First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Apr 25, 2018, 4:26 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Borough

Post #1 of 217 (45517 views)
Shortcut
Liberty Way Nuneaton Town Can't Post or Reply Privately

If anyone hasn't yet ticked this ground and want's to at some point i'd seriously suggest doing it for this weekends game with Blyth .

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Apr 25, 2018, 5:08 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #2 of 217 (45389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sunny Nunny] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tax bill paid but are there other problems?

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Apr 25, 2018, 7:13 PM

Post #3 of 217 (45130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Too many to list if the rumour mill is correct or none . Who knows the club or it's owner operate a wall of silence policy .
Not looking good though ( again ) .

scottywalds
First Team Star

Apr 26, 2018, 7:32 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #4 of 217 (44363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Tax bill paid but are there other problems?

Lack of power at the ground...

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 26, 2018, 7:54 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #5 of 217 (44326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lack of ability to stick to a sustainable budget.

DarkSithLord
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 26, 2018, 8:13 PM

Team(s): Alfreton Town

Post #6 of 217 (44283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You mean they havent paid their bills?

"the force is strong with this one"

scottywalds
First Team Star

Apr 26, 2018, 9:17 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #7 of 217 (44201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DarkSithLord] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
You mean they havent paid their bills?

Apparently...

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 27, 2018, 9:36 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #8 of 217 (43727 views)
Shortcut

Yet another club keeping fans in the dark in times of trouble (no pun intended)

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Apr 27, 2018, 3:04 PM

Post #9 of 217 (43405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It is not just when they are in trouble friend, the owners have a policy of keeping things to themselves at all times.
All the rumours flying around are just that as nobody can find anything out for definite.

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Apr 27, 2018, 3:57 PM

Post #10 of 217 (43307 views)
Shortcut

It's really frustrating mate . No one really knows what's going on .

Bullet Header
First Team Sub

Apr 27, 2018, 7:19 PM

Post #11 of 217 (43052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There was a bit about the HMRC case on the Coventry Evening Telegraph website earlier this week -
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/...nding-court-14574576
and
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/...t-dismissed-14578749

(This post was edited by Bullet Header on Apr 27, 2018, 7:21 PM)

DarkSithLord
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 28, 2018, 10:57 PM

Post #12 of 217 (42492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bullet Header] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Big changes afoot in Nuneaton, with the club to change back to it's old name 'Nuneaton Borough', chairman Lee Thorn has stepped down, Liberty Way is up for sale and the club is up for sale too. A new era set to begin for the Boro

kirby knitters

Apr 28, 2018, 11:25 PM

Post #13 of 217 (42422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DarkSithLord] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Were the club not always going to revert back to 'Boro' next season anyway? Not sure what this new era entails apart from a potential third club.No Chairman, ground and club up for sale. Yep good luck with the the 'new era' Town/Borough!!

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Apr 29, 2018, 9:11 AM

Post #14 of 217 (42189 views)
Shortcut

Have also been told the academy is moving to Hinckley and based at Ibstock.

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Apr 29, 2018, 9:20 AM

Post #15 of 217 (42171 views)
Shortcut

Looks like we're going to help Gainsborough keep there record of never being relegated / promoted going .

kirby knitters

Apr 29, 2018, 9:37 AM

Post #16 of 217 (42133 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Have also been told the academy is moving to Hinckley and based at Ibstock.
----
----
I find it rather sad that with a town the size of Nuneaton there is no other options available to the club than to up sticks and move to a couple of locations in another county.

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Apr 29, 2018, 11:33 AM

Post #17 of 217 (41990 views)
Shortcut

This is what happens when you get the wrong people in charge . The owner has no previous connection with the town / club and always saw it as a way of making money . I'm sure many posters on here have seen similar with clubs they have followed over the years . The academy is apparently very profitable and it's rumoured he want's to keep hold of it , hence the location move . The fans have been kept totally in the dark and have now been dropped right in it . It's not looking good at all .

DarkSithLord
Reserve Team Sub

May 23, 2018, 12:20 PM

Post #18 of 217 (41190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sunny Nunny] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Updates

The Supporters Co operative

Earlier this evening, Nuneaton Borough Supporter’s Cooperative chair Harry Warren, and treasurer Mike Turner met with a number of people from the local community who had expressed an interest in supporting the Cooperative and their aims for a community run football club.

We delivered our vision to them regarding the future of the club, something which was widely bought into by the group, all of whom actively want to help us should we secure the football club.

However, the price that has been quoted, coupled with information available in public domain about the operational situation of the football club, was deemed too high a risk for anyone to be interested in making financial support for our bid.

We have relayed this information to Lee Thorn, and have asked him to engage with us and Supporter’s Direct as we now move to plan B, which is to launch a community share order to secure the football club. Should he be willing to move forward with this, we will hold an open meeting to discuss how we will raise the required monies.

The ball now firmly rests in the court of Mr. Thorn, and we hope that he will meet with us to best secure the future of this football club for the community.

We are of course extremely disappointed with the outcome today, but understand completely the views of those we met with, and we are delighted at their enthusiasm to support us and the Boro in the future.

