Andalucia trip

pinewoodste
First Team Star

May 17, 2018, 12:22 AM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #1 of 4 (824 views)
Shortcut
Andalucia trip Can't Post or Reply Privately

On Thursday I was on the 05:45 easyjet flight from Gatwick which arrived 25mins earlier than the scheduled time of 09:45 in Malaga.
I caught the metro into the city. It was a windy day & the sun took a while to beat the cloud. It was fairly warm.
Friday was mostly sunny & very warm. I later got off at Benalmadena-Arroyo de la Miel metro station for my game which was a re-visit.
@
Primera Andaluza Senior (Malaga) (level 6)
Atletico Benamiel Club de Futbol 3 (34, 55 pen & 70)
Club Atletico Estacion 0
KO: 21:00 Att: 96 h/c Cost: 5 Euros Saw no progs

-
Venue: Campo El Tomillar, Avenida da Bonanza, Benalmadena

-
Match: 6th v 13th out of 18

Fairly mild wearing a light jacket. Before game the teams did a guard of honour as two of AB's youth teams had won leagues. This boosted the crowd but a lot less in 2nd half.
CAE had a chance on 2mins but gk saved it & that was their only effort as AB were in control. They probably went in at h/t disappointed only to be one up. Shots 10-1.
-
h/t break lasted just under 15mins.
-
Plenty of shots this half but AB were the better side again. The lino flagged for the penalty. AB ran out comfortable winners. Shots 10-9.
-
Back on the metro back into the city.

pinewoodste
First Team Star

May 17, 2018, 12:27 AM

Post #2 of 4 (821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Andalucia trip [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On Saturday I visited the Museo Carmen Thyssen art gallery.
Later I caught the metro to Fuengirola station before making my way where there are two grounds within the complex. I visited the smaller one last year.
-
Segunda Andaluza Senior (Malaga) (level 7)
Club Polideportivo Mijas Las Lagunas 1 (80, red for official 23)
Club Deportivo Zenit de Torremolinos 1 (6)
KO: 17:30 Att: 96 h/c Cost: Free Saw no progs

-
Venue: Campo Las Lagunas, Camino del Albero, Mijas-Las Lagunas

Artificial pitch with 4 corner floodlight pylons. Main side has hardstanding path with a see through metal fence & rail in front of changing rooms & entrance to sports hall. Elevated approx 12ft are 4 steep concrete rows. Most of one half is covered & behind down 4 steps is wider h/s & all is covered. Attached behind is a swimming pool & a hall where 2 girls basketball games were being played. In corner are small blue courts. Behind one goal is h/s path with a wall. Vegetation behind sloping up with mountains beyond. Other side has a wall with 2 big white windowless buildings behind. In corner is the other pitch. Other goal has vegetation & across road are 3 to 6 story blocks of flats. Only elevated area for spectators & possibly 1 goal.
-
Match: 7th v 1st out of 18

Hot & sunny day but windy at times. This time just the home side did guard of honour for 2 of their youth teams.
ZT played with 1 up-front but often broke quickly with support. The goal came after gk parried original shot. MLL had shot saved before the young lino controversially gave offside when they thought they'd equalized. This led to a MLL official being sent off. Shots 4-5.
-
h/t break lasted just under 17mins.
-
It got a bit heated at times but ZT weren't really going for a 2nd goal. MLL equalized with shot going in but player made sure but I did wonder if it would be offside. Moments later ZT almost regained the lead but gk saved with his legs. It was now end to end as on 85mins MLL hit the bar from a free kick. On 95+mins ZT had good chance but gk saved easily. Shots 14-7.
This result now leaves the title out of ZP's hands & MLL probably needing help to finish in top 4.
As players left the pitch MLL gk &ZT #24 had to restrained. It had been an eventful highly charged game.

