Home: Non League Football Information: FA Competitions:
FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

May 8, 2018, 1:14 PM

Post #26 of 51 (6356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Has anyone heard anything about this yet? I've seen a tweet from one local club saying they had guaranteed 4th place in their Step 6 league ensuring FA Cup entry, but who knows?

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

May 9, 2018, 9:09 AM

Team(s): Various

Post #27 of 51 (6247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nothing concrete, the FA have always said Top 4 in Step 6 are eligible provided all other things OK. BUT that was before new central divisions, FA have not revised their "Top 4" statement, so will be some miffed clubs around if they are not in the Cup next season !

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

Dazzla84
Youth Team Star

May 30, 2018, 10:35 PM

Team(s): Newcastle United, South Shields, Werder Bremen, Toulouse

Post #28 of 51 (4954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drawoh] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I make it 296 teams required for the EP round.

We are in total agreement. That's exactly what I made it when I looked a week or so ago.

Moreover, if all step 5 teams take their place, there won't even be room for all of the teams being relegated from step 5 to step 6. So the only way any of this season's step 6 teams can have any chance of getting in next season is to get promotion to step 5.

In my opinion, the FA should take the 16 from the best PPG of the Step 6 teams that did NOT win promotion.

That would mean one team would miss out (as there are 17 divisions)

1. TAVISTOCK (South West Penninsula Premier) ........ 2.474
2. TIVIDALE (West Midlands Regional Premier) ........ 2.342
3. BICESTER TOWN (Hellenic Division 1 East) ........ 2.250
4. ATHERSTONE TOWN (Midland Division 1) ........ 2.190
5. WINSLOW UNITED (Spartan South Midlands Division 1) ........ 2.184
6. TEVERSAL (East Midlands Counties Premier) ........ 2.175
7. PRESTWICH HEYS (North West Counties Division 1) ........ 2.167
8. SHEERWATER (Combined Counties Division 1) ........ 2.139
9. SWAFFHAM TOWN (Eastern Counties Division 1) ........ 2.125
10. KEYNSHAM TOWN (Western Division 1) ........ 2.119
11. GRIMSBY BOROUGH (Northern Counties East Division 1) ........ 2.024
12. LUTTERWORTH ATHLETIC (United Counties Division 1) ........ 2.000
13. NORTHALLERTON TOWN (Northern Division 2) ........ 1.975
14. EASINGTON SPORTS (Hellenic Division 1 West) ........ 1.962
15. UNITED SERVICES PORTSMOUTH (Wessex Division 1) ........ 1.912
16. RINGMER (Southern Combination Division 1) ........ 1.882
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
17. ERITH & BELVEDERE (Southern Counties East Division 1) ........ 1.750

Roader
Junior Team Star

May 31, 2018, 8:27 AM

Team(s): Leeds United AFC

Post #29 of 51 (4903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dazzla84] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

How can the FA go against their own criteria for entry? Their rules for the 2018/19 on their own website specify the top four in the step 6 leagues not in promotion places. It's their own rules. They knew there was a restructure so not to amend those criteria is either a deliberate move or an act of a complete set of imbeciles.

(This post was edited by Roader on May 31, 2018, 8:31 AM)

Richard Rundle

May 31, 2018, 3:18 PM

Post #30 of 51 (4787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roader] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How can the FA go against their own criteria for entry? Their rules for the 2018/19 on their own website specify the top four in the step 6 leagues not in promotion places. It's their own rules. They knew there was a restructure so not to amend those criteria is either a deliberate move or an act of a complete set of imbeciles.

Are they rules or are they guidelines?

Roader
Junior Team Star

May 31, 2018, 4:58 PM

Post #31 of 51 (4743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

You tell me

http://www.thefa.com/...tions-2018-19-season

Clubs to be automatically accepted subject to the ground conforming to the minimum standard:-

- Clubs in the Premier League, English Football League and in Steps 1, 2, 3 & 4 of The FA National League System.
- Clubs in Step 5 of The FA National League System.
- Clubs relegated to Step 6 of The FA National League System.
- Clubs in Step 6 of The FA National League System finishing in a League position 1-4 of the preceding season.

Seems pretty straightforward. It's only when you get below fourth position does it say this:

Clubs to be accepted subject to available places and subject to the ground conforming to the minimum standard:-

- Clubs playing in Step 6 of The FA National League System finishing in a League position below four of the preceding season.

