Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
FA statement on future pyramid

First page Previous page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 22, 2019, 8:14 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #526 of 531 (1297 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] FA statement on future pyramid [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On the count, I corrected my spreadsheet, and am now in line
I make it that at Step 5, where the compliment should be 14 divisions of 20 teams, there are three leagues (Western, Spartan South Midland and Combined Counties) at 21 and 2 (Essex, Hellenic) at 19.
At Step 6, no one goes over the 20 and the 14 spaces are created from West Midlands (18 clubs), Eastern 1 South (19), Southern Counties East (17), Southern Combination (18), Hellenic West (16) and Hellenic East (18)

I am willing to bet the perfect pyramid turns out to be imperfect and we do not get 20 clubs in every step 5 and 6 division for 2020-21

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 22, 2019, 8:49 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #527 of 531 (1242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] FA statement on future pyramid [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes i do not think you would lose any money betting on that.

Cris
Youth Team Star

Jun 22, 2019, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Bromsgrove Sporting

Post #528 of 531 (1047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ramblingrover] FA statement on future pyramid [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Absolutely. It's always been a broad church on here and all the better for it. Reasoned discussion will always find an audience, the more the merrier, even if we can't all be perfect! Wink

Putting Rules and Regulations to one side.
Do you think it is fair and reasonable to restrict the step7 leagues to promoting just one club each. WMRL excluded for some reason.
However the Hellenic divisions two East and West promote two each when they are not even part of the NLS.

When the KIL and Eastern Senior Leagues were created it was stated at the outset that they would be treated as a special case. The same applied to the changes in the South West Peninsular region.

The only people who can answer why the Hellenic League suddenly became a special case are the FALC themselves.
They must be aware that this has ruffled a few feathers but they just carry on as if nothing unusual has happened.
Its basically unfair. Clarity is required.

After next season when we should see relegation from step 6 more regularly I see no reason not to allow 2 per league for step 7 promotions.

There would be a fixed total number of promotions per season (34) and the lower placed team in a league would only be promoted after all step 7 league "winners" have been moved up.

Order of precedence being

(a) Highest placed eligible sides in steo 7 leagues on a PPG basis.
(b) Second placed eligible sides on a PPG basis.
(c) Reprieves on PPG basis.

If there are then vacancies at step 6 these should be filled by the next side on the list above. With the caveat that the FA when filling vacancies should have discretion to use the best geographically appropriate candidate to fill a vacancy if too many clubs would be significantly affected by simply taking the next team on the list,

I donít think geography should be a consideration other than possible the NE and Devon/Cornwall. Promotion should not be easier in some places than others. Leagues should be located where the clubs are, not the other way around.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 22, 2019, 12:51 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #529 of 531 (928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] FA statement on future pyramid [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Putting Rules and Regulations to one side.
Do you think it is fair and reasonable to restrict the step7 leagues to promoting just one club each. WMRL excluded for some reason.
However the Hellenic divisions two East and West promote two each when they are not even part of the NLS.

When the KIL and Eastern Senior Leagues were created it was stated at the outset that they would be treated as a special case. The same applied to the changes in the South West Peninsular region.

The only people who can answer why the Hellenic League suddenly became a special case are the FALC themselves.
They must be aware that this has ruffled a few feathers but they just carry on as if nothing unusual has happened.
Its basically unfair. Clarity is required.

This is thread about the future but it is going to be exactly the same as the past until they learn to explain contentious decisions to the wider public.

My overall conclusions on the fairness of this situation, which touch on your query and many of the other points raised on here today, are in #497 here https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;. A couple of additional thoughts in response to your comments....

Looking to the future, the only ruffled feathers I'd be bothered about would be if this decision posed a threat to the step 7 leagues in Hellenic territory, or somehow compromised the opportunities for clubs within those step 7 leagues to move up. I don't believe it will. In my opinion, once we've finally transitioned through phase 2 of the restructuring in a year's time, the Hellenic will run no more than one step 6 league (and possibly none) and its division 2 will consist of reserve teams and clubs who aren't bothered about being part of the NLS. From what the Hellenic itself has said, I don't see that the FA has any appetite to undermine its step 7s, and successful applications from outside the NLS will be few and far between.

Communication is important and I agree, at the moment it's falling short, although it does only need to be proportionate. For Joe Public I think it'd be good if the FA issued a communication piece addressing, in summary form, how it approached all NLS movements this summer, perhaps with added focus on the basis of the more contentious or confusing decisions. Perhaps an interview in the NLP, in preparation for which the NLP might wish to invite questions from the public.

However, to me what's most important from a communication angle is that the clubs and the leagues are being kept fully informed of the detail. No idea if or how well that's happening, and whether any failings occurring are at either the 'transmit' or the 'receive' end of things! I also think the leagues themselves have a very important role to play in properly disseminating information from the FA to the clubs and to the wider public; at the moment, some are better than others in that regard.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jun 22, 2019, 1:23 PM)

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 22, 2019, 1:57 PM

Post #530 of 531 (819 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
From the Hellenic Division Two, I am not certain what the facilities at Headington Amateurs now are, or whether this has Step 6 potential. When originally planned, they were supposed to have a ground suited to the higher level
I have been to all the other first teams, except Stokenchurch and do not think any are liable to reach Step 6 grading on their current grounds.

Do we even know who will be the clubs in the Hellenic Division Two divisions yet?

Jim Shortwood
Junior Team Sub

Jun 23, 2019, 8:30 AM

Post #531 of 531 (475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] FA statement on future pyramid [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Hellenic AGM is next Sunday and the make up of the divisions will be agreed then. From what I am reading there are enough applications for there to be 3 regional divisions.

First page Previous page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3