Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Liverpool County Premier League 2018-19

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 30, 2018, 12:43 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #26 of 42 (22895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jimbo] Liverpool County Premier League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Widnes story was covered on here: https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/...est=260872872#426190.

Also, in 2012, an outfit called Widnes Town applied for the NWC. Stephen Vaughan was involved with them, presumably a spin-off of his involvement with Widnes RLFC which I think was around that time. Their application was either rejected or withdrawn, and I'm not sure if they're the same club that played 2012/13 in the West Cheshire League. As far as I know, the current Widnes club - which entered the NWC a year later - is an entirely separate venture to the one Vaughan was involved with.

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 30, 2018, 2:42 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #27 of 42 (22844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonsm] Liverpool County Premier League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Interesting... the original Widnes name was "The Dragons" or maybe "Widnes Dragons" when they were in the youth leagues. Although I'm sure at the time it was complicated what happened - was there another Widnes team that were to be set up then The Dragons became Widnes Vikings instead... memory is hazy now.

But this seems a coincidence that a Widnes Dragons appears from nowhere - is it Widnes's reserves/3rds? Joining the I Zingari I guess is better than joining the Warrington League as they would have to start several divisions lower there I would have thought, and considering there is just one flimsy division in I Zingari it may be the best attempt to launch higher?

Widnes Dragons were in the Warrington & District League Division Two last season, running under the name of Widnes Development & Youth Open Age.

I'm still waiting for the Warrington & District League FullTime to update to 2018-19 so they might have moved leagues.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Aug 5, 2018, 2:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #28 of 42 (22643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Liverpool County Premier League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The LCPL Full-time page has been updated once again, with the Second Division growing to twelve sides. Mersey Harps appear alongside Finn Harps, whilst The Parky are also now present. The Parky competed within the league a couple of seasons back prior to withdrawing, whilst Mersey Harps draw their players from Irishmen living in the city.

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Aug 12, 2018, 10:48 PM

Team(s):

Post #29 of 42 (22442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Liverpool County Premier League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So now the Warrington League is out, Widnes Dragons and their Reserves are both playing in that league...

Checking the I Zingari... no sign of them now, nor the REMYCA team! There are now though 13 teams !!!

Most of these teams I have absolutely no idea about!!

AFC Wavertree
Checkemlads
Empress
FC Garston
FC Northern OA
Liverpool Homeless
Lute FC
MSB Woolton Manwell
MSB Woolton U21
Prescot Guild Hall
Red Rum
The Hares
Ullet Road Church

(This post was edited by simonsm on Aug 12, 2018, 10:51 PM)

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Aug 13, 2018, 11:24 AM

Team(s):

Post #30 of 42 (22340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonsm] Liverpool County Premier League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So now the Warrington League is out, Widnes Dragons and their Reserves are both playing in that league...

Checking the I Zingari... no sign of them now, nor the REMYCA team! There are now though 13 teams !!!

Most of these teams I have absolutely no idea about!!

AFC Wavertree
Checkemlads
Empress
FC Garston
FC Northern OA
Liverpool Homeless
Lute FC
MSB Woolton Manwell
MSB Woolton U21
Prescot Guild Hall
Red Rum
The Hares
Ullet Road Church

Looking good!

AFC Wavertree, Checkemlads and MSB Woolton each had sides competing last season in the LCFA Under-21 league. It would appear that they have now stepped up to open-age football. Information on that particular competition is scarce, but it only consisted of a small number of teams (including Finn Harps who have progressed to the County Premier League). My guess is that it might well have disbanded entirely, scattering its members.

Liverpool Homeless have been involved in small-sided football for a number of years. This will be their first foray into eleven-a-side.

Ullet Road Church are a side composed of refugees. They were founded earlier this year by an AFC Liverpool board-member.

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Aug 14, 2018, 11:56 AM

Team(s):

Post #31 of 42 (22189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jimbo] Liverpool County Premier League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Full-season fixtures for the I-Zingari have now been uploaded. The Hares have disappeared, leaving the league with twelve sides. Presumably they are expecting no further additions after this point, and the constitution can be taken as final.

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Aug 27, 2018, 7:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #32 of 42 (21939 views)
Shortcut

With fixtures starting this weekend, it appears as if the final constitution shall take this form:

Premier Division (14 teams)

AFC Liverpool Reserves
Alder
Alumni
Bankfield OB
BRNESC
Custy's
East Villa
Liverpool NALGO
MSB Woolton
Old Xaverians
South Sefton Borough
The Dock
Waterloo Dock
Waterloo GSOB

Division One (10 teams)

BRNESC Reserves
City of Liverpool Reserves
Edge Hill BCOB
FC Pilchy
Liver Academy
Lower Breck Reserves
Quarry Bank Old Boys
ROMA
The Eagle
Warbreck

Division Two (12 teams)

ACOL
AFC Kirkby
Botanic
Finn Harps
Liverpool Hibernia
Marshalls Roby
Mersey Harps
MSB Woolton Reserves
Old Xaverians Reserves
Red Rum
Stoneycroft
The Parky

The Eagle, parachuted into Division One, are the only addition not so far discussed. Other than the fact that they are to play at the William Collins Ground, there is very little information available on them - or why they have been placed where they have.