Richard Rundle

May 31, 2018, 6:54 PM

Post #32 of 51 (4706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Roader] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That looks very authoritative, and it does have the 2018-19 header to it so I'd assume Step 6 clubs finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th will be automatically accpeted if they apply.

Therefore, I assume that some adjustments to the exemptions will be needed.

Dazzla84
Youth Team Star

Jun 4, 2018, 11:31 AM

Post #33 of 51 (4266 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

You tell me

Clubs to be automatically accepted subject to the ground conforming to the minimum standard:-

- Clubs in the Premier League, English Football League and in Steps 1, 2, 3 & 4 of The FA National League System.
- Clubs in Step 6 of The FA National League System finishing in a League position 1-4 of the preceding season.

Seems pretty straightforward. It's only when you get below fourth position does it say this:

Clubs to be accepted subject to available places and subject to the ground conforming to the minimum standard:-

- Clubs playing in Step 6 of The FA National League System finishing in a League position below four of the preceding season.

Thats where the problem lies

If one takes the best 4 from each of the 17 step 6 leagues that did not get promoted last season, then that equals 68 teams

If they keep the structure as is, then it would mean an extra preliminary round of 296 teams competing, and if all Step 5 clubs enter (thats 280) then that leaves just 16 spots available for Step 6 sides

So there'll have to be changes, 68 into 16 doesn't go

Roader
Junior Team Star

Jun 5, 2018, 7:31 AM

Post #34 of 51 (4029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dazzla84] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I agree it doesn't go but they haven't changed their own rules when they must have known this issue would occur for this season's competition. Why publish a set of entry criteria when you know it can't be met. You're inviting an unnecessary legal challenge.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 5, 2018, 12:14 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #35 of 51 (3941 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

You tell me

Thats where the problem lies

If one takes the best 4 from each of the 17 step 6 leagues that did not get promoted last season, then that equals 68 teams

If they keep the structure as is, then it would mean an extra preliminary round of 296 teams competing, and if all Step 5 clubs enter (thats 280) then that leaves just 16 spots available for Step 6 sides

So there'll have to be changes, 68 into 16 doesn't go

The obvious solution is not to exempt the clubs newly promoted to Steps Three and Four to the first / preliminary rounds. That would allow 390+ clubs to compete in the EP round, which would be sufficient to cover the automatic entries in the rules and even allow a few extra.

Dazzla84
Youth Team Star

Jun 5, 2018, 12:45 PM

Post #36 of 51 (3918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The obvious solution is not to exempt the clubs newly promoted to Steps Three and Four to the first / preliminary rounds. That would allow 390+ clubs to compete in the EP round, which would be sufficient to cover the automatic entries in the rules and even allow a few extra.

I dont know how it would work but its an interesting idea.

(This post was edited by Dazzla84 on Jun 5, 2018, 12:46 PM)

HarryC
First Team Star

Jun 5, 2018, 7:12 PM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #37 of 51 (3798 views)
Shortcut

as per Slimbridge twitter

40 step 4 clubs will start their FA Cup campaign in extra preliminary round on 11th August.

Therefore Southern League start date has been put back to 18th August.

Dazzla84
Youth Team Star

Jun 5, 2018, 9:05 PM

Post #38 of 51 (3747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HarryC] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah right

Id guess it would be the bottom 6 or 7 fro the Step 4 leagues from last season, or would it be just completely random step 4 clubs

exile
Youth Team Sub

Jun 5, 2018, 10:33 PM

Team(s):

Post #39 of 51 (3705 views)
Shortcut

More likely the promoted clubs and the bottom one or two from the step 4 leagues as required

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 6, 2018, 9:47 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #40 of 51 (3609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HarryC] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If that is the only change in the exemptions, that will allow an extra preliminary round of 376 clubs. They would need 40 places for Step Four clubs and 280 places for Step Five clubs, leaving a total of 56 places for clubs relegated from Step Five last season and clubs finishing in the top four of Step Six but not promoted.

My count shows 38 teams promoted from Step Six (implying 30 finished in the top four but were not promoted) and 35 relegated from Step Five so a total of 65 places required. That being the case (feel free to check my numbers) there will need to be a further adjustment to the exemptions. I suspect some Step Three clubs will be starting in the preliminary round.

HarryC
First Team Star

Jun 6, 2018, 11:28 AM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #41 of 51 (3567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If that is the only change in the exemptions, that will allow an extra preliminary round of 376 clubs. They would need 40 places for Step Four clubs and 280 places for Step Five clubs, leaving a total of 56 places for clubs relegated from Step Five last season and clubs finishing in the top four of Step Six but not promoted.

