2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 10 Goals: 39 GPG: 3.90 New Grounds: 9

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 23, 2018, 12:02 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1946 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Farnham Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went last autumn and was directed to park in one of the light industrial units in Crosby Way and follow a path behind the Southern goal and around Mead Lane to get to the entrance.

(This post was edited by Richard Rundle on Jun 23, 2018, 1:35 PM)

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 23, 2018, 12:15 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #3 of 7 (1940 views)
Shortcut

If you haven't done so already use the search function on here to check out Farnham in the wdyg section - there'll be parking info in there although, as there's been development going on around the ground over the last year or so, I suppose things might have changed subsequently. Which I guess might be why you asked the question!

Digdagdog
First Team Regular

Jun 23, 2018, 12:41 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #4 of 7 (1921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Farnham Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If you haven't done so already use the search function on here to check out Farnham in the wdyg section - there'll be parking info in there although, as there's been development going on around the ground over the last year or so, I suppose things might have changed subsequently. Which I guess might be why you asked the question!

It was! Latest report I could see was 2015!

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 23, 2018, 8:24 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #5 of 7 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Here's my WDYG from April 2016. Obviously I travel by public transport, but hopefully you'll be able to make use of the pub recommendations.

There is parking for non-resident/non-permit holders further up in nearby Crondall Lane, which is the first on the right after the Jolly Sailor (when heading away from the town centre). It's limited to two hours for non-permit holders, which timed correctly should just about squeeze the match in...

And from April 2016...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also on CoCo duty, this time at...

Combined Counties League Premier Division
Farnham Town 2 Knaphill 3

Entry: 6
Attendance: headcount of about 50 or so

Finally ticked following an aborted attempt back in December for a match called off because of strong winds. Not the tidiest ground you're ever going to find on your travels, but with more than its fair share of personality. The stand-out feature is the huge raised grass banking behind the near goal, which at one point leaves your feet six metres or more above pitch level (giving a fantastic elevated view of the action if you don't mind watching from near the corner flag), with the pitch actually cutting into the bank to form a cliff. Much of the lower banking is unattractively wrapped in black polythene, though further up it's all lush grass, a couple of park benches and a rather battered home built stand dug in above the goal, with views across the rooftops of Farnham town centre. Opposite the homely-but-battered clubhouse (tonight showing some sort of noisy family domestic on EastEnders) is a small concrete covered terrace, with the changing rooms actually outside the ground in the large Victorian pavilion-type building in the nearby car park.

New housing developments seem to be encroaching from all directions, with the unaccessible far end hard-up against a mass of Barratt houses. Some luxury flats at the near end may well offer their residents some fantastic views of action on the pitch, but look suspiciously like Nimby territory (though the large clock high up on one house looking across the ground seems to be there specifically for the benefit of those at the football - shame it doesn't work, but it has at least stopped at 3o'clock).

On the pitch, the first-half was an excellent showing from both sides, though after the break it all sort of fell on its arse a bit.

Farnham is a very pleasant town scarred by awful traffic congestion. Pubs, however, are top-notch. Best of the bunch is The Jolly Sailor, opposite the ground with no less than nine real ales from across Surrey and Hampshire (despite being part of the Greene King stable) and named CAMRA's Hants/Surrey Borders pub of the year for 2015. And just few doors further up the road, opposite the back gate to the ground, is a Shepherd Neame pub called The Plough.

Digdagdog
First Team Regular

Jun 24, 2018, 12:27 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #6 of 7 (1507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Farnham Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks all for your help. I'll wing it on the day and there's always Waitrose car park which is Pay & Disply and a 7 minute walk if all else fails

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Jun 27, 2018, 1:17 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #7 of 7 (1126 views)
Shortcut

...and this is what I put on WDYG in Jan 2018 - whether things have changed since, or what they'll do for a PSF, is another question. People at the club are very helpful in this respect, so maybe try phoning them?

'The Memorial Ground looks a bit forlorn at the moment, as reported by others - the Memorial Hall is currently in the middle of a building site (more houses) so that side of the ground is pretty closed off, although dugouts and a standing area are still accessible. Access is through the other end, car park and comfortable clubhouse with path through to a narrow entrance. Portakabins on this side form the changing facilities. One end has pretty much nothing in it, the other end still has the famous slope and seated area. The Millenium Centre car park, next to the building site, is currently available for match days'.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Jun 27, 2018, 1:19 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3