West Region SJFA changes

LLD
Reserve Team Star

Jun 28, 2018, 3:12 PM

Team(s): Livingston

Post #1 of 1 (602 views)
Shortcut
West Region SJFA changes Can't Post or Reply Privately

Arthurlie have helpfully posted a very good summary of last night's West Region AGM on their facebook page - see excerpt below

AGM of WEST REGION SJFA 2018 - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
At the 2018 West Region AGM, Kennie Young was elected to the newly created post of Fixture Secretary, and we wish him well in his new post.
Scott Robertson remains as General Secretary of the West Region.
The 2018-19 season will start on Saturday 28th July with the revamped Sectional League cup - with sections made up of four teams. All West Region teams are involved in the one competition.
Our section will consist of Arthurlie, Johnstone Burgh, Benburb and Neilston.
Every two years, the sections will be redrawn, from eight teams within a relative geographical radius.
The knockout stages will be pre drawn in advance.
The first three rounds of SLC fixtures will be played on Saturday 28th, Monday 30th July and Wednesday 1st August.
Championship fixtures will start on Saturday 4th August, with the potential for two Wednesday night league fixtures before Autumn.
As confirmation, there will be three teams automatically promoted and relegated from the championship, with no play offs.
The first round draw for the West of Scotland Cup was also made at the AGM, and Arthurlie have received a bye into the second round.
The Central League Cup and Ayrshire Cups shall be discontinued.
The Evening Times Champions Cup shall be competed for the season after teams qualify for it.
A fixture list for the first half of the season is expected to be released in the new week.

I was surprised to see the Sectional League Cup retained, albeit in a slightly different format, with the knockout Central League Cup and Ayrshire Cup scrapped. I thought it may be the other way round.

The Evening Times Cup change makes absolute sense. I've always felt it would be a good pre-season curtain raiser, especially with there only being four divisional winners from now on.

I suspect that the current fashion for negativity towards Junior football will continue, but I think the new West Region set up is an improvement and the Premiership is undoubtedly the strongest non league division in Scotland.

For all your Scottish football fixture needs: scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com

(This post was edited by LLD on Jun 28, 2018, 3:17 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3