RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 25, 2018, 9:31 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #101 of 128 (2317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TroubleAtMill] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A sad day for boxing. Basingstoke's former British Super Middleweight champion Dean Francis has also died aged just 44. He had been suffering from cancer for the past year.

007Dale
First Team Regular

May 29, 2018, 6:13 AM

Post #102 of 128 (2170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For anyone that has seen an Australian soap in the past 40 years - Liverpool born Cornelia Francis, of Young Doctors, Sons & Daughters and Home & Away fame has died aged 77.

Trevor P
First Team Star

May 29, 2018, 7:52 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #103 of 128 (2067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

American "tough guy" actor Clint Walker has died at the age of 90. He will be best remembered for his portrayal of Cheyenne Bodie in the 1950's TV Western series "Cheyenne". Big, mean and moody and always a winner when it came to a fight against the baddies he came across wherever he found himself. Maybe the better known Clint picked up on some of his storylines!

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 6, 2018, 9:31 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #104 of 128 (1865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Television and film actor Glynn Edwards has died at the age of 87.

Best known for his part in 'Minder', where he played Dave at the Winchester Club...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwuZO6c32g

...he also played roles in 'The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin', 'Dixon Of Dock Green', 'The Professionals', 'The Avengers', 'Z Cars' and many other television shows. In film, he starred along side Michael Caine several times, in 'Get Carter', 'The Ipcress File' and 'Zulu'. And here he is alongside Garfield Morgan (best known as Haskins in 'The Sweeney')...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXVoVcZ7UwA

...selling those biscuits that always fall apart when within less than a metre of a cup of tea!

(This post was edited by oxpete on Jun 6, 2018, 9:50 PM)

greenwood
Youth Team Regular

Jun 6, 2018, 10:35 PM

Post #105 of 128 (1833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Television and film actor Glynn Edwards has died at the age of 87.

In film, he starred along side Michael Caine in 'Get Carter',

Wasn't he the bloke who was stabbed to death by Carter behind a bookmaker's shop? Rather an unconvincing death as the wound was a small one in the stomach. Even so, I believe the BBFC ordered minor edits to this scene at the time of the film's initial release in 1971, although these were later rescinded.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 7, 2018, 12:20 AM

Post #106 of 128 (1794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Denman, the horse which won the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 2008 and had a great rivalry with Kauto Star, has died at the age of 18.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 7, 2018, 6:40 AM

Post #107 of 128 (1744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nightclub owner Peter Stringfellow has died aged 77.

greenwood
Youth Team Regular

Jun 7, 2018, 7:42 PM

Post #108 of 128 (1593 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Denman, the horse which won the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 2008 and had a great rivalry with Kauto Star, has died at the age of 18.

Some people might consider horses to be celebrities (Caligula made his horse a senator, or something like that anyway) but I think this particular item should be in the 'Other Sports' section of this forum.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 8, 2018, 9:17 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #109 of 128 (1519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Could Denman and Peter Stringfellow have been the same person? Did anyone ever see them together? With his magnificent mane Denman would have been an ideal nightclub owner. Smile

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 8, 2018, 8:58 PM

Post #110 of 128 (1404 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Some people might consider horses to be celebrities (Caligula made his horse a senator, or something like that anyway) but I think this particular item should be in the 'Other Sports' section of this forum.

I thought he made his horse a consul. Happy to stand corrected though.

