Monday 16th April 2018

Dave 56
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 16, 2018, 5:11 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 23 (2701 views)
Shortcut
Monday 16th April 2018 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Development League @ The Highland Football Academy, Dingwall. KO 14:00. (F&N). Crowd 53

Ross County 2 v 1 Kilmarnock

The Academy is at the rear of the Ross County ground and has both a 3G and grass pitches. Today's game was played on the main grass pitch close to the changing rooms. Nice back drop of snow covered mountain peaks and the Cromarty Firth.

Ross dominated the play and eventually scored after 25 minutes but failed to add to their tally in the first period.

After the break they added a second on 53 minutes but with 20 mins left Kilmarnock scored with what was their only decent effort on target. Never looked like getting an equaliser and County could and should have added to their total.

Hoping for another match tonight if all goes well.

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 16, 2018, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #2 of 23 (2517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Deddington Town 6 Kings Sutton 1 (Banbury Charity Cup) Att: 23 h/c f&n

Good fun. The first half was a little slow, and the home side led at the break courtesy of an unstoppable own goal. Things got livelier thereafter, and with 20 minutes to go and the score 2-1, it was a close affair, but after Deddington's third, the visitors' heads dropped and goals followed at regular intervals. Decent standard, between Premier Division and Division 2 of Banbury District & Lord Jersey League. Played in good spirit throughout.

Deddington play at the Windmill Centre,which is on the western edge of this pleasant large village a few miles south of Banbury. No football furniture to be seen, but one might shelter in the small cricket pavilion if the weather got too grim. Dry this evening, but rather chilly.

Dr Love
First Team Star

Apr 16, 2018, 10:14 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #3 of 23 (2500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Highmoor Ibis 3-2 Binfield
Hellenic Premier

Binfield probably shaded possession, and even shots on goal, but Highmoor always looked the more threatening forcing some decent saves out of the Binfield keeper. At the other end, their keeper always seemed to have the ball hit straight at him. Highmoor led with barely two minutes played, before adding two more in the second half. The scoreline was given a little more respectability with two Binfield goals in injury time at the end of the game.

barcud-coch
First Team Star

Apr 16, 2018, 10:45 PM

Post #4 of 23 (2424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Westfields Reserves 6 Fownhope 0

Allpay Park: Herefordshire FA County League Premier Division

This match provided a rare Monday night fixture in the Herefordshire FA County League, as this fixture had been postponed twice in the past nine days, after having originally been scheduled for early March. Westfields Reserves came into this evening fixture in third place in the Premier Division following a 5-0 victory at near neighbours Lads Club Reserves. Fownhope were one place above their hosts on goal difference before kick-off this evening but had played three more matches. The villagers had not played for over three weeks since a 5-2 home victory over Orleton Colts.

The Allpay Park outfit broke the deadlock with a header from a 15th minute corner before doubling the lead six minutes later when a Westfields Reserves player had a free header from another corner. The home team extended their advantage straight after the restart before making it 4-0 just four minutes after the interval when a low cross from the right was turned in from close range. Westfields Reserves again in the 59th minute when a home player cut inside a defender and beat the Fownhope goalkeeper inside his near post. The scoring was completed with two minutes remaining when a Westfields Reserves player latched on to a well-timed through ball and swept the ball into the far corner of the net.

2017/18 Statistics
Goals: 705
Matches: 166.5
New Grounds: 20

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2018, 10:50 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #5 of 23 (2415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rufforth Utd Res 5 Wilberfoss Res 5
York League Res Div C F&N att 12

Definitely not Plan A. Old Knut and I turned up at the swamp that is Copmanthorpe Rec thinking that we had finally cracked it but to our dismay the three officials were prowling around the far end of the pitch looking earnest. They came back to the clubhouse and decreed that the pitch was unplayable, inviting players to check for themselves. One of them went out with the officials and said that he would be happy to play on it, but all to no avail. So two teams and three officials all headed off to play the game at Huntington and we, along with Yorkie and Pete Coles, took stock in the car park. Yorkie headed for Osbaldwick but as we three had done both it and Huntington, our best option for a tick was this reserve game at Rufforth, a small village to the west of York.

