GDPR - Privacy Policy

steve walker
Administrator

May 24, 2018, 8:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 23 (28539 views)
Shortcut
     GDPR - Privacy Policy   or Reply Privately

Under the new (25 May 2018) General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) it is a requirement to have a site Privacy policy which tells you what information we collect about you and about your use of the website. Please read this carefully. By using the NLM site, which includes the forum and the main site (in other words all sections not including the forum) you agree to the terms of this Privacy Policy.

Personal Information that Is Collected

Personal information is information that can be used to identify or contact you. Only personal information that you voluntarily provide when registering for a forum account is collected, in other words the email address that you provide to validate your sign up. This is used to send you forum notifications such as replies to posts or threads that you are 'watching' aswell as taking you automatically to the first unread post of a forum topic on log in. Notifications can be turned off in preferences.

You can use the NLM site without registering or submitting any personal information. In that case, the only information we collect will be non-personal information obtained through the use of “Cookies.” These are small computer files transferred to your computer’s hard drive, which allow site statistics to be collected. NLM does not store any personally identifiable information in any cookies on your computer. Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. You do not have to accept our cookies in order to productively use the site.

NLM does not sell (or provide for free) e-mail addresses, names, mailing addresses, or any other personal information to any Third Parties for their own marketing or information collection purposes.

General Use of Site

Third parties may use their own cookies when you click a link to their site or service either from the forum or the NLM main site. This is not controlled by NLM nor is the third party use of cookies, or how they manage the information they gather through them. You should review the privacy policy of other sites you visit or link to from our site to understand how they use the information they collect through the use of cookies.

Advertising on the NLM site

The site carries advertising to cover the sites running costs. Without the advertisers there would be no site. Advertisers collect information such as your browsing history and measure activity amongst other information in order to target adverts that they think you may be more interested in. You will need to give your consent in order for them to do this. Note that if you are not happy with this then you can decline but you will still see adverts, they will just be untargetted.

Disclosure of Your Information

Except as set out in this Privacy Policy or as specifically agreed to by you, no personal information you submit through the NLM site will be disclosed. However, under certain circumstances, it may be required to release such information: (1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others. In the event that NLM is legally compelled to disclose your Personal Information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.

Finally

Although every reasonable effort is made to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that thieves could find a way to thwart security systems or those of our Internet Service Provider (ISP).

If there are any changes to this Privacy Policy they will be posted in this forum thread and will assume to have been read by all users.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

May 24, 2018, 10:29 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town FC

Post #2 of 23 (28500 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [steve walker] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Read, understood & agreed.

Professional cretin.

Barbie
First Team Regular

Jun 26, 2018, 12:45 PM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #3 of 23 (28209 views)
Shortcut

Is there any way of switching off the privacy policy message? It appears every time I go to a new page (or back to a previous one), so I have to keep accepting it. I've tried changing the various options. It happens regardless of whether I'm logged in or not. Driving me to distraction.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 26, 2018, 1:09 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 23 (28207 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Barbie] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Having same problem on mobile , P/C OK though.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 100 / 85 / 15 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 08 / 11 / 2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 26, 2018, 3:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 23 (28177 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [dottirofhod] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

I'm working on the site now... moving to to secure https... bear with me I will check the GDPR issue

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 26, 2018, 4:28 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 23 (28168 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Barbie] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

I can't see anything wrong with the privacy policy message, by that I mean I seem to have added the code correctly. Not sure where to take that one as I'm not getting this problem myself and I can't seem to replicate it.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 27, 2018, 9:09 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #7 of 23 (28124 views)
Shortcut

Was having the same problem as many others but it seems to be fine this morning with the privacy policy just showing the once on logging in.

dottirofhod

Jun 27, 2018, 11:26 AM

Post #8 of 23 (28108 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [kirby knitters] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Yes just the once for me but now needing to enter password when entering on mobile.

