9. Poulton Town [internal promotion]
10. Slyne with Hest
11. Southport Hesketh
12. Tempest United
13, Thornton Cleveleys
14. Turton
15. Vickerstown
16. Whitehaven

I count as a groundhop whatever I feel appropriate.

Reserves? Yes, why not?
Friendlies? No problem.
Bracketed ticks? Come on in, I say.

"I tried to organise freedom,
How Scandinavian of me!"

Smithy B
Junior Team Regular

Jun 13, 2018, 8:01 PM

Post #2 of 16 (18663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doktorb berske] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They will be replacing Garstang and Longridge who have now gone into the North West Counties Division One North.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 23, 2018, 8:03 AM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #3 of 16 (18120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Smithy B] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The other divisions are now on the league website -

Division 1
Askam United
CMB
Crooklands Casuals
Eagley
GSK Ulverston Rangers
Hawcoat Park
Kendal County
Leyland United (promoted)
Lostock St Gerard's
Lytham Town
Millom (promoted)
Milnthorpe Corinthians
Stoneclough
Wyre Villa

Division 2
Charnock Richard Res
Croston Sports
Dalton United
Furness Cavaliers
Furness Rovers
Galgate (new - from North Lancs & District League)
Garstang Res (from Reserve Division)
Horwich St Mary's (new - from Lancs Amateur League)
Kendal United
Ladybridge
Longridge Town Res (from Reserve Division)
Mill Hill St Peter's (relegated)
Walney Island

The following have all gone from the above divisions -

Fulwood Amateurs Res
Lostock St Gerard's Res
Thornton Cleveleys Res
Tempest United Res
Padiham Res
Euxton Villa Res

The Reserve Division has now split into North/South, and the constitutions of these have not yet been announced, so some or all of these teams may appear in either of these divisions.

Southerner
Junior Team Regular

Jun 29, 2018, 7:47 AM

Team(s): Barrow AFC

Post #4 of 16 (17493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ladybridge are missing from Division 2 on league website making for 12 teams not 13?

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 29, 2018, 3:39 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #5 of 16 (17308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southerner] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They were there when I made my original post, but have disappeared since then.

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 29, 2018, 5:03 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #6 of 16 (17266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The following have all gone from the above divisions -

Fulwood Amateurs Res
Lostock St Gerard's Res
Thornton Cleveleys Res
Tempest United Res
Padiham Res
Euxton Villa Res

The Reserve Division has now split into North/South, and the constitutions of these have not yet been announced, so some or all of these teams may appear in either of these divisions.

All of the above apart from Padiham Reserves are in Reserve Division One. I did think they had split the Reserves Division into North & South, but looks to be One and Two, with 12 teams in each.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 11, 2018, 9:04 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #7 of 16 (16386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Turton FC tweeting that Leyland United have been excluded from the WLL because of ongoing disciplinary issues. Leyland Utd have the right of appeal.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Dec 11, 2018, 9:06 PM)

Sarumio

Dec 12, 2018, 10:45 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #8 of 16 (16050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Personally I find this ridiculous and part of the deluded mentality of football leagues, that are seemingly unaware of (or actively ignore) the trend going on all around them and especially below them, if they are lucky enough to still have leagues below them.

Unless Leyland United players are going around attacking people with bats then the league should get real and do everything they can to help improve the situation, not actively punish and exclude them from their competition.

Because the current trend and recent history suggests they’ll find it bloody difficult to replace them!

I am sure they are not the ideal or model group of players and the maybe neither is the club or its ethos, but it’s a football club all the same, and they are become quite thin on the ground. Maybe best to threaten the club with automatic relegation come season’s end if things haven’t improved by a certain date or after x number more games. But outright exclusion. And especially (but not entirely relevant) for a side that’s actually doing well and challenging for promotion to Step 7.

To me football clubs are becoming akin to an endangered species. Years ago when there were plenty of them we’d have, without due issue killed off certain predators that come near our livestock or human settlement. Now some of these animals have become extremely rare, as a result we have had to come up with other ways, other than killing them, to keep them at bay.

I think leagues need to take a similar approach with Saturday mens’ 11-a-side football clubs and soften their approach. The hard-line used to not be a problem, if clubs didn’t stay in line, then any number of club would step in to replace them but now the pool is so much smaller, they’ve no option but to go the extra mile.

Sorry, just my view in light of the CoCo getting rid of AC London mid-season like they’re the most popular league in the country with hundreds of clubs just lining up to get in, whilst others around them fall, like poor St Francis Rangers this week.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 12, 2018, 1:18 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #9 of 16 (15944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A novel link between discipline and participation levels - soften the former to increase (or at least preserve) the latter. Can't think of another profession that's come up with such an idea, though I suppose it could be a solution to, say, the NHS staff shortage - simply bar fewer malpractising doctors!

Think you've got to look at the evidence. Does the evidence really support the view that the current approach to discipline is 'hard-line' and 'part of the deluded mentality of football leagues'? Or does it support the opposite view, namely that existing standards actually help maintain, or maybe don't even go far enough to maintain, existing participation levels? Anecdotal evidence from players and match officials usually points to the latter, though I'm sure the powers that be have far more evidence to hand than just that.