Rufforth Airfield Park is on the left as you enter the village from the York direction. It is typical of so many venues in this area, with tennis courts, the village cricket pitch and, on the far side of the field next to the airfield runway, a roped off pitch with a large brick dugout on either side. Surrounding trees and hedges kept the cross wind at bay. No aircraft were spotted.....

So our entertainment was to be a third level reserve fixture so expectations as to quality were not high but this was an excellent game with both sides giving their all throughout. The visitors, sat in second place with games took the lead and were 2 1 up at the break(which lasted four minutes - well done ref) and a third followed shortly after. At this point an easy away win was expected but within quarter of an hour the home side had banged in three themselves to take the lead. The visitors raised their game again to retake the lead only to squander their advantage yet again, and with the hosts missing a great chance at the death, a draw seemed an appropriate result. Not the evening that we expected but a game's a game, as some people say.....

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

Dave 56
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 16, 2018, 11:00 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #6 of 23 (2390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Inverness and District FA Premier Division. @ Bught Park. KO 18:45 (F&N) Crowd 19

Loch Ness 3 v 3 Ardersier

My second game of the day and my first foray into the IDFA and a thoroughly enjoyable one at that. Bught park was staging 4 of tonight's 5 games, the pitches spread far and wide with the whole area dominated by the massive shinty stand and pitch.

A goal apiece in the first 20 minutes with Loch taking the lead and the score remaining the same until the last minute of the first period when the home side retook the lead.

Ardersier started the second half brightly and scored twice in the first 10 minutes. Loch eventually levelled and applied a great deal of pressure but couldn't snatch a winner.

penny banner
Junior Team Star

Apr 16, 2018, 11:17 PM

Post #7 of 23 (2322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

WHITSTABLE TOWN v ROCHESTER UNITED result 3-0 £5 for old people £2 programme (very good) attendance 116

These are exciting times to be a Whitstable fan,23 games unbeaten this was their 10th win on the trot. Promotion beckons and thanks go to the referee in helping them acclimatize to the Isthmian League by starting the match 5 minutes late. Considering how far off the pace at the bottom Rochester are they played quite well and had their chances but scoring an own goal in the first 10 minutes was never going to be a match wining tactic. Very unfortunate but very funny. The excellent programme was worth the money for the 'unbelievable football facts' page alone. Some facts were more unbelievable than others and I wasn't that surprised to learn that Joey Barton's brother is a convicted murderer.

(This post was edited by penny banner on Apr 16, 2018, 11:19 PM)

adji
Reserve Team Star

Apr 16, 2018, 11:19 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City ,Clevedon Town and whoever else i want to watch

Post #8 of 23 (2316 views)
Shortcut

Gresley 2 Cleethorpes Town 2 Att - 129

111 games without a 0-0 now im doing well , ground 194 was the Moat Ground , A old non league ground that is now looking quite tired and run down. Strugglers Gresley were leading at the break but fell 2-1 behind before equalizing 5 minutes from time . On the blog now

https://adjithegroundhopper.wordpress.com/

Please feel free to visit my blog at http://adjithegroundhopper.wordpress.com/

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2018, 11:41 PM

Post #9 of 23 (2249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very early on decided that Copmanthorpe would be unlikely to go ahead so instead headed to

Drighlington Juniors 3 Grangefield OB 0
Yorkshire Amateur League Premier Division

A large information board on the adjacent library and a series of stone markers explained the progress of the Battle of Adwalton Moor which took place here on 30 June 1643. Tonight's events on the nearest of the two partially railed pitches to the library were much more peaceful.

Drig had a record on P 13 W12 before tonight and are well on track to take the title having 5 games in hand on Leeds Medics who are only 2 points ahead. Things could have got slightly more difficult if GOB had not missed two open goals (one from 3 feet !) and crashed a penalty against the bar. Drig also missed a penalty in the final minute with the skied effort last seen heading towards the M62.