We will look to hold an open meeting as soon as possible, once we have received a positive response from Mr. Thorn.

DarkSithLord
Reserve Team Sub

May 23, 2018, 12:23 PM

Post #19 of 217 (41179 views)
Shortcut

From the Chairman

Regarding recent developments...
Late on Monday night I was informed that the Nuneaton Town Supporters Cooperative were not able to put together any offer for the football club and its Liberty Way home.
I was very disappointed to hear this as I really wanted them to take over and make it a community and fan run club.

Two options were presented to the Coop:

Option 1 to buy the club and stadium at a figure supplied to them.

Option 2 to rent the stadium on a long-term lease which satisfied the competition criteria, based on an, under market value, rental figure (this option included taking over the clubs trading debts).

At no stage was any financial information requested by the Coop regarding the running costs, trading debts, or any other costs involved in taking on a club of our standing.

The last few weeks have also proven that there is not a group of local businessmen waiting in the wings to invest in this club. They have had a chance to come forward and talk to me, yet none have taken it.

The Coop have shown, for a second time under my four-year tenure, that they are not able to take over the running of the club either.

Since taking over at the club I have had to fight battle after battle to keep the club going. People inside the club have tried to sabotage it, people outside have tried to undermine it and people who want to cause the club to fail have tried to turn the town, and Boro fans, against the club for their own ends.

I have fought hard for over the past four seasons for a club that I have grown to love, but it has taken a toll and I'm now tired of the fight.

I told members of the Coop about my intention to step down as Chairman and sell the club prior to my planned announcement. I did this to allow them time to prepare and plan, so they could spring into action when the announcement came.

I also informed them that the application to change the club name, back to Borough, had been successful and when I had planned to announce it.

However, the Coop, for their own reasons announced those two things the day before I was going to, which made any statement from the club pointless.
This meant our contracted players, employed staff, sponsors and fans found out from the Coop, rather than officially from the club, this alone created a huge amount of turmoil and uncertainty.
This action has damaged relationships between the club and some sponsors, maybe irreversibly, and could cost the club thousands of pounds in lost sponsorship.
Prior to this I had not spoken to anyone about sponsorship for the coming season because I wanted to give the Coop a clean slate and a chance to earn as much money as possible upon taking over.
I had also not set season ticket and admission prices, as I wanted the Coop to be able to set the prices they wanted, if they were to take over.
Now it is clear they cannot table a serious bid, I must move on, as does the club. Other offers have been tabled which we hope to progress now that a line can be drawn, once again, under the Coop’s ambitions.
The club must meet certain conditions to fulfil our licence to compete in the competition. We had three things to tick off to enable this to happen, we now have one item outstanding.
It is not my intention, at this time, to re-enter the club, and I hope that a new owner is found as soon as possible, so that the work required to start the new season can commence.

Lee Thorn

windydcfc

May 23, 2018, 3:01 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #20 of 217 (40889 views)
Shortcut

Does anyone know what the potential outcome could be?
Could they be placed at step 5 or 6, for example?
If Gainsborough are reprieved, or would an extra team be promoted from step 3, then step 4 & step 5!
I know FC Romania would win the golden ticket at step 5. Who would be the lucky clubs at steps 3 & 4?

(This post was edited by windydcfc on May 23, 2018, 3:02 PM)

swjoduk
Reserve Team Regular

May 23, 2018, 10:37 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town, Exeter City, Swindon Town, Westcountry football as a whole

Post #21 of 217 (40255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rumour is Wimborne from Step 4 to 3

grantham
Reserve Team Sub

May 24, 2018, 9:13 AM

Post #22 of 217 (39834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'd guess at King's Lynn at step 3, 100 points and not to get promoted is always harsh

The Football Archives -------- Programmehut.com

ladderman

May 24, 2018, 9:19 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #23 of 217 (39822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grantham] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That would go against all precedent

windydcfc

May 24, 2018, 9:25 AM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #24 of 217 (39808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Liberty Way Nuneaton Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Hasn’t the precedent been set? with no reprieves from step 4 & 3rd placed sides being promoted from step 5!

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 24, 2018, 9:41 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #25 of 217 (39759 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Hasn’t the precedent been set? with no reprieves from step 4 & 3rd placed sides being promoted from step 5!

That was because the FA wanted to avoid reprieving teams way out of their depth. And in 4/6 cases at Step 4 that was the case. Arlesey Town, Bishop’s Cleeve, Shoreham and Goole were bottom for about 90% of the season, and were in most cases, well adrift of the second bottom side most of the season. Only Norwich United and Romulus put up any real fight against relegation.

So the FA implemented a rule that stated the bottom side should not be reprieved under any circumstance.

At Steps 3 and 4 there was only one relegation place.

That is not the case at Step 2.

There is no rule, or precedent, that’s states no reprieves shall be issued at all. Only that the bottom club shall not be reprieved.

Gainsborough Trinity did not finish bottom, they did not even finish second from bottom, they remained competitive right up until their last game (which they won), and amassed 46 points.

In my opinion Gainsborough Trinity should be reprieved, if Nuneaton Town are chucked out.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3