Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Ground moves 2018/19

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 29, 2018, 7:51 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #76 of 101 (7208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ARL] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Durham City have announced they'll be sharing at Brandon United next season, having been at Willington this season. They're also submitting a pre-planning application for a new ground back in the city.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Apr 29, 2018, 7:56 PM)

buncranaboy

Apr 29, 2018, 10:28 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #77 of 101 (7008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Remind me - what's wrong with the ground they built not that long ago other than its artificial surface ?

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 30, 2018, 2:04 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #78 of 101 (6558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Remind me - what's wrong with the ground they built not that long ago other than its artificial surface ?

Nothing. Except that they didn't appear to own it and those that did didn't seem to want Durham City as their tenants, whether the dispute was financial I'm not sure.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 1, 2018, 12:25 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #79 of 101 (6155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Steeton first team playing at Keighley Cougars RLFC next season (assuming step 6 achieved). Their reserves will stay at Summerhill Lane.

Steeton can no longer win the West Riding Amateur League title as Salts, who they visit on Wednesday, have been awarded the three points from Saturday's postponed match with Wibsey, who couldn't raise a team due to their players having cricket and rugby league commitments. Therefore those three points were enough to give Salts the title without kicking a ball. Will 2nd place be good enough to win promorion for Steeton or Route One Rovers, who are also looking to groundshare so they can go up? AFAIK Salts have no plans for lights to groundshare and haven't applied for promotion.

(This post was edited by cherryhopper on May 1, 2018, 12:26 AM)

Linnetstowinit
Youth Team Regular

May 1, 2018, 7:30 AM

Team(s): Runcorn Linnets,Arsenal,Tranmere Rovers,Guernsey

Post #80 of 101 (6049 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Widnes definitely moving from Select Stadium to Barnton next season.

Best of luck. Having watched the Northwich Vics v Linnets match at the ground last night they are going to have to adapt their game,big style. Going from a carpet to a slag heap will take some change.

Wonder how many of their hardcore 50 odd fans will travel.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 1, 2018, 8:12 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #81 of 101 (6014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Linnetstowinit] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Best of luck. Having watched the Northwich Vics v Linnets match at the ground last night they are going to have to adapt their game,big style. Going from a carpet to a slag heap will take some change.

You could fall out with some people. I'm not a Barnton fan but I assume their pitch is showing some signs of wear at the end of a long wet season in which they have had two teams playing a full set of fixtures. I presume Linnets' version of Wembley would look a little shabby if they had the same issues. Barnton are a small village club with little in the way of resources and manpower, but I can guarantee that by the start of next season, their pitch will be as good as ever. A bit of respect would go a long way.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

bigjmc
Youth Team Sub

May 1, 2018, 8:48 AM

Post #82 of 101 (5966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Steeton first team playing at Keighley Cougars RLFC next season (assuming step 6 achieved). Their reserves will stay at Summerhill Lane.

Steeton can no longer win the West Riding Amateur League title as Salts, who they visit on Wednesday, have been awarded the three points from Saturday's postponed match with Wibsey, who couldn't raise a team due to their players having cricket and rugby league commitments. Therefore those three points were enough to give Salts the title without kicking a ball. Will 2nd place be good enough to win promorion for Steeton or Route One Rovers, who are also looking to groundshare so they can go up? AFAIK Salts have no plans for lights to groundshare and haven't applied for promotion.

Golcar were also in with a shout up to Saturday when they lost 3-2 in a cracking game at Steeton. Cruising at 2-1 up Golcar conceded two late goals that put an end to any title ambitions.

Linnetstowinit
Youth Team Regular

May 1, 2018, 9:07 AM

Team(s): Runcorn Linnets,Arsenal,Tranmere Rovers,Guernsey

Post #83 of 101 (5914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

You could fall out with some people. I'm not a Barnton fan but I assume their pitch is showing some signs of wear at the end of a long wet season in which they have had two teams playing a full set of fixtures. I presume Linnets' version of Wembley would look a little shabby if they had the same issues. Barnton are a small village club with little in the way of resources and manpower, but I can guarantee that by the start of next season, their pitch will be as good as ever. A bit of respect would go a long way.