Two other hoppers present and an excellent turn out of locals most of whom watched from the footpath of the adjacent road which offered a slightly elevated view. Wonder if they will make the journey to the return game on Wednesday ?

Pre match I visited the food-orientated Railway. Good food it was too with an extensive choice, washed down with some Taylor's Landlord.

Top evening out although the strong cold wind of recent times was still around in this elevated location - scarf and gloves definitely required.

Hornchurchspur
Youth Team Sub

Apr 17, 2018, 12:03 AM

Post #10 of 23 (2199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Evostik South East
Cambridge City 3 Hanwell Town 0
Admission £5 (concession) Attendance 152 KO 19.49

In the end a fairly comfortable win for Cambridge City in their quest to secure a play off spot with automatic promotion still a possibility. City, with six matches to play in the next thirteen days, fielded a number of squad players and, from looking at the girth of some of their team and the scarcity of substitutes on the bench, I suspect Hanwell were below strength as well.

City took the lead on 20 minutes when Jack Vasey finished off a good run and cross from Ebby Nelson-Addy. Hanwell tried to push forward with little success and City had chances to extend their lead as half time approached. After the break Hanwell exerted some pressure and it took a couple of good saves from Josh Bexton to keep them out. City were finding it hard to make much headway as passes went astray but eventually doubled their lead on 65 minutes in rather comical fashion. Wilson flicked on a long clearance which Nelson-Addy and the bulky Turner chased as the Hanwell keeper Bunting decided to rush out to clear. All three arrived at the edge of the penalty area at the same time and collided. The loose ball running to Wilson who calmly slotted it into the net. This allowed City to settle down again and more chances came their way with the final goal arriving in added time when the hapless Turner lived up to his name, turning a Seymour-Shove cross into his own net. The goal led to a long rant at the assistant from Hanwell's Carter who considered there was an offside in the build up. This rightly earned him a yellow card, and not the first for a Hanwell team who whinged and whined at the referee from start to finish. I left promptly on the final whistle but I see from City's twitter feed that they had another discussion with the officials on their way off the pitch and the red card was shown to at least one of them. There would have been plenty of candidates based on what had gone on before.

So its on to Northwood this Wednesday with realistically just four more points needed to ensure at least a play off match. A few more good results should make it a home tie but with the Westwood Road pitch now drying out and becoming very bumpy this may not be the advantage hoped for.

essexian
Youth Team Sub

Apr 17, 2018, 8:01 AM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 23 (1943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A hat trick for me!!!

Staffordshire FA Senior Vase Final

OSSMA etc 2 Redgate Clayton 1 HT 0-0

At Stafford Rangers FC Attn less than a 100. Programme free: A good effort for free.

The hat trick….£6 in but for the third time this winter and now at each of the Stafford grounds, I was offered pensioner rates! Its 10 years until I can draw a state pension!

So staying local today for me: Rangers ground is only 3 miles from home, but still managed to get a 12 mile cycle ride in first: which was nice.

I predicted a close match between the run away leaders of the First Division of the Staffordshire County league OSSMA and a well placed Redgate team of the Premier Division of the same league, with the junior side coming out on top, given that they had already dispatched a couple of teams from the higher division on the way to the final, and so it turned out.

The match played in front of a mostly Redgate crowd, started with the team in green: Redgate, making the first two chances against the team in Red: OSSMA….that confused me all night long, but while both forward lines made chances, neither keeper had much to do whereas the Referee kept busy with a number of cards and one or two strange decisions including an indirect free kick for a back pass which left most of the crowd wondering what he had seen that we hadn’t.

My half time chips from the van were of an acceptable standard….. £2. Didn’t try the tea as last time I did at this ground, it was horrid.

The second half started with a goal for Redgate which I failed to see as I was still walking to my spot. D’oh.