Ads completely disappeared on P/C.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 100 / 85 / 15 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 08 / 11 / 2019.

dottirofhod

Jun 27, 2018, 4:41 PM

Post #9 of 23 (28076 views)
Shortcut

Its back on mobile, its now like "Soccerway" unusable. Jumping around all the while as well.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 27, 2018, 7:41 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 23 (28057 views)
Shortcut

Sorry I don't even knows what that means.
If anyone has a problem with the site can they please be a little more specific so I can look into the problem.

dottirofhod

Jun 27, 2018, 8:08 PM

Post #11 of 23 (28052 views)
Shortcut

It means that the privacy check is back after every switch of post.
When I say site is jumping, that os exactly what it says on the label.
I may go onto a post on a thread where I will have to press rivacy check and then it wont go back to where I was it may go to the start of the thread.
I'll stick to my PC. This was sent from mobile and required 2 privacy clicks to get this written.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 27, 2018, 8:38 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 23 (28043 views)
Shortcut

Is anyone else having a problem with the privacy check as you should see it only once.
Is anyone else having a problem viewing the site on a mobile platform? Or is ths site working fine for you since I switched it to https yesterday?Thanks... Steve

dottirofhod

Jun 27, 2018, 8:46 PM

Post #13 of 23 (28042 views)
Shortcut

It was working OK on the mobile this morning but went silly again when trying later on. It's still bad at mo on mine. It may be me ?

paulh66

Jun 27, 2018, 9:12 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #14 of 23 (28037 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Is anyone else having a problem with the privacy check as you should see it only once.
Is anyone else having a problem viewing the site on a mobile platform? Or is ths site working fine for you since I switched it to https yesterday?Thanks... Steve

No problems with any of this on my iPad, though the privacy check did resurface again (just once) a day or two ago.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 27, 2018, 9:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 23 (28036 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

that's probably due to to the https switch. As long as it crops up just once that is cool

UKPunk

Jun 27, 2018, 9:27 PM

Post #16 of 23 (28032 views)
Shortcut

I usually only visit the site on my laptop and the privacy notoce pops up twice but after that it's gone. I'm on Firefox by the way.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 27, 2018, 9:40 PM

Post #17 of 23 (28028 views)
Shortcut
     Post deleted by mick [In reply to] or Reply Privately

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Jun 27, 2018, 11:34 PM

Post #18 of 23 (28003 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [mick] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

I'm still consistantly getting the privacy pop-up on first visiting the home page and again if I then log in. Leaving the site and returning later, during the same browsing session, may or may not result in fresh pop-ups.

Funnily enough, I'm now getting an identical privacy pop-up, generated by the "Pitchero Network", on Gillingham Town's Pitchero site - but not on neighbouring North Dorset RFC's Pitchero site!

I'm prepared to accept the theory that's been mooted that I'll keep getting the NLM pop-ups because I'm using high privacy settings and a cookie clearance regime. The extra clicks are no great hardship in the scheme of things …. Sly

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 28, 2018, 5:27 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #19 of 23 (27951 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
It means that the privacy check is back after every switch of post.

ditto, dotti. I had this yesterday Mad but today seems to be just the one privacy check...

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 28, 2018, 6:44 PM

Post #20 of 23 (27939 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [nico] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Seems to me going by different sites I've visited, that if you say yes to all permissions you don't get asked again, but if you say no the software will by default keep checking with you, with the aim of making you agree.

It's big businesses way of trying to sneak round the new regulations by irritation / bullying.

AnnORack
Junior Team Regular

Jul 1, 2018, 8:18 PM

Post #21 of 23 (27848 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I'm still getting the privacy message virtually every time I move from one page to another, and have to tick the box every time.

buncranaboy

Jul 1, 2018, 11:16 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #22 of 23 (27810 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [AnnORack] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

On Chrome tonight and on mobile earlier.........tick, tick, tick for the umpteenth time.

steve walker
Administrator

Jul 1, 2018, 11:28 PM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 23 (27801 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] GDPR - Privacy Policy [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

I'm going to close this thread. Can you report problems in the new thread I provided for that purpose and give the details requested so I can pass them on to the boffins.
Thanks... Steve

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3