I like Barnton (The Villagers) and always enjoy my visits. They make all their visitors welcome as they did last night.

The fact remains that the pitch is not flat and 2 teams playing on it regularly during a winter is going to have a detrimental effect on it although this was one of the worst I personally have seen this season.

I stand by my comments based on last night and also that Widnes currently play on a carpet and any change of surface will be different. No disrespect was meant itís just a fact that the surface was terrible.

ceefaxbrian
Junior Team Regular

May 3, 2018, 4:14 PM

Post #84 of 101 (5256 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Linnetstowinit] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Erith Town back to Erith sports arena next season.
from Stephen Mac's Kentish Football Website.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 6, 2018, 8:10 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #85 of 101 (4814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bigjmc] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Steeton can no longer win the West Riding Amateur League title as Salts, who they visit on Wednesday, have been awarded the three points from Saturday's postponed match with Wibsey, who couldn't raise a team due to their players having cricket and rugby league commitments. Therefore those three points were enough to give Salts the title without kicking a ball. Will 2nd place be good enough to win promotion for Steeton or Route One Rovers, who are also looking to groundshare so they can go up? AFAIK Salts have no plans for lights to groundshare and haven't applied for promotion.

Golcar were also in with a shout up to Saturday when they lost 3-2 in a cracking game at Steeton. Cruising at 2-1 up Golcar conceded two late goals that put an end to any title ambitions.

Assuming 2nd is a promotion position, current standings are:
Golcar United 21-45
Steeton 20-43
Route One Rovers 20-39 (better goal difference than other two)
Steeton's last two games both at home:
7 May vs Littletown (brought forward from 14th)
12 May vs Wakefield City

Route One Rovers' last two games both away, they were awarded walkover in last scheduled home league game and also in Premier Division Cup Semi-Final they were due to host.

boyspen
Reserve Team Regular

May 6, 2018, 11:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #86 of 101 (4568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Suggested that Golcar have an appeal in, which if successful could still see them pip Salts to the title. Shouldn't affect teams directly below for what is considered a 'promotion place' anyway though.

Flickr photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thedribblingcode/albums
Blog (match/ground reviews) at:
http://thedribblingcode.wordpress.com
@dribblingcode on Twitter

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

May 17, 2018, 1:32 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #87 of 101 (3952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boyspen] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Horsham F C.

Building new ground 2 miles S of Horsham station off Worthing Rd nr Hop Oast Roundabout by Golf Club.

3 G pitch , hope to be in before Xmas ?

Clubs own new ground updates = https://stadium.horsham-fc.co.uk/

I have impeccable credentials , sorry to be so curt but I have had my wrist slapped.
From July 1, 2017. 240/196/44. (You know my rules) @ 23/05/2018.
OK,Mick no bragging.
Fussball zweite vereines existieren nicht

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 17, 2018, 10:55 AM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #88 of 101 (3654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Delighted for them - went to 2 games there in their Cup run (Maidenhead, MOTD goal of the season, can see me in the background;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P2kj-rS4No
Swansea City, epic draw, pitch ankle deep in water (as I found out when I joined the pitch invasion!)

DesselSportFan
Reserve Team Sub

May 17, 2018, 12:34 PM

Team(s): Appledore, Oxford U and Dessel Sport

Post #89 of 101 (3566 views)
Shortcut
Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FREMINGTON FC (NORTH DEVON PREM)
Talking to the locals at Fremington last night it seems certain they will be moving grounds next season. The Parish Council is knocking down the clubs changing rooms and building new Council offices during the summer.

The new ground will be in the new housing estate currently being built on the site of the old Fremington Army camp. I'll go and have a look at progress over the next couple of weeks.

For anyone desperate to tick the ground off, the only game left is on May 26th at 3pm, Fremington II v Georgeham. If you do go I recommend the nearby Graylings Fish and Chips.

(This post was edited by DesselSportFan on May 17, 2018, 12:37 PM)

agamemnon3
Junior Team Regular

May 18, 2018, 9:08 PM

Post #90 of 101 (2863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DesselSportFan] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sun Sports FC, who withdrew from the Spartan South Midland League in September after being forced out of their ground, and have been playing in Div One of the Herts County League, will be back at their Bellmountwood Avenue ground next season.

