Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Lincolnshire League 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 13, 2018, 12:34 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #26 of 42 (8424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My point is this. Your responses to people are usually curt and aggressive. Usually ending with an exclamation mark.

I am sure you can respond in a more reasoned way or maybe you can't?

I didn't realise being sensible was mandatory.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Sarumio

Jul 13, 2018, 12:44 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #27 of 42 (8411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
My point is this. Your responses to people are usually curt and aggressive. Usually ending with an exclamation mark.

I am sure you can respond in a more reasoned way or maybe you can't?

I didn't realise being sensible was mandatory.

You can take the way I post anyway you like. But as you cannot hear me saying it, then you'll never know and so its best not to assume. Where I use exclamation marks is my business!!!!!!!!!! Heres some more !!!!!!!!

Thery are not a sign of agression or curtness.

Is there anything else - or shall we stop hijacking threads needlessly?

KnowYourMarket

Jul 13, 2018, 12:48 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #28 of 42 (8401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Case closed. An exclamation mark is to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), or to show emphasis.

Most of the things you write you could say without it!

Don't worry, I will be sure to pull you up when you next do it. That's in the future though so it may not happen....

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

windydcfc

Jul 13, 2018, 12:48 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #29 of 42 (8401 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Have you worn out the number 1 on your keyboard yet!!!

And have you got anything sensible say? Or just here to poke fun at others?

Are you being ironic? Haven’t you just poked fun at my grammatical fubar!

Sarumio

Jul 13, 2018, 12:58 PM

Post #30 of 42 (8385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

1. You were picked up on it by other posters yesterday, and multiple times before.
2. The bulk of my post was actually in repsonse to your Brighton Elec appeal update.

windydcfc

Jul 13, 2018, 1:04 PM

Post #31 of 42 (8380 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

1. You were picked up on it by other posters yesterday, and multiple times before.
2. The bulk of my post was actually in repsonse to your Brighton Elec appeal update.

Did you have join in? Does it make you feel superior & important? Or do you enjoy putting people down? Especially after Leo tried to get people to lay off! By mentioning grammar police(or something similar)!

Sarumio

Jul 13, 2018, 1:50 PM

Post #32 of 42 (8327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Did you have join in? Does it make you feel superior & important? Or do you enjoy putting people down? Especially after Leo tried to get people to lay off! By mentioning grammar police(or something similar)!

I wasn't poking fun.

I said "Their, Windy, Their" - merely reminding you of what the pposters 24 hours eailer had less politely pointed out to you. It IS a common group of similar sounding words that alot of people get mixed up but its laziness/ignorance to, the next day, just carry on using the wrong one, so I made a small friendly reminder.

At least that wasn;t the sole purpose of my post!

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 13, 2018, 2:17 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #33 of 42 (8295 views)
Shortcut

So let's stop (I think the apostrophe is righting) knocking each other and get on with discussing the subjects
That way, I don;t(sic) have to mention unusual semi-colons

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 13, 2018, 10:15 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #34 of 42 (8093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So let's stop (I think the apostrophe is righting) knocking each other and get on with discussing the subjects
That way, I don;t(sic) have to mention unusual semi-colons

Well said. Different thread, same old 'experts'!!! And one more for luck......!

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

skeggy meggie
Junior Team Sub

Aug 6, 2018, 9:37 AM

Post #35 of 42 (7714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No longer in the Lincs League but it appears former champions Skegness United (NOT Town) have folded.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Aug 6, 2018, 7:35 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #36 of 42 (7483 views)
Shortcut

I've no experienced of the CML or the Lincs League - but have just looked at Brigg's list of scheduled fixtures for the coming season

Just 2 league games in Oct
Just 2 league games in Nov
No league games at all between late Feb and late Mar

That's barely a league worthy of the name

skeggy meggie
Junior Team Sub

Aug 7, 2018, 2:58 PM

Post #37 of 42 (7175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not entirely fair - the missing weekends in the league fixture list are due to these being allocated to the cup competitions - potentially Brigg have games every weekend in October and November.
That's also the partial answer to the situation later in the year
Or maybe the league just wants to get as many games out of the way as it can before March to avoid a repeat of last year's farcical end to the season.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Aug 7, 2018, 3:16 PM

Post #38 of 42 (7167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skeggy meggie] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Up to a point...but last year in NCEL 1, Brigg had 42 league games + vase and (from memory) fa cup and possible county/league cups too and managed to fit them all in.

This year they have, I believe, 16 fewer league games.

I'd be surprised if they were still in a national competition by November...and at least 4 blank Sats in a row and no midweek fixtures either in Spring - again, I'd say that's hardly a league and that's more than enough empty space for any fixture backlog

To me a league needs to be pretty much every Sat from late Aug to mid April, with say two or three w/ends free for cups. If it falls much below that, where's the continuity...why would someone who wants to play at this level put up with no games for 5 weeks?

skeggy meggie
Junior Team Sub

Aug 7, 2018, 3:44 PM

Post #39 of 42 (7153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

True enough but the league currently only has 13 teams (following the recent demise of Sleaford SA) so a league game every weekend is not going to be possible - and whilst 13 teams is pretty poor it's still somewhat better than the 10 that managed to "complete" last season. Basically grass roots football in the county is in serious decline and the county league reflects this.

The spare weekends in Oct & Nov are for the two league cup competitions and the County Junior Cup as opposed to national competitions.

windydcfc

Aug 7, 2018, 3:51 PM

Post #40 of 42 (7147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skeggy meggie] Lincolnshire League 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
True enough but the league currently only has 13 teams (following the recent demise of Sleaford SA) so a league game every weekend is not going to be possible - and whilst 13 teams is pretty poor it's still somewhat better than the 10 that managed to "complete" last season. Basically grass roots football in the county is in serious decline and the county league reflects this.

The spare weekends in Oct & Nov are for the two league cup competitions and the County Junior Cup as opposed to national competitions.

If all the Lincolnshire clubs, that play in the CML & P&DL. Then the LL could regionalise north/south & have an extremely strong set up. Unfortunately it's only just got its step 7 status & is having to do the best in can. I know for a fact that Ian Hughes has sweated blood to get the LL to where it is now & it needs a little time & patience. Before its established, Like the two leagues I've mentioned.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Aug 7, 2018, 5:42 PM

Post #41 of 42 (7088 views)
Shortcut

Fair dos

Just as someone who has tripped down to see the Zebras from time to time, it seems a mighty long fall from NCEL 1 to LL for it to be deemed just 1 rung on the pyramid.

Appreciate the point about starting from modest foundations.

skeggy meggie
Junior Team Sub

Nov 20, 2018, 4:41 PM

Post #42 of 42 (6294 views)
Shortcut

The malaise continues...
Spalding United Development have dropped out in the last week / ten days.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3