 1968, when 42,642 people attended an FA Cup 5th Round match at Fratton Park v. West Bromich Albion, the year West Brom went on to win the cup (though this figure would have included an unknown number of away fans, too). In that season's FA Cup 4th Round replay at Fratton Park, 44,050 attended the match v. Fulham.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 31, 2019, 3:18 PM

Post #45 of 50 (874 views)
Shortcut

Useless fact of the day. The 2019 Checktrade final is only the second final of this competition to be contested by 2 former winners of the FA Cup, the previous was Wolves v Burnley in 1988. It is also only the second final to be contested 2 former League champions, again the previous was Wolves v Burnley in 1988.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 31, 2019, 10:12 PM

Post #46 of 50 (779 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Useless fact of the day. The 2019 Checktrade final is only the second final of this competition to be contested by 2 former winners of the FA Cup, the previous was Wolves v Burnley in 1988. It is also only the second final to be contested 2 former League champions, again the previous was Wolves v Burnley in 1988.

And an attendance of 85,021. And possibly the smallest ever contingent of complementary prawn-sandwich munchers at a Wembley final...

And TheWavendonian texted me to say that the BBC’s evening news didn’t even mention the final score in their football round-up, choosing to talk about the much smaller attended matches at Celtic, Cardiff and Liverpool instead. Not that I give a toss! Cool

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 31, 2019, 10:38 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #47 of 50 (754 views)
Shortcut

Fantastic support from both clubs. Looked on TV as if Sunderland had a substantial majority of the supporters at Wembley. Must have been close to 50,000.
Only Barcelona vs Espanyol had a larger attendance in Europe this weekend.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 1, 2019, 12:11 AM

Post #48 of 50 (730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bigger crowd than the League Cup final between two of the biggest (wealthiest) clubs in the world

scottywalds
First Team Star

Apr 2, 2019, 7:05 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #49 of 50 (452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Fantastic support from both clubs. Looked on TV as if Sunderland had a substantial majority of the supporters at Wembley. Must have been close to 50,000.

"While Sunderland have been handed 38,979 tickets for the clash, their opponents have received an allocation of 39,659."

BDA_85
Reserve Team Star

Apr 3, 2019, 9:34 AM

Post #50 of 50 (319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Checkatrade Trophy 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

"While Sunderland have been handed 38,979 tickets for the clash, their opponents have received an allocation of 39,659."

It must be the effect of wearing stripes!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3