INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Southern Combination 2018/19

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 27, 2018, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #1 of 20 (17622 views)
Shortcut
Southern Combination 2018/19 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Constitution now showing in the league tables section of the official league website:

PREMIER DIVISION

AFC UCKFIELD TOWN
ARUNDEL
BROADBRIDGE HEATH
CHICHESTER CITY
CRAWLEY DOWN GATWICK
EAST PRESTON
EASTBOURNE TOWN
EASTBOURNE UNITED AFC
HASSOCKS
HORSHAM YMCA
LANCING
LANGNEY WANDERERS
LINGFIELD
LITTLE COMMON
LOXWOOD
NEWHAVEN
PAGHAM
PEACEHAVEN & TELS
SALTDEAN UNITED
SHOREHAM

DIVISION 1

AFC VARNDEANIANS
ALFOLD
BEXHILL UNITED
BILLINGSHURST
HAILSHAM TOWN
LITTLEHAMPTON TOWN
MIDHURST & EASEBOURNE
MILE OAK
OAKWOOD
SEAFORD TOWN
SELSEY
SIDLESHAM
SOUTHWICK
ST FRANCIS RANGERS
STEYNING TOWN
STORRINGTON
WICK
WORTHING UNITED

DIVISION 2

ANGMERING SENIORS
BOSHAM
COPTHORNE
COWFOLD
FERRING
JARVIS BROOK
LITTLEHAMPTON UNITED
MONTPELIER VILLA
ROFFEY
ROTTINGDEAN VILLAGE
RUSTINGTON
UPPER BEEDING
WESTFIELD
WORTHING TOWN

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Jun 28, 2018, 10:52 AM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #2 of 20 (17198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I haven't visited many grounds in the 'old Sussex Div 3' but, from Google Maps, it looks like new boys Angmering Seniors and Copthorne (the latter new to the equation for me) play on park pitches with no railings or football furniture. Is that correct?

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 13, 2018, 6:20 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 20 (16668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I count two here as groundshare
Langney Wanderers at Eastbourne Borough (Premier)
Littlehampton United at Littlehampton Town (2)

I take it that Alfold is now floodlit and they have not joined the groundshare brigade.
Still waiting on hearing that Broadbridge Heath have moved

Two lost that I need to change records for
Ringmer - defunct?
Lancing United - returned to West Sussex?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

paulh66

Jul 13, 2018, 8:33 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #4 of 20 (16557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There's also Little Common sharing at Eastbourne United.

Alfold are cracking on with the work needed at their own ground and I'm not aware of any plans for them to share elsewhere in the meantime.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jul 13, 2018, 8:44 PM)

ictoan
First Team Regular

Jul 13, 2018, 9:11 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 20 (16511 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Lancing United - returned to West Sussex?

Unless the join their Reserves in the Brighton, Worthing & District.

There 'Ant no place like Sussex, until you goes above, 'Cause Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wunt be druv.

The North begins at Gatwick.

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Jul 13, 2018, 9:23 PM

Post #6 of 20 (16499 views)
Shortcut

Ringmer resigned from the Southern Combination due to costs problems and I last heard they were forging closer links with Mid Sussex League sides Ringmer Rovers and AFC Ringmer, but I don't know if this involves any takeovers or Ringmer folding.

dseagull
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 14, 2018, 3:59 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town, Spurs, Brighton

Post #7 of 20 (16233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lancing Utd have just tweeted they will be in the Mid Sussex; https://twitter.com/LancingUnited

Check out the Hailsham Town website at http://www.hailshamtownfc.org.uk

You can also follow The Stringers on Twitter; http://twitter.com/hailshamtownfc/

tewey99
Junior Team Sub

Jul 16, 2018, 10:56 PM

Team(s): Mile Oak, Wolves, RC Lens, AO Kerkyra

Post #8 of 20 (15781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dseagull] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There's been an official tweet that fixtures for Prem and div1 will be released on Wednesday at approx 10am ...

dseagull
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 26, 2018, 10:52 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town, Spurs, Brighton

Post #9 of 20 (15056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tewey99] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brighton Electricity have won their appeal, and will be in SCFL Division Two for next season. It now runs with 15 teams, and the previously announced Division Two Cup draw has been scrapped and will be redrawn.

