Andy Biddle (Sutton Coldfield Town)

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 15, 2018, 5:39 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #1 of 2 (1433 views)
Shortcut
Andy Biddle (Sutton Coldfield Town) Can't Post or Reply Privately

This was a bit of a shock, seeing as I was at school with "Bids". Worrying when people the same age as me are leaving us, because I don't consider myself as old.

Anyway, I was aware of his talent from the age of about 10. It was thought back then that he could have made it as a pro, but maybe his lack of inches went against him, and SCT was the height of his footballing success. RIP Bids.

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/...ng-of-a-legend-51208

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member! / Moderator

Jun 17, 2018, 12:05 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 2 (1168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Andy Biddle (Sutton Coldfield Town) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sutton Coldfield Town are mourning the passing of a Royals legend.

The Royals, who are leaving the Northern Premier League this summer for the new Midlands Division at Step 3, sent their condolences to the friends and family of Andy Biddle after learning of his passing after a short illness.

Second in the club's all time hall of fame having racked up up 496 appearances in the 1990s, officials at Coles Lane say the all rounder suffered a heart attack this week before passing away on Friday 8th June 2018.

"Andy or 'Bids' as he was affectionately known was a true Sutton Coldfield sportsman whether it be playing football or cricket. He was a member of the very successful Royals team of the early 1990s and played in the famous tie in the First Round of the F.A. Cup at Bolton Wanderers in which we played magnificently in losing 2-1 in controversial circumstances.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3