They are being promoted to the Premier Division of the Herts County, and hope to be back in the SSML the season after next.

Good to see them back on their feet again.

Atavistic
Youth Team Star

May 18, 2018, 11:06 PM

Team(s): Norwich City, Yaxley

Post #91 of 101 (2730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agamemnon3] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sun Sports FC, who withdrew from the Spartan South Midland League in September after being forced out of their ground, and have been playing in Div One of the Herts County League, will be back at their Bellmountwood Avenue ground next season.

They are being promoted to the Premier Division of the Herts County, and hope to be back in the SSML the season after next.

Good to see them back on their feet again.

I take it they were able to resolve the dispute with the landlords, or whatever exactly it was, that forced them out of the ground then? Fantastic news for all involved, either way.

Yaxley FC Programme Editor

2017/18 (including Pre-Season):

New Grounds: 26 (Most Recent: Peckham Town)
Games: 36
Goals: 119
Goals Per Game (to 2 dp): 3.31
0-0s: 2

My Blog: https://thetortoisetravels.blogspot.co.uk/

agamemnon3
Junior Team Regular

May 19, 2018, 10:52 AM

Post #92 of 101 (2380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Atavistic] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't have full details, but it would appear that (a) a new landlords' representative, (b) new blood on the football club committee, and (c) the gradual realisation by all that having a football ground lying idle while the team who should be using it are playing on a school pitch five miles away is not the most intelligent use of resources, have combined to produce a sensible outcome.

Could there be a lesson here for other clubs in 'stand-off' situations, one wonders ?

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Regular

May 21, 2018, 9:52 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #93 of 101 (1602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agamemnon3] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

North of the border, former league side East Stirlingshire are leaving Stenhousemuir after several seasons and from next year will play at Falkirk FCís Falkirk Stadium.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 23, 2018, 9:37 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #94 of 101 (984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barnt Green Spartak (Midland League 2) have announced that they are moving from Highgate United to Earlswood Town.

paulh66

May 23, 2018, 9:52 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #95 of 101 (954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cleethorpes Town will be in the new ground at their Linden Club base for the new season, kicking off with an all-ticket friendly v Grimsby Town in July.

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

May 23, 2018, 10:07 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #96 of 101 (923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looks like the first game at Gillingham Town's new Woodwater Lane ground may be a friendly with Yeovil Town on Monday 30 July at 7.00.

Ostrich
First Team Sub

May 23, 2018, 11:34 PM

Post #97 of 101 (831 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looks like the first game at Gillingham Town's new Woodwater Lane ground may be a friendly with Yeovil Town on Monday 30 July at 7.00.

Unless you know different, Tim, it's still 07/07/18 vs Sturminster Newton United, followed by a Cider Festival.

https://twitter.com/gilltownfc gives the full PSF schedule (21/05 tweet)

(This post was edited by Ostrich on May 23, 2018, 11:37 PM)

Bakes
Junior Team Sub

May 25, 2018, 9:45 AM

Post #98 of 101 (320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So Widnes finish in promotion spots, move grounds and groundshare and league and FA allow it, that goes against rules regarding moving.

Newport Town in West Mids are moving to Eccleshall and have been told you canít groundshare to gain promotion. Letís see at 1130am today whether this will open a can of worms. Canít have one rule for one surely

Herb Alpert
First Team Sub

May 25, 2018, 9:57 AM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, whoever is playing w*** h**

Post #99 of 101 (298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bakes] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think the difference is that Widnes are moving from a complient ground whereas Newport seem to be moving from a non-complient ground.

wazzafan
Reserve Team Star

May 25, 2018, 10:00 AM

Team(s): Warrington Town

Post #100 of 101 (293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bakes] Ground moves 2018/19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The same should apply to Smithswood Firs, who are gorundsharing at Lichfield. Although they seem pretty sure they've got promotion.

Non League Projections - 2018/19: http://goo.gl/MW6EFU

Step 1: http://goo.gl/UTHzqq
Step 2: http://goo.gl/oRDNEd
Step 3: http://goo.gl/HDFmG2
Step 4: http://goo.gl/V2YxhA
Step 5: http://goo.gl/RSUfK7
Step 6: http://goo.gl/cwVvN9

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3