My count shows 38 teams promoted from Step Six (implying 30 finished in the top four but were not promoted) and 35 relegated from Step Five so a total of 65 places required. That being the case (feel free to check my numbers) there will need to be a further adjustment to the exemptions. I suspect some Step Three clubs will be starting in the preliminary round.

376 teams (188 matches) for extra preliminary round is definately right number to feed through with other 100 step 4 entering at Preliminary, 88 step 3 at 1Q, 44 step 2 at 2Q, 24 step 1 at 4Q etc. FA must have worked out only 56 step 6 sides qualify, which exclude any sides in top 4 not promoted but now demoted on ground, any that would not qualify as not in vase last season etc., Andover Town situation.
I am sure there are many here with the time to work out all the 56 sides. (subject to any outstanding appeals on step 5/6 promotion/relegation issues)

Ropemaker

Jun 7, 2018, 4:37 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #42 of 51 (3259 views)
Shortcut

This is assuming all clubs in steps 1-5 can/want to enter.

Guernsey? Or reserve/developments sides?

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

markust
Youth Team Regular

Jun 7, 2018, 6:41 PM

Post #43 of 51 (3214 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Here's 12 that can't enter (and I didn't even finish looking up the step 6 top 4)

Dual interest owner: Ilkeston Town

Not entered 2017/18 Vase:
Sheerwater
Worcester Park
Selston
Virginia Water
Penn & Tylers Green
Easington Sports
Falmouth Town
Punjab United
K Sports
Lutterworth Town
Pinchbeck United

That coupled with your work above means there should even be a few byes to spare.

Roader
Junior Team Star

Jun 8, 2018, 9:31 AM

Post #44 of 51 (3038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markust] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Here's 12 that can't enter (and I didn't even finish looking up the step 6 top 4)

Dual interest owner: Ilkeston Town

Not entered 2017/18 Vase:
Sheerwater
Worcester Park
Selston
Virginia Water
Penn & Tylers Green
Easington Sports
Falmouth Town
Punjab United
K Sports
Lutterworth Town
Pinchbeck United

That coupled with your work above means there should even be a few byes to spare.

Lutterworth Town entered the FA Vase in 2017/18. They won their two Preliminary Round ties and lost to Coventry United in the First Round proper.

markust
Youth Team Regular

Jun 8, 2018, 5:19 PM

Post #45 of 51 (2856 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Lutterworth Town entered the FA Vase in 2017/18. They won their two Preliminary Round ties and lost to Coventry United in the First Round proper.

Oh FFS. I used the 2017/18 applications accepted document on the FA Website, which helpfully automatically redirected to the 2016/17 list without warning...

tewey99
Junior Team Sub

Jul 3, 2018, 6:08 PM

Team(s): Mile Oak, Wolves, RC Lens, AO Kerkyra

Post #46 of 51 (1466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markust] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Clubs were told yesterday whether or not they were accepted into the FA Cup. The cut-off for step-6 qualification was 1.75ppg ...

Digdagdog
First Team Sub

Jul 4, 2018, 11:39 AM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #47 of 51 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tewey99] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Clubs were told yesterday whether or not they were accepted into the FA Cup. The cut-off for step-6 qualification was 1.75ppg ...

And some of them aren't happy about it in that the FA could have told them a lot earlier - Devizes Town's Twitter a/c has gone into meltdown. It seems they imagined that finishing 5th would have allowed selection to the FA cup...at 1.67ppg, it appears not

2017-18 Games: 171 Goals: 745 GPG: 4.36 New Grounds: 114
2018-19 Games: 19 Goals: 79 GPG: 4.16 New Grounds: 8

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 4, 2018, 3:45 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #48 of 51 (1250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The FA Cup needs expanding - and fast!

doktorb berske
Youth Team Regular

Jul 6, 2018, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Burscough

Post #49 of 51 (825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fixtures are on the fa website now

I count as a groundhop whatever I feel appropriate.

Reserves? Yes, why not?
Friendlies? No problem.
Bracketed ticks? Come on in, I say.

"I tried to organise freedom,
How Scandinavian of me!"

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 6, 2018, 1:49 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #50 of 51 (804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doktorb berske] FA Cup Qualifiers 2018-19 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So much for a whole host of clubs that many thought would miss out. There are a couple that i didn't think stood much of a chance but are in there.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3