OSSMA upped the pace and finally got on the score board on 67 when their forward made a run into the box after the ball when the was taken down just as the ball was about to cross the line for a goal kick. Frankly, it was the most stupid tackle I have seen all year: the ball was about to go out, hence there was no danger, so why fly in and give away a spot kick. This was promptly dispatched: a video clip is on OSSMA Twitter feed should you wish to see the goal.

Both sides kept trying to find an opening but actual shots on target where hard to come by, although OSSMA did hit the outside of the post with a header. With the board shown for two minutes additional time and with me about to phone my beloved to tell her I would be late home, Meek for OSSMA made a little space for himself on the edge of the box and bundled a shot between the keeper’s legs for the winner.

As seems to be the trend now days and one I do not approve of as I see it as being disrespectful, the cup was awarded to OSSMA to a crowd of less than 30, the majority of Redgate fans having left on the final whistle. Overall, I thought OSSMA deserved the win but would have quite liked a bit of extra time.

DJM61
Youth Team Star

Apr 17, 2018, 8:46 AM

Post #12 of 23 (1873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [penny banner] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
WHITSTABLE TOWN v ROCHESTER UNITED result 3-0 £5 for old people £2 programme (very good) attendance 116

These are exciting times to be a Whitstable fan,23 games unbeaten this was their 10th win on the trot. Promotion beckons and thanks go to the referee in helping them acclimatize to the Isthmian League by starting the match 5 minutes late. Considering how far off the pace at the bottom Rochester are they played quite well and had their chances but scoring an own goal in the first 10 minutes was never going to be a match wining tactic. Very unfortunate but very funny. The excellent programme was worth the money for the 'unbelievable football facts' page alone. Some facts were more unbelievable than others and I wasn't that surprised to learn that Joey Barton's brother is a convicted murderer.

Shore its his cousin not brother

bd
Junior Team Sub

Apr 17, 2018, 9:17 AM

Team(s): Swindon Supermarine and Reading

Post #13 of 23 (1826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [essexian] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hellenic League Prem
Highworth (0)0 - (0)2 Thatcham Town
Att: 291
Thatcham Promoted to Southern League

Thought Thatcham looked excellent in this one. A team worthy of winning the league who plugged away all game on a hill of a pitch and were rewarded with two injury time goals to gain promotion.

Highworth had the games first big chance when Sproule (I think) hit one straight at the keeper when it looked easier to score than miss and the first half was played with very few other chances.
Thatcham had a freekick that evaded everybody and just went past the back post, as well as a couple of efforts that barely troubled the Highworth goal.

Kicking down hill in the second half, it was nearly all Thatcham. Particularly so after Sproule was needlessly sent off for Highworth for pushing the Thatcham keeper into the railings with 25 minutes to go picking up his second booking.

The assault on the Highworth goal was almost relentless as shot after shot ended up over the fence, in the trees, at the keeper, anywhere but in the goal.
Edenborough missed a great chance again with a few minutes remaining and it looked like it wouldn't be Thatcham's day until their #10 pounced on a loose ball in the box in the first minute of injury time to cause a pitch invasion from the Thatcham bench as they celebrated the goal that would surely see them promoted. After the ref and linesman cleared the pitch, Thatcham were straight back on the attack and the #10 robbed a Highworth defender of the ball rounded the keeper and finished form a very tight angle to put a cherry on top of the cake!
37 games unbeaten now for the Kingfishers!
Worthy Champions if they win and certainly worthy of promotion. If they can play football as well as they did on that pitch, I look forward to seeing what they can do on a proper pitch!

rambler77
First Team Star

Apr 17, 2018, 10:25 AM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #14 of 23 (1695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bd] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

QUORN 7-1 COVENTRY UNITED
(MFL-Prem)

Adm: £6
Prog: £1

A closer game than the score suggests. Quorn were 2-0 up before United got one back before half time. The visitors started strongly in the second half and had Quorn on the back foot for a while. Once the hosts got the third goal it was game over, and the added four more for good measure.

