Barbie
First Team Sub

Jun 16, 2018, 2:04 PM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #1 of 4 (1624 views)
Shortcut
Friday 15th June Can't Post or Reply Privately

Langney Wanderers Vets (1) 3 v 3 (1) Hailsham Town Vets
Priory Lane, Eastbourne. Free & no. Tea bar open. Att. 14 at kick off, fluctuated over the course of the evening.
This was, apparently, the last league game, though I've been unable to ascertain what league.
I overheard that Langney needed to win by 6 clear goals to deny Hailsham the title (though have no idea if this was true).
Certainly, Langney had an array of Sussex League stars of the last 20 years (it was suggested they were packed with ringers).
Langney certainly looked the stronger, man for man, but played like a bunch of strangers - the final ball going constantly awry. They finally took the lead from a corner and then set about an onslaught for the rest of the half that inevitably ended with a breakaway goal for Hailsham just before the break. A goalkeeping error and a 2 on 1 break gave Hailsham a surprise 3-1 lead early in the second half, before a super strike from a narrow angle and the softest of penalties allowed Langney to draw level after 70 minutes.
In spite of much endeavour, this proved an end to the scoring.
By the end of the evening, I found myself shivering uncontrollably and had to sit in the car with the heater on full blast to defrost!

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 17, 2018, 12:32 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 4 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] Friday 15th June [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Virsliga.

Riga FC 1 Jelgava 0.

In 5 Euros.
Paper-None
Att 300.
Lielvardesez 2.50 Euros.

Riga won this won with a goal midway through the second half in an uninspiring fixture. Game was played at the international stadium (capacity 10k) a strange venue which is 3 sided and has 2 stands split by skonto hall in the corner of the ground. A friendly bunch of fans and though no programme was done the club produce a few bits on the souvenir front which was good.

Andrew H
Junior Team Regular

Jun 20, 2018, 2:28 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #3 of 4 (866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] Friday 15th June [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Langney Wanderers Vets (1) 3 v 3 (1) Hailsham Town Vets
Priory Lane, Eastbourne. Free & no. Tea bar open. Att. 14 at kick off, fluctuated over the course of the evening.
This was, apparently, the last league game, though I've been unable to ascertain what league.
I overheard that Langney needed to win by 6 clear goals to deny Hailsham the title (though have no idea if this was true).

Eastbourne Veteran's League. 6 clubs this season, we, Hailsham Town, played 2 at home ( Bexhill Town & Eastbourne Town), 3 away ( Polegate Town, Sidley United & Langney Wanderers) and had one side unable to raise a side ( Peche Hill). Games mainly played on a Sunday afternoon, one a month.

Top 2 in this league play off for the trophy. Will be a repeat of last year's Final in which Hailsham beat Eastbourne Town 3-2. Some when some where. Was told a while ago it may be a pre season game.
Not an easy competition to get the fixture's for. Eastbourne FA don't have a website and their social media is not great. The clubs involved do not always advertise them either.

Barbie
First Team Sub

Jun 20, 2018, 8:13 PM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #4 of 4 (748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrew H] Friday 15th June [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks Andrew. That makes it all a bit clearer.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3