Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Obituaries and Remembrances:
Trevor Pike (groundhopper and gentleman)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Dave R
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 3, 2018, 12:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #26 of 30 (2076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave R] Trevor Pike (groundhopper and gentleman) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For those who may wish to attend, here are the arrangements for Trevor's funeral :
Thursday 12th July at 12 noon.
St George's Church, Holcombe (between Dawlish and Teignmouth).
There will be refreshments afterwards but I am not sure of the venue.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Jul 4, 2018, 9:04 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #27 of 30 (1854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave R] Trevor Pike (groundhopper and gentleman) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sad to hear the news about Trevor. Had not seen him for a couple of seasons, it was good to see him and have a chat, normally we would both be miles from home. Always remember when i saw Silsden at Keighley RLFC, Trevor saw me arrive in the bar and as soon as i got my drink introduced me to the other hoppers who had turned up to see the game.
I will be on holiday in Devon next week and whilst i wont be able to go to the funeral i will be raising a glass or two in his memory.
RIP Trevor

Dave R
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 12, 2018, 7:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #28 of 30 (1439 views)
Shortcut

Along with Yorkieexile I attended Trevor's funeral today. Trevor would have enjoyed that it was a celebration of his life rather than too sombre an occasion.

He would have particularly enjoyed the programme produced and the photo of him holding a glass.

There was an excellent tribute from a long time friend who outlined with some humour Trevor's databases of his loves : programmes, autographs, pubs and restaurants visited, beers drunk, birds spotted and, of course, football grounds visited.

The congregation were in awe at some of the numbers mentioned : 7,500 pubs, 8,500 beers, 2,100 grounds.

The vicar continued with a tribute where she explained that she had googled 'Trevor Pike Groundhopper' in order to give context to her words. The search brought her to this very thread which she had copied and it was passed around at the refreshments thereafter.

Several people asked yorkie and I about groundhopping; whether they were intrigued about the hobby or our levels of sanity is questionable.

Pam and her family and friends were very grateful for all the supportive comments on this thread and we also passed on condolences from those who specifically asked us to do so.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 12, 2018, 8:21 PM

Team(s):

Post #29 of 30 (1389 views)
Shortcut

Shocked to read about Trevorís passing, having been out of the country recently, Iíve only just seen this thread. We met at various South West obscure outposts & he came across as the perfect gent. His footy knowledge was second to none, he was always informative & polite.

I was always amazed at his desire to travel all over the UK. This hobby has clearly lost one of its finest followers & will evidently be missed by many. RIP Mr. Pike

KRTM

davy c
First Team Star

Jul 13, 2018, 5:36 PM

Post #30 of 30 (1142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Trevor Pike (groundhopper and gentleman) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Only just spotted this, terribly sad news, first met him 10 years ago at Guilsfield and I think last time was Benburb from memory.lovely company and a true gent RIP

twitter @davyc1976

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3