First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 13, 2018, 4:42 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 30 (12726 views)
Shortcut
Spartan South Midland 2018-19 Can't Post or Reply Privately

It appears there is no thread for this one, and I'm not going to list the teams, but they are on full time at

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/....do?league=522238936

In the Premier Division, I have five shares in my count
Baldock, at Arlesey
Biggleswade FC at Biggleswade Town (I think I have listed these as a reserve team in the past)
Crawley Green at Barton Rovers
Edgware Town at Hendon
London Tigers at Northwood

In division one, I have listed Buckingham Town as the main team at Manor Fields (MK Irish Centre).
Broadfields United at Harefield United
Enfield Borough at Wingate and Finchley
Brimsdown at ????

Park View at the New River Stadium is the only one needed in the top two levels

I have not generally been counting the Step 7 leagues yet, but it is convenient to do my count in this one while I am here.
15 teams, of which Unite MK appears to be the only sharer - like Buckingham Town, they are at MK Irish Centre, Manor Fields

Two missing, anyone know the status of Tring Town. They are tweeting about training starting. If I recall other posts, the re-emergence of New Bradwell St. Peter is the reason for the dissapearance of Loughton Manor, although I would not be surprised to see the Linceslade Grove ground re-appear. It seems par for the course in the area

Its a 15 team league,

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 13, 2018, 4:50 PM

Team(s): None

Post #2 of 30 (12709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It appears there is no thread for this one, and I'm not going to list the teams, but they are on full time at

Baldock, at Arlesey
Biggleswade FC at Biggleswade Town (I think I have listed these as a reserve team in the past)

Loughton Manor moved to New Bradwell during last season, so this is just a name change. I believe the reason for NBSP folding was that their management and players left for Loughton Manor at the start of last season. Perhaps someone who lives locally could confirm this.
Edgware Town at Hendon

In division one, I have listed Buckingham Town as the main team at Manor Fields (MK Irish Centre).
Brimsdown at ????

I have not generally been counting the Step 7 leagues yet, but it is convenient to do my count in this one while I am here.
15 teams, of which Unite MK appears to be the only sharer - like Buckingham Town, they are at MK Irish Centre, Manor Fields

Two missing, anyone know the status of Tring Town. They are tweeting about training starting. If I recall other posts, the re-emergence of New Bradwell St. Peter is the reason for the dissapearance of Loughton Manor, although I would not be surprised to see the Linceslade Grove ground re-appear. It seems par for the course in the area

Its a 15 team league,

jrev61

FCUtdWill
Youth Team Star

Jul 13, 2018, 4:53 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #3 of 30 (12706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Baldock, at Arlesey
Edgware Town at Hendon

Brimsdown at ????

Its a 15 team league,

Loughton Manor are New Bradwell St. Peter.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

Herb Alpert
First Team Sub

Jul 13, 2018, 5:13 PM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, whoever is playing w*** h**

Post #4 of 30 (12680 views)
Shortcut

Crawley Green have left Barton and have moved to 3G pitch at Luton Town's new training facility. Going to Crawley Green when they play their former landlords on 21st July.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 13, 2018, 5:36 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #5 of 30 (12650 views)
Shortcut

Brimsdown are sharing at Ware for the forthcoming season.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 13, 2018, 6:50 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #6 of 30 (12577 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Baldock, at Arlesey
Edgware Town at Hendon

Brimsdown at ????

Two missing, anyone know the status of Tring Town. They are tweeting about training starting. If I recall other posts, the re-emergence of New Bradwell St. Peter is the reason for the disappearance of Loughton Manor, although I would not be surprised to see the Linceslade Grove ground re-appear. It seems par for the course in the area

Its a 15 team league,

Still? I was under the impression it was a one year deal and The Tigers were moving back to the Western Avenue this summer allowing us Woods to reform our "Reserve" side this season.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

Karen Browne
Reserve Team Star

Jul 13, 2018, 6:55 PM

Team(s): Welwyn Garden City

Post #7 of 30 (12568 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Baldock, at Arlesey
Edgware Town at Hendon

Brimsdown at ????

Its a 15 team league,

Re: Tring Town
The club informed the SSML towards the end of last season that should they finish in the bottom two they would not be seeking re-election.
The club I believed has merged their first and reserve team and will be running just one club in the West Herts League

Karen Browne
Spartan South Midlands League
Fixtures Officer

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 13, 2018, 7:13 PM

Post #8 of 30 (12542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karen Browne] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks to all the replies. I have added Crawley Green to my required grounds.

Need to check on Tigers, as to where they play. I have been to the Western Avenue ground once

Curiously, I ticked both Northwood, and Viking Sports on the same day (with the FA Vase Final) in 1982. Both clubs were Hellenic at the time
I have been back to Northwood twice, but it remains my only trip to the Western Avenue ground
Northwood is the closest ground to the potential site of the blue plaque to denote my place of birth (Joel Street)

Fat AND Pompous.

Steve_HFC
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 13, 2018, 10:51 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth

Post #9 of 30 (12336 views)
Shortcut

Strictly speaking Edgware Town don't play at Hendon. Edgware Town and Hendon both play at Silver Jubilee Park. The ground is not owned/leased by either club - we are both tenants.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 15, 2018, 1:56 AM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #10 of 30 (11974 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Baldock, at Arlesey
Edgware Town at Hendon

Brimsdown at ????

