Aircraft over Headingley

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jun 3, 2018, 9:57 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #1 of 15 (1777 views)
Shortcut
Aircraft over Headingley Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just as the last wicket fell at Headingley today a large aircraft flew over the ground, big two propeller job which looked as though it was going in to land. They showed it on tv at the time but I missed what was said.
Has anyone any information about it?

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 3, 2018, 11:57 PM

Post #2 of 15 (1741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Aircraft over Headingley [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One of these:

https://commercialaircraft.bombardier.com/en/q400/Technology.html

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jun 4, 2018, 8:37 AM

Post #3 of 15 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Aircraft over Headingley [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes that looks like it but it was not so colourful. Thank you.Laugh

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 4, 2018, 9:08 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #4 of 15 (1652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Aircraft over Headingley [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Probably not in Spicejet livery - I think they only operate in or close to India.
I am sure someone on here knows who flies them into Leeds/Bradford

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2018, 9:17 AM

Post #5 of 15 (1643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Aircraft over Headingley [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I chose that one simply because it was the best photo of the right size...

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Jun 4, 2018, 12:56 PM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #6 of 15 (1579 views)
Shortcut

Whilst taking in some excellent grapes and enjoying the cricket happy to confirm it a Dash Q400 in Fly(may)be livery. It just disappeared from view as the last wicket fell.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 4, 2018, 5:40 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #7 of 15 (1490 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Just as the last wicket fell at Headingley today a large aircraft flew over the ground, big two propeller job which looked as though it was going in to land. They showed it on tv at the time but I missed what was said.

"Look - an aeroplane!"

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 4, 2018, 8:33 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #8 of 15 (1418 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Bumble said something along the lines of "Yorkshire Airways. It flies out over The Wash,does a big circle and comes back again 'cos there's no point going anywhere. Stewardesses greet all passengers with "Ay Up"...etc

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jun 4, 2018, 8:40 PM

Post #9 of 15 (1415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Aircraft over Headingley [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheers lads, I can't remember seeing one of those before and TBH thought it was one belonging to the army or RAF.Laugh

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2018, 9:44 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #10 of 15 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Aircraft over Headingley [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Bumble said something along the lines of "Yorkshire Airways. It flies out over The Wash,does a big circle and comes back again 'cos there's no point going anywhere. Stewardesses greet all passengers with "Ay Up"...etc

Misquoting this sketch -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR9Zdgv2Kag

Cool

Richard Rundle

Jun 4, 2018, 9:44 PM

Post #11 of 15 (1369 views)
Shortcut

I flew in one of those a few months ago from Washington to Toronto. It was a little bit shaky on take-off compared to a normal commercial jet, but other than it was fine. The advantages include the fact they are so quiet that you can fly them into airports where jets wouldn't be permitted, such as Toronto City Centre (Billy Bishop Airport).

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2018, 9:45 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1368 views)
Shortcut

It was a surprise to me that turbo-prop passenger aircraft of this size are being built today. I thought the technology was now limited to small planes for internal use in small countries, especially those with lots of little islands with small airstrips.

The dimensions are odd as well, the length of the fuselage being accentuated by the short and straight wings. SAAB produces a similar model, the 2000.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 4, 2018, 9:47 PM

Post #13 of 15 (1363 views)
Shortcut

I often fly on one of these with Flybe - last time only 3 days ago. Very pleasant planes.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 4, 2018, 11:17 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #14 of 15 (1315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Aircraft over Headingley [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I often fly on one of these with Flybe - last time only 3 days ago. Very pleasant planes.

They are our usual Flybe craft from Birmingham to Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and Hannover. A bit rattly at take off and landing, otherwise fine.

KnowYourMarket

Jun 5, 2018, 11:02 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #15 of 15 (1162 views)
Shortcut

Frankfurt? Duesseldorf, Hannover, Stuttgart, Hamburg. Plus lots of internal UK flights.

I like them, you get more legroom than a jet. They're used a lot across the world.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Jun 5, 2018, 11:07 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3