English teams in SPFL Irn Bru Challenge Cup Next Season

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Northumbrian
Youth Team Star

Aug 21, 2018, 7:01 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #51 of 60 (3922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sufc] English teams in SPFL Irn Bru Challenge Cup Next Season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
My team Sutton are away to Airdrie. As I have little idea on the quality of football north of the border can anyone give me an idea on our chances next month?
I have seen game highlights on their site, and they look decent.

Went to a pre-season friendly a about a month ago between Gateshead and Livingston. Finished 0-0 with Gateshead slightly on top for most of the game. Livingston did hit the post with 5 mins left. Hard to judge because only a PSF but general standard seemed about even. Id expect Airdrie vs. Sutton to be pretty close.

sufc
Junior Team Regular

Sep 11, 2018, 9:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #52 of 60 (3387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] English teams in SPFL Irn Bru Challenge Cup Next Season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

After a tough away game in Scotland we are now off to Ireland to play Bohemian in the next round. I have no idea on the strength of the Irish League! Any idea anyone?

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 11, 2018, 10:41 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #53 of 60 (3319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sufc] English teams in SPFL Irn Bru Challenge Cup Next Season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So envious.
Tonight we lost a friendly against a Heybridge side who didn't have enough shirts for their subs. Three days after going against a team who played with ten me for an hour

(This post was edited by ladderman on Sep 11, 2018, 10:42 PM)

frychip67
Junior Team Regular

Sep 19, 2018, 12:31 PM

Team(s): Fisher, Notts County Ladies RIP, Leyton Orient Women

Post #54 of 60 (2806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] English teams in SPFL Irn Bru Challenge Cup Next Season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking at the National League table, Wrexham could be one of the English representatives next season!

FAKER #1129
Fish 4 Aisleyne

Jim S
Youth Team Star

Sep 19, 2018, 4:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #55 of 60 (2602 views)
Shortcut

If I was a betting man, my money would be on Sutton. I would have the top Irish league on a par with National North/South.

sufc
Junior Team Regular

Sep 19, 2018, 4:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #56 of 60 (2579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jim S] English teams in SPFL Irn Bru Challenge Cup Next Season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We performed like a conference south team last night Frown

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Sep 19, 2018, 5:54 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #57 of 60 (2520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frychip67] English teams in SPFL Irn Bru Challenge Cup Next Season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looking at the National League table, Wrexham could be one of the English representatives next season!

where's Gareth when you need him?

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

sufc
Junior Team Regular

Oct 1, 2018, 2:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #58 of 60 (1832 views)
Shortcut

What is the standard of the Irish League?

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Oct 1, 2018, 3:08 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #59 of 60 (1785 views)
Shortcut

Irish League (NI) - 52nd. Between Gibraltar and Kosovo.
League of Ireland (ROI) - 37th. Between Albania and Finland.
SPFL (Sco) - 21st.

That's according to the UEFA co-efficients, so only a representation of how clubs have done in UEFA competitions. You'd have to put the LOI Premier on a par with the SPFL Championship, but the NIFL Premier a fair way below

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

sufc
Junior Team Regular

Oct 1, 2018, 4:11 PM

Team(s):

Post #60 of 60 (1747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] English teams in SPFL Irn Bru Challenge Cup Next Season [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Irish League (NI) - 52nd. Between Gibraltar and Kosovo.
League of Ireland (ROI) - 37th. Between Albania and Finland.
SPFL (Sco) - 21st.

That's according to the UEFA co-efficients, so only a representation of how clubs have done in UEFA competitions. You'd have to put the LOI Premier on a par with the SPFL Championship, but the NIFL Premier a fair way below.
***Thanks shimtoan
As my team Sutton are playing Bohemians - the form side in League of Ireland - they will do well to get a victory in Dublin on the 13th October.Crazy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3