Its a 15 team league,

Confirmed one year extension in today's program vs Chelsea XI

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

Haywain
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 17, 2018, 8:40 PM

Team(s): Luton Town

Post #11 of 30 (11117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Herb Alpert] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Crawley Green have left Barton and have moved to 3G pitch at Luton Town's new training facility. Going to Crawley Green when they play their former landlords on 21st July.

Worth checking if the match is definitely at the Brache as tonight's match against Welwyn Garden City is shown (on the CGFC Twitter feed) as being played at 'Crawley Green 3G', and is definitely not being played at the Brache.

Haywain - following the Hatters through thin and thin.

(This post was edited by Haywain on Jul 17, 2018, 8:54 PM)

Mike S
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 17, 2018, 9:17 PM

Post #12 of 30 (11068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Haywain] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can someone confirm The Brache is the old Vauxhall Motors Ground

Herb Alpert
First Team Sub

Jul 17, 2018, 9:17 PM

Post #13 of 30 (11065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Haywain] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thank you for the advice. I will follow up with a tweet to the club.

Haywain
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 17, 2018, 10:17 PM

Post #14 of 30 (10984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mike S] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

It is the same place. Access should be from the Park Street side only, but these arrangements are not yet entirely clear.

Herb Alpert
First Team Sub

Jul 17, 2018, 10:50 PM

Post #15 of 30 (10937 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

It is the same place. Access should be from the Park Street side only, but these arrangements are not yet entirely clear.

I was advised (I cannot remember the sourse) that Crawley Green's new ground was in the same complex as the old Vauxhall Motors ground but elsewhere within the site. Where Crawley Green have moved to was a field hockey pitch in the Vauxhall Motors days.

Could someone more local confirm or refute this information please..

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 18, 2018, 8:46 AM

Team(s): None

Post #16 of 30 (10707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Herb Alpert] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I was advised (I cannot remember the sourse) that Crawley Green's new ground was in the same complex as the old Vauxhall Motors ground but elsewhere within the site. Where Crawley Green have moved to was a field hockey pitch in the Vauxhall Motors days.

Vauxhall Motors ground became an artificial hockey pitch, this was unsuitable for football, so the club folded due to lack of a ground.

jrev61

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 18, 2018, 9:03 PM

Post #17 of 30 (10230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ON another thread, Karen Browne says Hatfield Town are now at London Colney, adding one to my ground sharers list

Fat AND Pompous.

Haywain
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 18, 2018, 11:35 PM

Post #18 of 30 (10080 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I can see the ground by looking out of my front window! I trust that is suitably local? Crawley Green will be playing at the site of the old Vauxhall Motors ground, and have refurbished the stand that has been esentially unused since the demise of VMFC. The plastic pitch that was installed in 1991 was replaced under a year ago by a 3G pitch when Luton Town took over a significant part of the old Vauxhall sports ground for their new training ground. The "stadium" pitch has always been distinctly separate from the surrounding pitches and remains so. There is no doubt that Crawley Green will be playing in the exact same location that Vauxhall Motors played up to there withdrawal in 1991.

ictoan
First Team Regular

Jul 18, 2018, 11:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #19 of 30 (10068 views)
Shortcut

To pick up on an airport theme, in addition to Crawley Down Gatwick, will we now have Crawley Green Luton?

There 'Ant no place like Sussex, until you goes above, 'Cause Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wunt be druv.

The North begins at Gatwick.

Herb Alpert
First Team Sub

Jul 19, 2018, 7:55 AM

Post #20 of 30 (9929 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for clarifying the Vauxhall Motors/Crawley Green ground situation for me.

Haywain
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 20, 2018, 11:10 PM

Post #21 of 30 (9273 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thank you for clarifying the Vauxhall Motors/Crawley Green ground situation for me.

Now confirmed that access to the ground will be from Gipsy Lane, using the Venue 360 entrance. This will continue until the new changing rooms are completed, which should be in time for the FA Cup match on August 11th. At that point access will be from Park Street, opposite the end of Cutenhoe Road.

DJM61
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 21, 2018, 12:00 PM

Post #22 of 30 (8930 views)
Shortcut

Looking on Full Time it seems Bovingdon have been removed from Division Two

Karen Browne
Reserve Team Star

Jul 21, 2018, 1:24 PM

Team(s): Welwyn Garden City

Post #23 of 30 (8858 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DJM61] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looking on Full Time it seems Bovingdon have been removed from Division Two

This appears to be a result of the merger with Whole Game System.
Hopefully it will be corrected on Monday.

Karen Browne
Spartan South Midlands League
Fixtures Officer

BDA_85
First Team Sub

Mar 12, 2019, 2:34 PM

Post #24 of 30 (6932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karen Browne] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

London Tigers have tweeted that they won't be playing at Northwood FC next season (a response to a Northwood tweet seeking a side to groundshare with them).

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Mar 15, 2019, 10:44 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #25 of 30 (5963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Spartan South Midland 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stotfold (SSM) are underway, having "broken ground" this week .. new facilities are expected later in the year.

.. news via Ollie Bayliss of BBC3CR https://twitter.com/.../1106142569778606081

Grounds = 555, Leagues done = 12 (39 to go); Games (18/19) = 135; New Grounds (18/19) = 90; Goals (18/19) = 446; Ave goals/game = 3.30; Last new ground = May & Baker; Next = 2019/20.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3