Not sure the AC London case helps your hypothesis. As you know, they were expelled by the league in the summer for just cause under due and proper process. Their appeal and counterclaim had to be considered and investigated by the FA, and it's that (particularly the investigation into the counterclaim) that, unavoidably, spilled over into the season. Obviously we now know that AC's appeal and counterclaim were totally lacking in merit, even to the point of using fabricated evidence, at which point the FA instructed the league to implement the decision it took in the summer. I doubt many are irked by this decision just because the league doesn't have 'hundreds of clubs lining up to get in'.

The one area where I think things could be improved is the system of fines. Not so much regarding disciplinary matters, but more so regarding procedural matters. For example, I'm guessing St Francis Rangers may end up with a standard fine for pulling out of the league during the season; if so, I'd find that extremely harsh and arguably counter-productive given the circumstances of their demise.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Dec 12, 2018, 3:36 PM)

Richard Rundle

Dec 12, 2018, 1:31 PM

Post #10 of 16 (15928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Do you not think the league will have done everything they can to try and help the club to improve the situation, including working with the County FA to help improve any on-field discipline issues?

I'm sure no league wants to expel a member club, particularly partway through the season, but if warnings and (presumably) fines don't act as a serious enough deterrent, then what can you do? The league has got to be equally responsible to all it's member clubs and if the sanction to expel is there, if the situation becomes irretrievable you've got to be able to use it.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 12, 2018, 2:03 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #11 of 16 (15897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I agree. And it's also the positive message it sends it to prospective member clubs of a league, not just its existing clubs.

I remember when the exodus of clubs from the Liverpool amateur leagues to the West Cheshire League started years ago. One of the (various) factors commonly cited was the levels of indiscipline in, say, the Liverpool County Comb compared to the West Chesh, even though both leagues were of a similar standard playing wise. So, back then, a perceived softly softly approach to discipline was actually counter productive to a league retaining its member clubs while, on the other hand, a league with better discipline was more able to entice clubs to join.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Dec 12, 2018, 2:09 PM)

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Dec 12, 2018, 3:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 16 (15844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I agree. And it's also the positive message it sends it to prospective member clubs of a league, not just its existing clubs.

I remember when the exodus of clubs from the Liverpool amateur leagues to the West Cheshire League started years ago. One of the (various) factors commonly cited was the levels of indiscipline in, say, the Liverpool County Comb compared to the West Chesh, even though both leagues were of a similar standard playing wise. So, back then, a perceived softly softly approach to discipline was actually counter productive to a league retaining its member clubs while, on the other hand, a league with better discipline was more able to entice clubs to join.

Enforcement within the Liverpool County Premier appears in some areas to have become even more lax within recent seasons. To illustrate its contrast in attitudes with the West Cheshire League, a decent example can be provided from the failure-to-fulfil situation which arose towards the end of last season. The LCPL refused to issue point deductions to offending teams, whereas the WCL docked fifteen from both Ashville and Heswall (relegating the latter). This appears to have been a new strategy from the LCPL, as these punishments were handed out as standard in years gone by. By all accounts, the league had looked to reduce the severity of fines and sanctions other areas. However, with two clubs having been expelled already this season owing to disciplinary issues, it looks as if a harder line might now be being taken.

kreader
Youth Team Sub

Dec 12, 2018, 6:38 PM

Team(s): Charnock Richard , Derby County

Post #13 of 16 (15668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jimbo] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As I understand it the clubs at a special meeting voted to throw them out. What must be taken into consideration is their lack of discipline extends over a number of seasons. The list of misdemeanors extends over a number of sides of A4 paper. The decision shows that clubs do not want to play them and is a democratic method of deciding their future. One player allegedly left recently because he was fed up of the constant fights either with opponents or BETWEEN THEMSELVES.
It is a pity because Leyland is a decent sized town and it will no longer have a football club representing it.

PaulC

Jan 6, 2019, 5:23 PM

Post #14 of 16 (7285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kreader] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From the League site.

Special General Meeting.
The West Lancashire Football League Management Committee called a Special General Meeting, which was held on Tuesday 11th December 2018 at the County Ground Leyland, and put to member clubs a report of the general behaviour of a member club Leyland United FC.

The league case was that Leyland United FC because of several unacceptable incidents since joining the league season 2012/13 and up to season 2018/19 their conduct had brought the league into disrepute.

Members present took a vote on whether Leyland United FC stay in the league or be excluded this was in the form of a ballot under Rule 9 and 12 of the league Constitution.
The out come of that ballot was 41 votes to exclude Leyland United FC from the league with 8 voting that they stayed with 1 vote showing a abstain.

From the 11th December 2018 Leyland United FC are no longer a member of the West Lancashire Football League.

H.J Brown
Hon General Secretary

PaulC

Jan 16, 2019, 10:13 PM

Post #15 of 16 (5404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] West Lancashire League 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leyland United’s appeal against exclusion from the WLL was heard last night.

They were unsuccessful.

Richard Rundle

Jan 27, 2019, 10:10 PM

Post #16 of 16 (4645 views)
Shortcut

GSK Ulverston Rangers seem to have dropped the "GSK"

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3