Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Stadium moves.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 22, 2017, 4:09 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #51 of 69 (3429 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Qarabaq have been given permission by UEFA to play their Champions League group games at the new (2015) Baku National (Olympic) Stadium.
Capacity is 68,000 and their not far off filling it for the first game v Roma , 58,000 sold so far.
Tickets costing between 1.50 (Plebs) and 25 (VIP's) for Champions League.
Wonder how much Chelsea fans have to pay ?

AFAIK only one adult football game has been played there so far there , a friendly v Moldova ?

They've been playing Qualifying games at Tofiq Bahramov (Republican ) Stadium with league games mainly at the Azersun stadium !

I have impeccable credentials , sorry to be so curt but I have had my wrist slapped.
From July 1, 2017. 240/196/44. (You know my rules) @ 23/05/2018.
OK,Mick no bragging.
Fussball zweite vereines existieren nicht

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 23, 2017, 11:35 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #52 of 69 (3286 views)
Shortcut

Cagliari are now at the Sardegna Arena which is apparently an interim stadium constructed in the car park of their old Sant Elia ground. Hod can decide if it might be a tick or not.

And in Belgium, it appears that Union St Gilloise are sadly now playing at Heysel.........for how long, I don't know.

Meanwhile in Germany, Saarbrucken appear to still be at Volklingen while their Ludwigsparkstadion undergoes an extensive makeover.

dottirofhod

Sep 24, 2017, 12:07 AM

Post #53 of 69 (3275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yep you can have this one Paddy. Although using some of the temporary stuff from Sant Elia is being used.

The new new ground on the same site as the Sant Elia obviously will not be new tick.

No you cant have Aviva.

I have impeccable credentials , sorry to be so curt but I have had my wrist slapped.
OK,Mick no bragging.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Sep 24, 2017, 12:11 AM)

scottsas
Youth Team Star

Oct 1, 2017, 12:56 AM

Post #54 of 69 (2996 views)
Shortcut

I'm sure AZE played Italy I think there, I know it had Scottish refs.
I've driven past it a few times but not been in it
It's now to host 2019 Europa Final I think

scottsas
Youth Team Star

Oct 1, 2017, 12:59 AM

Post #55 of 69 (2994 views)
Shortcut

Separately, having been at the new Juventus for the 2nd time in midweek (and having done the old Delle Alpi 22 years ago), I was informed that the new (Allianz Stadion / Juventus Stadion) is built on the exact same site, and the pitch hasn't moved at all, it is in the same GPS location as the previous one.
So ground demolished, play elsewhere for a few seasons, move to new ground but (new) pitch in exact same place -new ground or not?

Chris1963

Oct 1, 2017, 1:53 AM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #56 of 69 (2989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsas] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Separately, having been at the new Juventus for the 2nd time in midweek (and having done the old Delle Alpi 22 years ago), I was informed that the new (Allianz Stadion / Juventus Stadion) is built on the exact same site, and the pitch hasn't moved at all, it is in the same GPS location as the previous one.
So ground demolished, play elsewhere for a few seasons, move to new ground but (new) pitch in exact same place -new ground or not?

Certainly not a new ground for me, in fact some of the external structures behind the stands are the same as before (rather like the Zentralstadion in Leipzig)

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Oct 1, 2017, 1:53 AM)

dottirofhod

Oct 1, 2017, 5:04 AM

Post #57 of 69 (2961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Certainly not a new ground for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No chance Scott but I'm sure our green friend will say something to the opposite. Stop fishing.

OK,Mick no bragging.

dottirofhod

Oct 1, 2017, 5:14 AM

Post #58 of 69 (2960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsas] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm sure AZE played Italy I think there, I know it had Scottish refs.
I've driven past it a few times but not been in it
It's now to host 2019 Europa Final I think
==============================================

Indeed they did and next 2 v Moldova & Norway .So perhaps Qarabags was the 4th ?
Next 3 , all W Cup games 2 @ Republican and 1 @ Bakcell.
Willie Collum.
It is.

OK,Mick no bragging.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Oct 1, 2017, 5:29 AM)

buncranaboy

Oct 1, 2017, 3:45 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #59 of 69 (2883 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No chance Scott but I'm sure our green friend will say something to the opposite. Stop fishing.

So the pitch is "The Ground"? Really ? Bet your photos are not of the pitch but of the New Stadium.........ground demolished, it is stated. At that point, it is no longer a ground, but a former ground. Not difficult, really.

Chris1963

Oct 1, 2017, 10:45 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #60 of 69 (2783 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

So the pitch is "The Ground"? Really ? Bet your photos are not of the pitch but of the New Stadium.........ground demolished, it is stated. At that point, it is no longer a ground, but a former ground. Not difficult, really.

