Hellenic League 2018/2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

https://www.hellenicleague.co.uk/club_news/hellenic.html

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 23, 2018, 12:23 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #2 of 100 (30451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oxford Stone] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hellenic League Premier Division:

Abingdon United
Ardley United (Promoted from HL1W)
Ascot United
Binfield
Bishops Cleeve (Relegated from SL1W)
Brackley Town Saints
Brimscombe & Thrupp
Fairford Town
Flackwell Heath
Reading City (formerly Highmoor Ibis)
Holmer Green (lateral move from Spartan SML)
Longlevens
Lydney Town
Oxford City Nomads
Royal Wootton Bassett Town
Shrivenham (Promoted from HL1W)
Tuffley Rovers
Virginia Water (Promoted from HL1E)
Wantage Town
Windsor

Division One East:

Abingdon Town (Promoted from HL2E)
AFC Aldermaston
Burnham (Relegated from HPL)
Chalvey Sports (Promoted from HL2E)
Chinnor
Didcot Town Reserves
Henley Town
Holyport
Milton United
Penn & Tylers Green
Thame Youth
Wallingford Town
Wokingham & Emmbrook
Woodley United (Relegated from HLP)

Division One West:

Almondsbury (lateral move from Western L1)
Bicester Town (lateral move from HL1E)
Carterton (Promoted from HL2W)
Cheltenham Saracens
Cirencester Town Development
Clanfield 85
Easington Sports
Kidlington Reserves
Malmesbury Victoria (lateral move from Western L1)
New College Swindon
North Leigh United
Pewsey Vale
Thornbury Town
Tytherington Rocks

I'm glad to see Ardley United back up in the Premier Division - they've always seemed to be a hardworking club, and have a history of playing some of the best football in the Hellenic. And Abingdon Town moving up a step is gladdening to see, too. I'm looking forward to seeing more Hellenic matches next season.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 23, 2018, 12:31 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #3 of 100 (30440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Newent have been accepted into division 1 west since that provisional constitution was released. There may be more changes too, while there has also been some confusion about Henley's inclusion and whether it was a mistake!

ComradeBT
Youth Team Star

Jun 23, 2018, 9:49 AM

Team(s): WWFC; WFC

Post #4 of 100 (30044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Any news on the Division Two allocation of clubs for next season in the Hellenic?

ComradeBT
-- Non-League football club founder.

490 different football grounds visited. Last out:

Oakfield Stadium - Melksham Town 1-4 Winchester City
Att: 470

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 23, 2018, 12:41 PM

Post #5 of 100 (29799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Isn't Thornbury also a promoted club?

paulh66

Jun 30, 2018, 3:12 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #6 of 100 (28647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chalvey Sports have tweeted the draft constitution for Division 2 East, which I assume is what'll be up for approval at the forthcoming AGM:

Aston Clinton
Chalfont Wasps
Chalvey Sports Res
Chinnor (presumably reserves)
Langley
Long Crendon
Old Bradwell Utd Dev
Penn & Tylers Green (presumably reserves)
Risborough Rang Dev
Stokenchurch
Taplow United
Thatcham Town (presumably reserves)
Virginia Water Dev
Wallingford Town (presumably reserves)
Yateley

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jun 30, 2018, 3:46 PM)

paulh66

Jun 30, 2018, 3:45 PM

Post #7 of 100 (28612 views)
Shortcut

Division One East:

Abingdon Town (Promoted from HL2E)
AFC Aldermaston
Burnham (Relegated from HPL)
Chalvey Sports (Promoted from HL2E)
Chinnor
Didcot Town Reserves
Henley Town
Holyport
Milton United
Penn & Tylers Green
Thame Youth
Wallingford Town
Wokingham & Emmbrook
Woodley United (Relegated from HLP)

Chalvey have today tweeted a revised constitution for 1 East which now includes Bicester but not Henley. Still 14 teams.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jun 30, 2018, 3:47 PM)

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 6, 2018, 12:09 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #8 of 100 (27700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Hellenic League have asked for a meeting with the FA & are waiting for the FA to organise a date. I believe they have a lot of questions to put to the FA.

Tim

Jul 6, 2018, 12:58 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #9 of 100 (27627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is now a line up on Full Time. No sign of Oxford City Nomads; Old Bradwell United are listed in Division 2 East - might be their reserves, but I reckon it is the same level as their first team; Langley, Taplow United and Yateley United are also in that division. Aston Clinton are called Development, which seems a bit odd. Adderbury Park are in Division 2 West.

One wonders if this is still a work in progress....

Sarumio

Jul 6, 2018, 1:44 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #10 of 100 (27554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There is now a line up on Full Time. No sign of Oxford City Nomads; Old Bradwell United are listed in Division 2 East - might be their reserves, but I reckon it is the same level as their first team; Langley, Taplow United and Yateley United are also in that division. Aston Clinton are called Development, which seems a bit odd. Adderbury Park are in Division 2 West.

The Hellenic Division Twos are not at Step 7. They have not had that status bestowed upon them by the FA. That may seem illogical, but its the fact all the same.

Therefore without that designation at present, threy're effectively Steo 8 divisions...or just divisions without a designated level. Kind of floaty divisions that haven't been tied down!

If the divisions had Steo 7 status Old Bradwell United Reserves (and of course Aston Clinton's second string) would not be allowed to play in the division, as their first team also plays at that level over in the SSML Div Two.

Their reserves were in the North Bucks & District League last season, and resigned at the end of the season, noted in the NB&DL league management minutes, so mystery solved as to where they have gone!

