Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Raynes Park FC

bee007
Junior Team Regular

May 28, 2018, 9:59 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2012 views)
Shortcut
Raynes Park FC Can't Post or Reply Privately

Help needed. When Raynes Park FC played at Taunton Avenue, did they have floodlights. I have been on google earth and the ground still seems to be there but I can't see any floodlights. Does anyone else play there now? Also, has any groundhopper or person that went there have any photos of how the ground was.. I believe that Raynes Park merged with Malden Vale and moved into Malden's ground.

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

May 29, 2018, 8:48 PM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #2 of 4 (1677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bee007] Raynes Park FC [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Having passed the ground 4 hours ago Wink I can confirm that the only floodlights are for a couple of small hockey pitchea and there have never been any on the football pitch. Raynes Park RFC and the local bowls club still play on the site, as well as cricket, but certainly no Saturday teams in the local Surrey SE Combination or Kingston and District Leagues, use it on a regular basis. I think the pitch is available for rent from LB Merton. The Old Wimbledonians (now and Donhead) ground is along side but, although rugby dominant, they have sufficient soccer pitches in their complex so their 11 a side players have no need to use Taunton Avenue either.

I often see boys' matches from the train but, unless Sunday Leagues use it, I know of no current men's sides there. Schools also use the pitches for cricket.

When I played darts in the Surbiton and District League a couple of teams, who had lost their home venues, used their clubhouse,and often football teams would use the 'gym' for training on the same night. They had fixtures and league tables on the notice board but I can't recall if it was just RPV who used it for their lesser teams.

I regret that I don't take photos of grounds so can't help there and the only programme I have was from a game played at Grand Drive, owing to the posts at Taunton Avenue being taken down for the cricket season. I don't believe they ever returned after that game. For those much sadder than me Angelic the road sign showing the current ground from Grand Drive still shows Malden Vale Football Club. To bore even more, although the pitch was overgrown during my last visit and the stand is boarded over the ground of the old local Combined Counties side, Malden Town is still there as is the pitch/changing rooms of Clarion from the same league, which still stages regular games.

bee007
Junior Team Regular

May 29, 2018, 9:22 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Main Drain Man] Raynes Park FC [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for the very comprehensive explanation.

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

May 29, 2018, 9:27 PM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #4 of 4 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bee007] Raynes Park FC [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My pleasure,hope it was of some help.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3