Before this season I had never seen a 7-1 home win, but this was my second since the turn of the year and both were on Monday nights on artificial pitches.

More Monday night games please.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

Linnetstowinit
Youth Team Regular

Apr 17, 2018, 10:53 AM

Team(s): Runcorn Linnets,Arsenal,Tranmere Rovers,Guernsey

Post #15 of 23 (1643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

RUNCORN LINNETS 3 BURSCOUGH 0
NWCFL PREMIER. ATTENDANCE 345
Linnets overcame a resilient Burscough team who are fighting against relegation with 3 excellent second half goals.

In a clean match excellently handled by the ref and his assistants Burscough managed to have player sent off at 1-0 although no one seems to know why at the moment.

Linnets now need a maximum of 8 points for promotion but possibly less as the contenders Runcorn Town,Widnes and 1874 Northwich have some games against each other.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Apr 17, 2018, 12:19 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #16 of 23 (1487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DJM61] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Shore its his cousin not brother

Was his name Sandy or Rocky?Cool

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 17, 2018, 12:51 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #17 of 23 (1426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Youth Cup Semi-Final
Arsenal U18 5 Blackpool U18 0 (Arsenal win 7-2 on aggr)

Entry: £6 inc. booking fee
Attendance: 2,083

Whenever I see Arsenal play a home game on telly these days, there seem to be plenty of empty seats spread around the Emirates, so maybe it’s easier to get a match ticket than I though. However, an Arsenal fan that I work with has something called ‘Red Membership’ and he’s usually grumbling how much it costs/difficult it is to get a ticket, so I decided to take advantage of this opportunity (made even more attractive by the ticket price you’d normally expect at Step5). The stadium is obviously impressive - padded seats, ample leg room and a decent view even from the lower sections, as well as having an inner-city location - and is unsurprisingly far superior to West Ham’s new abode, which I visited in January. However, as I get older I’m becoming more and more certain that this isn’t really the end of the pyramid that appeals to me anymore.

In a crowd of over 2,000, there was quite a large and noisy contingent of Blackpool followers - how many had actually travelled down from Lancashire I couldn’t say, but those who did can’t have been too impressed with Blackpool’s pretty insipid performance. Arsenal never got out of second gear but could easily have got double what they eventually managed.

youngster
First Team Star

Apr 17, 2018, 4:11 PM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 23 (1167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Huddersfield 2-1 Ipswich K.O. 13-00, dead on time
Professional development League
Att 120
Adm, One whole pound including coloured team sheet. Does a premiership club with all their millions really need to charge a quid to watch the kids? I understand when these clubs play at the main stadium as stewards have to be paid for, but not at the training ground. The chap on the gate doesn't really demand the money, he just holds out the collection tin in an apologetic way. I never been charged at a training ground before, but no doubt there may be others that charge.
Even first half but Huddersfield got well on top in the second. But it took until the last 10 minutes for the goals to start going in. Home side took a deserved lead, Ipswich drew level with a great strike, but then conceded an injury time penalty. Usual type of training ground, fans only allowed on side behind a decent barrier.

Then onto;

Hartlepool 4-2. Richmond K.O. 18-30, over at 20-11
Westside Leaguer
Adm £2, no paper
Att 46 when I counted.

I'd never seen a bad game in the league, and that still stands. Hartlepool deserved the victory, but Richmond started the 2nd half strongly and with a bit of luck it could have been very different.
But by pushing forward they were exposed at the back and the home side took advantage.
Just a railed off pitch, a slight bank on the far side gave a bit of elevation.

(This post was edited by youngster on Apr 17, 2018, 4:16 PM)

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Apr 17, 2018, 6:04 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #19 of 23 (1035 views)
Shortcut

Evo-Stik League Division One North
Atherton Collieries 1 Hyde United 1
Admission by season ticket (£7 otherwise)
Attendance 278

Colls were always likely to play a big part in the title race with South Shields, Scarborough Athletic and Hyde United all visiting in the last couple of weeks, and Hyde followed Scarborough’s lead in failing to claim all three points, although unlike the Seadogs they did at least claim a point.