0-0-1-0-5-24-30-66-181-280=587

80%

Last game: Sat/5/5/18
Rotherham United 1 Blackpool 0

jon b
First Team Star

Jun 8, 2018, 11:46 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #111 of 128 (1365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Could Denman and Peter Stringfellow have been the same person? Did anyone ever see them together? With his magnificent mane Denman would have been an ideal nightclub owner. Smile

Denman was a gelding, whereas Stringfellow, I understand, was put out to stud.

noprogs
First Team Regular

Jun 12, 2018, 9:19 AM

Team(s):

Post #112 of 128 (1241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Danny Kirwan
Guitarist in the earlier, some would say better, incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

Tim

Jun 12, 2018, 10:46 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #113 of 128 (1219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Jon Hiseman, drummer in Colosseum and Tempest.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Jun 12, 2018, 4:08 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #114 of 128 (1116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Reminds me of a couple of good gigs seen during the summer of 1968 at Torquay Town Hall. Fleetwood Mac in July (a month before Danny Kirwan signed up) featuring Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, John McVie & Mick Fleetwood. Hands up those of you who remember what a great track "I Need Your Love So Bad" was! Then in August it was John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with JM leading Mick Taylor, Stephen Thompson & Jon Hiseman. Whoever was in charge of bookings back then must surely have loved the blues!

BigJR
Reserve Team Star

Jun 13, 2018, 4:18 PM

Team(s): Chelsea, Dorking FC. Dorking Ladies

Post #115 of 128 (927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Reminds me of a couple of good gigs seen during the summer of 1968 at Torquay Town Hall. Fleetwood Mac in July (a month before Danny Kirwan signed up) featuring Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, John McVie & Mick Fleetwood. Hands up those of you who remember what a great track "I Need Your Love So Bad" was! Then in August it was John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with JM leading Mick Taylor, Stephen Thompson & Jon Hiseman. Whoever was in charge of bookings back then must surely have loved the blues!

Saw them at Dorking Halls way back then. I still have the original vinal disc.

What ever happened to decent music ?

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Jun 13, 2018, 6:14 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #116 of 128 (900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BigJR] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Simon Cowell

jrev61

Jun 13, 2018, 8:26 PM

Team(s): None

Post #117 of 128 (851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Simon Cowell

Not sure Simon Cowell can be held responsible for (c)rap music, repetitive dance music or Ed Sheeran.Smile

pitch 63
First Team Star

Jun 13, 2018, 9:01 PM

Post #118 of 128 (837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Simon Cowell

Having seen your two word post "Simon Cowell", and not having initially read the rest of the post I found that my hopes that Simon Cowell had passed were sadly denied.

PaulC

Jun 14, 2018, 8:36 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #119 of 128 (729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pitch 63] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Simon Cowell

Having seen your two word post "Simon Cowell", and not having initially read the rest of the post I found that my hopes that Simon Cowell had passed were sadly denied.

You're not alone in your disappointment.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 14, 2018, 11:36 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #120 of 128 (578 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Simon Cowell

There's still plenty of good music out there, as there always was; you just need to look harder perhaps.
The Good Old Days you refer to still saw "artists" like Jonathan King, Val Doonican and Tiny Tim top the charts - in fact any old TOTP from the Golden Age still features more shite than decent stuff....

Barbie
First Team Sub

Jun 15, 2018, 11:58 AM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #121 of 128 (497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'd sooner listen to 'Johnnie Reggae', 'Paddy McGinty's Goat', and 'Tiptoe Through The Tulips' anyday. Lob in Roger Whittaker for good measure.
Today, the mainstream media is so dominated by the inane, samey, trash.

007Dale
First Team Regular

Jun 15, 2018, 1:00 PM

Post #122 of 128 (467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leslie Grantham has died aged 71

Ropemaker

Jun 15, 2018, 1:01 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #123 of 128 (466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leslie Grantham, Dirty Den in Eastenders, has died aged 71

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

BigJR
Reserve Team Star

Jun 15, 2018, 1:47 PM

Team(s): Chelsea, Dorking FC. Dorking Ladies

Post #124 of 128 (444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Regarding the death of Mr Grantham, it worries me when more people the same age as me and younger start thrusting of this mortal coil !

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 16, 2018, 8:08 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #125 of 128 (335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] RIP - Dead Celebrities 2018ots [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Leslie Grantham has died aged 71

Convicted murderer, hope he rots .

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3