pinewoodste
First Team Star

May 17, 2018, 12:31 AM

Post #3 of 4 (820 views)
Shortcut

On Sunday it was a cool start as I caught the 08:30 bus from Malaga to San Pedro Alcantara which arrived at approx 10:10 & cost 7.03 Euros. No station just a bus stop & small ticket office. After a brief wander I walked to the out of town ground.-
-
Tercera Division Grupo 9 (level 4)
Union Deportiva San Pedro 2 (21 & 82)
Club Atletico Malagueno 2 (11 & 45:51)
KO: 12:00 Att: 289 h/c Cost: 10 Euros Saw no progs
-
Venue: Campo San Pedro, Avenida Oriental, San Pedro Alcantara
I liked this ground except for the netting pitchside. Artificial pitch with 2 floodlight pylons each side. Fully railed with infill in club colours of red & black. Hardstanding all round. All the steep concrete steps are white except 1 black row & 1 red row. The main side has 8 rows. In the centre above is a small covered seated stand. There's 3 rows of black seats & above this 3 rows of red seats. At back are press areas & there's a small bar under stand. Behind are a couple of mini pitches then fields with the town beyond. There's also 8 rows behind 1 goal with small pitch & a 2nd pitch which had 4 rows of concrete steps one side. There's properties on hillside & mountains beyond. Other side has in each half 5 rows which go from near half way line to 18yd box. In 1 corner is snack bar with tables & chairs some of it undercover. Behind for half is countryside. Remainder has field, flats other properties & then mountains. Other goal has wider h/s where a row of cars were parked. Behind wall is a 3 story white builing.
-
Match: 17th v champions out of 22
Warm & mostly sunny but coolish breeze in places.
CAM are Malaga's b team & they dominated possession but did too much tippy tap football which didn't produce much. They had 3 shots in 1st half all on 11mins. The gk made a double save but couldn't do anything from a 1on1. Little goalmouth action but a surprise when SP equalized. On 43min they had shot saved & a minute later a header hit the post. Shots 3-3.
-
H/t break lasted just over 15mins.
-
CAM regained the lead but then got caught offside numerous times. SP had header saved on 75mins before I was pleased to see them equalize again. #9 with his 2nd & he got a shirt from the crowd with 100 on it. On 86mins 2 players sort of headbutted each other but ref wasn't interested. Shots 4-5.
-
CAM start their playoffs next weekend. #9 had photos taken wearing the 100 on his shirt & also got the bumps.

pinewoodste
First Team Star

May 17, 2018, 12:38 AM

Post #4 of 4 (817 views)
Shortcut

I paid 1.70 Euros on the bus for the approx 35min journey to Estepona. This bus don't use the bus station. The last stop is the port. Here it was much hotter than SP & no breeze. I had a wander including the quiet old town. I could also see Gibraltar & Morocco.
Before reaching the edge of town ground they have another ground close by which has a few rows of terracing around it.
-
Andaluza Division Honor Senior Grupo 2 (level 5)
Club Deportivo Estepona Futbol Senior 1 (31 pen, red for official 63)
Alhaurin de la Torre Club de Futbol 1 (81 pen, red for official 65)
KO: 18:30 Att: 310 h/c Cost: 5 Euros Saw no progs
-
Venue: Estadio Francisco Munoz Perez, Avenida Juan Carlos, Estepona
Felt I should be watching a higher level game here. Artificial pitch with 4 corner floodlight poles. All seater stadium (yellow, golden yellow, orange & faded red) & elevated approx 4ft. The main side has 11 covered rows with a wider hardstanding area behind 5th row. At back you can stand with various little buildings (snack bar, press, toilets etc). Behind they've just started building an athletics stadium. Behind one goal are 6 rows with narrow standing area at back. Behind is a slight grassy hillside & some properties. Other side has 7 rows & h/s area at back. Behind trees was an open funfair. Other goal has rock boulders same height as goals with grass on top & trees behind. Behind are mountains & a grassy hillside closer.
-
Match: 11th v 2nd out of 18
Mostly sunny & very warm in the sun but out of sun was a bit cooler.
AT had shots saved on 16 & then with gk's leg on 22mins. EST had their 1st shot on 29mins a weak effort. The gk kicked ball upfield but there was an incident. Suddenly a guy near me claimed a penalty. It appears the gk kicked out at EST player. After protests it was converted. AT were lucky not have more cards. Later in the half was pushing & shoving. Shots 4-4.
-
H/t break lasted just under 15mins.
-
Straight from re-start AT had a double shot saved, they should've converted the rebound. EST had free kick saved on 54mins. On approx 60mins AT player committed a foul & EST player was down. Pushing & shoving started then I think 3 EST & 1 AT players all went down from off the ball incidents. There was a big scrum with both benches at each other. It took a while to sort with 3 yellows & the 2 reds for officials. Only 1 more yellow came to make 10. AT had shot saved on 71mins in a half they dominated. Then the last 10+ injury time got really exciting & end to end. Chances galore with the best for EST a break & pass & from 8yds out & an almost open goal the shot went wide. AT's best was on 94+mins when a 25yd shot hit the bar. Breathtaking ending to an eventful game. Shots 6-8 (most from 80mins onwards)
-
This result probably ended any chance AT had of winning league but look likely to finish 2nd.
After game I walked to the edge of town bus station. I'd got my ticket from SP as Malaga wouldn't sell me one. It cost 8.90 Euros. I was on the 21:50, there's also one at 22:00. Arrival time in Malaga was 00:10 I'm sure I read but it was nearly an hour early with people going to certain destinations swapping buses. It was cool in Malaga.
-
Both Monday & Tuesday was hot & sunny with a bit of breeze on Tue.
I was on the 23:50 flight & arrival time was due to be 01:35. We were 20mins early but had to wait for steps to arrive.
Good drive back until a painful diversion after Colchester. This has been going on intermittently for a long while.
An excellent trip.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3