Hyde hammered Colls 4-0 at Ewen Fields in October in a performance that was so impressive that it drew applause from the visiting contingent, but there was no sign of such play in this one as Hyde stuck rigidly to thumping the ball forward and offering little else all night.

It was a tale of two penalties with Hyde going in front from the spot on 12 minutes and Colls equalising with a penalty of their own in the second half. Colls spent the last 9 minutes with 10 men after Brad Cooke was sent off for something of a crude challenge on Luke Porritt, but the visitors never looked likely to snatch a winner.

Hyde brought a decent following although they can grow tiresome very quickly - as often seems to be the case at Ewen Fields - so I wouldn’t be too displeased if they manage to get promotion so as to avoid playing them next season.

Bovril on fine form as always as the temperature dropped in the second half.

NeilH
Youth Team Star

Apr 17, 2018, 7:15 PM

Team(s): Cambridge City

Post #20 of 23 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at this one - nothing to add to Hornchurch's summary other than to say I saw the red card flashed by the ref but no idea who received it.

DJM61
Youth Team Star

Apr 17, 2018, 11:07 PM

Post #21 of 23 (804 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sure its his cousin not brother

Ipeland
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 20, 2018, 7:58 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #22 of 23 (197 views)
Shortcut

Gosforth Bohemians 1-1 Killingworth YPC (0-1 HT) at Benson Park
Northern Alliance Division One
Admission: Free, Programme: None
Attendance: 28 (h/c)

Silly season in full flow now, and for my second match back up here I decided to sneak in an early kick off before going out with the flat later, got some exercise in as well as I walked there and back. Ground is relatively basic as expected for this level, railed off pitch with no hard standing, very small car park and changing room building on site. The ground is located behind a few houses off a side street in the North of Gosforth, not far from Northern RUFC, a tennis club is also on site. Pleasant enough place on a sunny evening. The match pitted mid-table Gosforth against title chasing Killingworth, who still have roughly half their season to play due in the coming weeks. The match was the usual stuff for step 8, lots of strife but not much quality on show, I could tell both teams were tired after having played a couple of days previous. Killingworth took the lead in the 43rd minute, a cross from the left headed in at the far post, and the hosts equalised with around 15 minutes left through a decent shot from inside the box after a cross from the right, leading to an exciting ending when both sides could've snatched all three points.

Grounds visited: 201
Last new ground: Kirkley Park (Wallsend Boys Club)
Next planned fixture: Northallerton Town vs Whickham - Northern League Division Two - 21/4/18

royals26
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 22, 2018, 10:49 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #23 of 23 (51 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bd] Monday 16th April 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hellenic League Prem
Highworth (0)0 - (0)2 Thatcham Town
Att: 291
Thatcham Promoted to Southern League

Thought Thatcham looked excellent in this one. A team worthy of winning the league who plugged away all game on a hill of a pitch.

+1 for this

Admission : £5 tracked down programmes up at the entrance by the clubhouse which was understandably crowded.

Match: Agreed Thatcham are rightful winners of the league - notwithstanding that Bracknell may yet pinch it off them at the last.

Spare some sympathy for Highworth who raced away with the league up to February but were severely hamstrung by departures specifically in the forward line.

On the night I actually thought they looked marginally better even though under the cosh for prolonged periods - - Sproule before his witless push on Rackley and Edenborough were quite a handful; more so than Cooper-Clarke who was well marshalled.
The two home full-backs put in a good shift against some pretty useful flank players - admittedly Thatcham were also without Rapley - though he's struggked with fitness since joining from Flackwell.

They were finally undone at the death by some top class predatory work by Liam Ferdinand - who I believe sadly is cup-tied for the Vase Final.

(This post was edited by royals26 on Apr 22, 2018, 11:36 PM)

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3