Tim

Jul 6, 2018, 1:48 PM

Post #11 of 100 (27544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I understand what you are saying. But how have Newent Town managed to bypass the County League in order to move from a notional Step 8 to Step 6? I foresee more internal promotions......

Sarumio

Jul 6, 2018, 2:06 PM

Post #12 of 100 (27519 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I understand what you are saying. But how have Newent Town managed to bypass the County League in order to move from a notional Step 8 to Step 6? I foresee more internal promotions......

Same way that Carterton, Abingdon Town and Chalvey all bypassed their Step 7 competitions I guess!

The Hellenic would have taken anybody from anywhere and the FA would have allowed it, because the league's middle name begins with a D and rhymes with.....Lesperation and the FA's attitude towards the league is unfathomable!! They even tried to include Henley Town, a club who's first team don't even exist!

paulh66

Jul 6, 2018, 2:06 PM

Post #13 of 100 (27519 views)
Shortcut

Oxford City Nomads also withdrawn from the Vase.

Tim

Jul 6, 2018, 2:10 PM

Post #14 of 100 (27508 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

19 team division: spreadsheets messed up and cue apoplexy at FA Mission Control. Stick Fleet Town in quick...

paulh66

Jul 6, 2018, 2:16 PM

Post #15 of 100 (27498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
There is now a line up on Full Time. ....Old Bradwell United are listed in Division 2 East - might be their reserves, but I reckon it is the same level as their first team;

If the divisions had Steo 7 status Old Bradwell United Reserves (and of course Aston Clinton's second string) would not be allowed to play in the division, as their first team also plays at that level over in the SSML Div Two.

Their reserves were in the North Bucks & District League last season, and resigned at the end of the season, noted in the NB&DL league management minutes, so mystery solved as to where they have gone!

Re OBU, it'll be their development team - see post #6, which I lifted from the document Chalvey tweeted.

I reckon what's now on fulltime are the constitutions which are being put forward for approval at Sunday's AGM.

Sarumio

Jul 6, 2018, 2:35 PM

Post #16 of 100 (27475 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
There is now a line up on Full Time. ....Old Bradwell United are listed in Division 2 East - might be their reserves, but I reckon it is the same level as their first team;

Re OBU, it'll be their development team - see post #6, which I lifted from the document Chalvey tweeted.

I reckon what's now on fulltime are the constitutions which are being put forward for approval at Sunday's AGM.

Reserves, Development, I really don't care what they are calling themselves - ita all amounts to the same and its OBU's second team, and its the team that was in the North Bucks & District League last season.

paulh66

Jul 6, 2018, 2:43 PM

Post #17 of 100 (27460 views)
Shortcut

Simply helping to clarify an uncertainty for the readership.

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Jul 6, 2018, 5:44 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #18 of 100 (27295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The Hellenic League have asked for a meeting with the FA & are waiting for the FA to organise a date. I believe they have a lot of questions to put to the FA.

Any idea of what these questions are or relate to Windy ?

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 6, 2018, 5:56 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #19 of 100 (27259 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Has actually happened quite a lot in the last few years.
It will get less and less because there will no longer be room for clubs from outside the NLS to start at step 6.
But there still a fair amount of room in the Hellenic League.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 6, 2018, 6:13 PM

Post #20 of 100 (27232 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

19 team division: spreadsheets messed up and cue apoplexy at FA Mission Control. Stick Fleet Town in quick...

Too late for that.
They have accepted the decision bestowed upon them.

Dudley_BTFC
Youth Team Sub

Jul 6, 2018, 11:07 PM

Team(s): Manchester United, Bracknell Town

Post #21 of 100 (26977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Might they offer Woodley United a reprieve to run a 20 team Premier Division?

Not sure if Woodley would accept but they (finished second bottom) are next in line for a reprieve.

windydcfc

Jul 7, 2018, 12:08 AM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #22 of 100 (26921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I don’t know the specific questions, but the fact that they’ve been left with 2 leagues of 14 & the FA can create 2 new leagues & can fill them. Will be close to the top! I understand the list is quite extensive thoughLaugh

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 7, 2018, 6:47 AM

Post #23 of 100 (26848 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I don’t know the specific questions, but the fact that they’ve been left with 2 leagues of 14 & the FA can create 2 new leagues & can fill them. Will be close to the top! I understand the list is quite extensive thoughLaugh

Maybe stress maybe the FALC wanted to go to one division at step 6 in spite of the distance involved.
The Hellenic did not like that and an agreement could not be reached.
Resulting in no real effort to alter anything in that area.

DJM61
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 7, 2018, 8:57 AM

Post #24 of 100 (26757 views)
Shortcut

Langley are playing homes games at Holyport in Division Two East

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 7, 2018, 9:11 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #25 of 100 (26736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Hellenic League 2018/2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can think of a number of issues that the Hellenic might want to discuss with the FA
  1. Allowing non-compliant clubs into Step 6 (FA sure to say no, as it would cause a precedent for other parts of the country_
  2. Whether the step 6 division should consolidate into a single divison, losing clubs from the periphery. It seems the league are against this, but I wonder what the clubs in the centre of the area think? The league is currently split around Oxford.
  3. The refusal to allow in the Herefordshire clubs. Never a possibility at a late stage, but possible en-masse if two divisions are kept.
  4. The status of Division 2. I guess the Hellenic would like these to be official step 7, but letting in teams associated with Step 7 clubs does not help the argument

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3