They didn't demolish the whole Juventus ground. If you look at Google Earth's timeline feature (which goes back to 2005, before the changes occurred) you can see that the external parts (such as the grass banks leading up to the stands) have always been there.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 2, 2017, 8:32 AM

Post #61 of 69 (2722 views)
Shortcut

According to my dictionary "ground" means an area of land used for a specified purpose. Sounds like the pitch to me.

I do admire your logic though - when the stands around a pitch are demolished and new ones built without any relocation of the pitch it is a "new ground"; but when stand(s) are demolished and the pitch turned though 90 degrees that is not a "new ground" Cool

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 2, 2017, 9:11 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #62 of 69 (2712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

By the complete rebuild = new ground, does this mean I can count a ground again if all four sides have been rebuilt since my first visit?
What if I also visit after two sides have been rebuilt? And then again when the other two are done? When does it become new?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2017, 10:36 AM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #63 of 69 (2676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
By the complete rebuild = new ground, does this mean I can count a ground again if all four sides have been rebuilt since my first visit?
What if I also visit after two sides have been rebuilt? And then again when the other two are done? When does it become new?

Personally I'd consider it a new ground if the home club had to move elsewhere for any significant period of time during a complete rebuild, so for example Spurs will be a new ground whereas Hearts are just incompetent.

KnowYourMarket

Oct 2, 2017, 10:43 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #64 of 69 (2674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spurs is a new pitch so there is no doubt there....

Who cares who counts what? I doubt St. Peter or Beelzebub will be auditing your records.

Last ground visited: Rochester United. Avg Goal 15/16: 4.43 Avg att 15/16: 392. New grounds 15/16: 37

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Oct 2, 2017, 10:44 AM)

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 2, 2017, 10:54 AM

Post #65 of 69 (2666 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Who cares who counts what?

A surprising number of people seem to care what other people count.

A discussion in a bar in downtown Borlange yesterday resulted in a unanimous position that no one present gave a flying **** what anyone else wanted to count. Unanimous also that Gefle tonight is a new ground - not that anyone else should care Shocked

(This post was edited by mick on Oct 2, 2017, 10:58 AM)

paulh66

Oct 2, 2017, 11:29 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #66 of 69 (2653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

People are obviously interested in what other people count, just look at the amount of times it crops up as a discussion on here. And even in bars in downtown Borlange! Nothing at all wrong with that. Also, some people are probably unsure of whether they would or wouldn't count something under a particular scenario and find it interesting to hear what others do. It is a forum after all.

Dare I say the amount of times the "who cares" and "do what you like" conversation-stopper gets thrown around suggests some are perhaps a little too self-conscious about these things.. Wink

KnowYourMarket

Oct 2, 2017, 10:23 PM

Post #67 of 69 (2559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm very conscious (most of the time) of what I have counted. The song goes "Wembley, Wembley" for a reason....

I don't count abandoned games as per the NWCL decision todayTongue

Last ground visited: Rochester United. Avg Goal 15/16: 4.43 Avg att 15/16: 392. New grounds 15/16: 37

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Oct 2, 2017, 10:27 PM)

dottirofhod

Apr 17, 2018, 4:40 PM

Post #68 of 69 (797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anderlecht.
via Leopold.

From Mark Coucke ( chairman Anderlecht).

''Coucke sees three options for the Anderlecht stadium: a new stadium in Neerpede, a new stadium elsewhere in Brussels or a renovation of the Constant Vanden Stock stadium. That explains the chairman of purple-white in a report from Pano, which will be broadcast on En on Wednesday from 21h25.

Anderlecht would normally play in the yet to be built Eurostadion, but that is no longer an option for Coucke. "A club like Anderlecht has to have its own stadium," he said in Extra Time at the end of February.

According to Coucke, a "self-evident" option is building a new stadium in Neerpede, next to the training complex of the Brussels record champion. "In terms of enclosure" Neerpede is good according to Coucke: near the Ring around Brussels, near two metro stations and on the territory of the municipality of Anderlecht. Another possibility is "a completely different place somewhere in Brussels".

Finally, the Vanden Stock Stadium, the current stadium of Anderlecht, could also be renovated. "This is often the easiest solution in Belgium, but it is never the cheapest", explains Coucke''.

OK,Mick no bragging.

KnowYourMarket

Apr 18, 2018, 9:18 AM

Post #69 of 69 (717 views)
Shortcut

New stadium for St Pats

https://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=7783

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Apr 18, 2018, 9:19 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3