For the sake of completeness, the bumper 12-team I Zingari Combination:

AFC Wavertree
Checkemlads
Empress
FC Garston
FC Northern
Liverpool Homeless
Lute
MSB Woolton Manwell
MSB Woolton U-21
Prescot Guild Hall
Red Rum
Ullet Road Church Rebels

(This post was edited by Jimbo on Aug 27, 2018, 7:33 PM)

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Aug 31, 2018, 8:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #33 of 42 (21634 views)
Shortcut

Turns out that I spoke too soon. A side simply called Hares have now been placed within Division One. There is little information available concerning their background, other than that they were listed briefly as members of the I Zingari Combination earlier during the close-season. A Sunday club of the same name exists in Skelmersdale, but any connection would at this stage be speculative.

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Sep 23, 2018, 4:21 PM

Team(s):

Post #34 of 42 (21342 views)
Shortcut

South Sefton Borough have not honoured any of their fixtures up to this point. Their match scheduled for this coming Saturday is listed as "postponed", and furthermore a Challenge Cup tie (6th October) has been awarded to the opposition.

Things are not looking promising. There is little to go off from social media, aside from a tweet issued by an official from Dock/Waterloo Dock - who seems to hate nothing more than Liverpool-based sides switching across to the West Cheshire League - branding them "defectors".

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Oct 13, 2018, 8:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #35 of 42 (15432 views)
Shortcut

From 1st Division, Quarry Bank Old Boys have resigned from the league following an abandonment against Pilkington last weekend. It was a Liverpool Challenge Cup 2nd Round match against a side from the Cheshire League.

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/...xture.do?id=18884562

Don't know what happened in that game, but apparently the Liverpool County League were going to expel them from the league so they pulled out first.

They had won their opening 3 league games.

I think their Liverpool Old Boys League side (Reserves) is unaffected, and they were due to host St Margaret's OB today. No news of how that finished yet... EDIT... It finished Quarry Bank OB Res 6 St Margaret's OB 5

(This post was edited by simonsm on Oct 14, 2018, 1:17 AM)

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Nov 1, 2018, 11:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #36 of 42 (14426 views)
Shortcut

Warbreck have gone from Div 1 after losing 9-0 to ROMA in a Cup game on Sat, and 3 league games without a point.

A tweet from City Of Liverpool Reserves suggests that The Eagle will be leaving also, putting the division down to 8

https://twitter.com/.../1057963631969796097

"8 teams left in our division with warbreck leaving the league and eagle getting kicked out after last weekend behaviour points lost for us"

The Eagle had lost 3-2 to City of Liverpool Reserves in a Cup game on Saturday.

(This post was edited by simonsm on Nov 1, 2018, 11:11 PM)

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Nov 16, 2018, 1:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #37 of 42 (13996 views)
Shortcut

The Eagle's expulsion is now confirmed, leaving a mere 33 teams within the competition. It is going to be increasingly difficult to justify running three divisions if current trends continue over the next couple of seasons.

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Dec 5, 2018, 12:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #38 of 42 (11582 views)
Shortcut

The Parky have now departed from Division Two, leaving it with 11 sides.

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Apr 20, 2019, 7:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #39 of 42 (1785 views)
Shortcut

AFC Kirkby have withdrawn from the Second Division. The handful of remaining fixtures have been awarded to their opponents.

BDA_85
First Team Regular

May 8, 2019, 12:58 PM

Post #40 of 42 (1176 views)
Shortcut

Liverpool County Premier League Division One

On 27th April 2019 ROMA v BRNESC Reserves was postponed. There are no notes on NLM or the Full time website providing any further details. Is anyone able to advise further, so that the 2018/19 season can be closed off please?

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

May 8, 2019, 7:46 PM

Team(s):

Post #41 of 42 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Liverpool County Premier League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

On 27th April 2019 ROMA v BRNESC Reserves was postponed. There are no notes on NLM or the Full time website providing any further details. Is anyone able to advise further, so that the 2018/19 season can be closed off please?

Fixture has now been rearranged for 18th May.

BDA_85
First Team Regular

May 9, 2019, 9:38 AM

Post #42 of 42 (755 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Fixture has now been rearranged for 18th May.

Thanks Jimbo. Received a response from the Fixture Secretary & Referee Appointment Officer shortly after I emailed him. Seems emailling league officials isn't a complete waste of time, as I used to believe.

(This post was edited by BDA_85 on May 9, 2019, 9:39 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3