Check out the Hailsham Town website at http://www.hailshamtownfc.org.uk

You can also follow The Stringers on Twitter; http://twitter.com/hailshamtownfc/

paulh66

Jul 27, 2018, 12:04 AM

Post #10 of 20 (14992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dseagull] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Brighton Electricity have won their appeal, and will be in SCFL Division Two for next season.

Playing at Withdean according to a tweet from Upper Beeding.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jul 27, 2018, 12:08 AM)

buncranaboy

Jul 27, 2018, 7:59 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #11 of 20 (14671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Brighton Electricity have won their appeal, and will be in SCFL Division Two for next season.

Playing at Withdean according to a tweet from Upper Beeding.

That's not a shock, is it ? Wink

paulh66

Jul 27, 2018, 8:26 PM

Post #12 of 20 (14640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They're buzzing about it!
And the fixture secretary's in his element but he'll need a prod to still get them out this week.
(Stop it! Though the fixtures, originally due this week, have been delayed indefinitely).

paulh66

Jul 31, 2018, 12:07 PM

Post #13 of 20 (14187 views)
Shortcut

Fixtures for division 2 are now on the league website.

FCUtdWill
Youth Team Star

Jul 31, 2018, 3:56 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #14 of 20 (14051 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Lancing Utd have just tweeted they will be in the Mid Sussex; https://twitter.com/LancingUnited

They weren't showing in the provisional constitution but are now in the Championship of the Mid-Sussex League.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

paulh66

Aug 23, 2018, 11:01 PM

Post #15 of 20 (13522 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I haven't visited many grounds in the 'old Sussex Div 3' but, from Google Maps, it looks like new boys Angmering Seniors and Copthorne (the latter new to the equation for me) play on park pitches with no railings or football furniture. Is that correct?

I stumbled across an extensive set of photos from Angmering's home game of 18/8: https://www.flickr.com/...ts/72157672451910358. Roped off field with some cover in front of the changing room block.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Aug 23, 2018, 11:04 PM)

buncranaboy

Aug 23, 2018, 11:54 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #16 of 20 (13487 views)
Shortcut

Roll on Monday !!!

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Aug 24, 2018, 9:45 AM

Post #17 of 20 (13337 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for that. I prefer low level grounds which have cover, so Angmering's now on my list. I like the way the photographer still refers to the league as the Sussex County, and I wonder which lucky chap had the cross-legged handbag-wielding WAG in picture 26 in tow?

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 24, 2018, 2:26 PM

Post #18 of 20 (13183 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I wonder which lucky chap had the cross-legged handbag-wielding WAG in picture 26 in tow?

Perhaps she's not a WAG at all but a hopper who didn't have any carrier bags left to carry the essentials?Wink

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Dec 10, 2018, 2:24 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #19 of 20 (11642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Southern Combination 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sad news from St Francis Rangers this day .. thay have called it a day in Division 1 .. great memories for me and they will be sadly missed in The SCFL.

Info obtained from twitter @StFrancisRanger

Grounds = 565, Leagues done = 8 (44 to go); Games (19/20) = 10; New Grounds (19/20) = 10; Goals (19/20) = 48; Ave goals/game = 4.80; Last new ground = Everest Academy School; Next = Tues 16th July.

(This post was edited by hemelhopper on Dec 10, 2018, 2:27 PM)

paulh66

Feb 21, 2019, 9:35 PM

Post #20 of 20 (2071 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Copthorne played their first match back at their true home, King George's Field, on February 2. Apparently they've been away for two years and, from the info they tweeted, it looks like the pitch was dug up and relaid. In answer to the question above, from the pictures tweeted it does indeed appear to be a field with no railings or football furniture.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3