IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers

Seagull
First Team Star

Feb 11, 2018, 5:51 PM

Post #1 of 15 (1586 views)
Shortcut
Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers Can't Post or Reply Privately

A new broadcast deal could open up opportunities for Saturday RL doubles, starting in March

http://www.rugby-league.com/...deal-with-freesports

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 12, 2018, 9:57 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 15 (1477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Seagull] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No mention of finance involved but how do a channel like Freesports manage to fund anything. They can hardly have great viewing figures which is surely what funds the advertising to allow such sponsorships in the first place.

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League. (Premier Division)

Seagull
First Team Star

Feb 12, 2018, 12:10 PM

Post #3 of 15 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Make hay whilst the sun shines I say....That first one should give double opportunities with the likes of Leigh East & Wigan St Judes.

It might work, it might not, but enjoy it whilst it does.

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Feb 12, 2018, 3:17 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #4 of 15 (1419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
No mention of finance involved but how do a channel like Freesports manage to fund anything. They can hardly have great viewing figures which is surely what funds the advertising to allow such sponsorships in the first place.

I think Freesports is a sister channel to Premier Sports so some of the funding/costs is probably coming from there. By showing grassroots sports then their costs will be low, NCL clubs would probably welcome 500 (wild guess there on my part) tv money to help pay some bills.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 12, 2018, 4:17 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #5 of 15 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I think Freesports is a sister channel to Premier Sports so some of the funding/costs is probably coming from there. By showing grassroots sports then their costs will be low, NCL clubs would probably welcome 500 (wild guess there on my part) tv money to help pay some bills.

Absolutely, it's a good thing but they seem to love showing one club who certainly don't need the money.

Kirby Muxloe FC.
Former proud members of The Midland Football League. (Premier Division)

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Feb 12, 2018, 5:07 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1383 views)
Shortcut

Checking Free Sports content I see British Basketball, I use to watch the BBL when it was on Channel4 in the 1980's. Their footy coverage is Portugese and Belgian top division and Spanish Liga 2. Speedway from Sweden and Poland, not a Speesway fan but remember watching it on World of Sport in the 1970's. Live Swedish Ice Hockey, not sure about that one, UK Wrestling, worth a miss I think and the cherry on the cake Pro Bull Riding. NCL games coming soon. Maybe they could look into live football from steps 4 and below or even Highland/Lowland leagues.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 12, 2018, 7:31 PM

Team(s): None

Post #7 of 15 (1343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Checking Free Sports content I see British Basketball, I use to watch the BBL when it was on Channel4 in the 1980's. Their footy coverage is Portugese and Belgian top division and Spanish Liga 2. Speedway from Sweden and Poland, not a Speesway fan but remember watching it on World of Sport in the 1970's. Live Swedish Ice Hockey, not sure about that one, UK Wrestling, worth a miss I think and the cherry on the cake Pro Bull Riding. NCL games coming soon. Maybe they could look into live football from steps 4 and below or even Highland/Lowland leagues.

Annoyingly Free Sports is not available to those like myself who are with Virgin.

Tykeoldboy
First Team Star

Feb 12, 2018, 7:51 PM

Post #8 of 15 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Annoyingly Free Sports is not available to those like myself who are with Virgin.

I think there is a petition on the Free Sports website you can sign to try and persuade Virgin to take the channel.

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Feb 13, 2018, 1:44 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #9 of 15 (1180 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Free Sports quite often show live NHL ice hockey games and related content. They show the Toronto Wolfpack games on delay that are live on Premier Sports, though Free Sports did show a couple of them live last season.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 14, 2018, 8:21 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #10 of 15 (1097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

First game Wigan St Patricks v Thatto Heath Crusaders on 3rd March kicking off at 4:30pm. The deal includes 30 live games which will presumably include end of season play-off's. Doesn't say if they are only showing games in the Premier or will be delving into NCL1 or even NCL2. Done St Pats but will be hoping at some point in the season for a 4:30pm kick off in the North West that I can double with a Wigan Warriors U19 game, all 2pm on a Saturday, at Edgehall Road before they move out as the ground has been sold.

zebedee
First Team Star

Feb 14, 2018, 9:18 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #11 of 15 (1072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 14, 2018, 10:56 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that. Best opportunities to tick Wigan U19's at Orrell are three games in June and July:
9/6 vs Castleford (Leigh Miners)
30/6 vs London Broncos (Pilkingtons)
14/7 vs St Helens (Thatto Heath)

Manfrombelmonte
Junior Team Sub

Mar 7, 2018, 11:37 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers (SWA),FCUTD,Hibernian,Southport,Widnes V.

Post #13 of 15 (496 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looking at the list of games, what is the NCL war of the roses?

SWA - "Tranmere are the deadly submarine" JOHNNY KING

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 7, 2018, 11:46 PM

Post #14 of 15 (489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Manfrombelmonte] Live NCL games give opportunities for double headers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yorkshire v Lanashire representative game involving the best players from the two counties, their equivalent of the NRL's state of origin game.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2018, 1:22 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #15 of 15 (164 views)
Shortcut

Three non-Saturday (non-TV) dates announced:
Wed 20/6 19:15 Dewsbury Moor Maroons v Drighlington
Fri 22/6 19:30 Lock Lane v Bradford Dudley Hill
Fri 31/8 18:30 Egremont v Kells

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (800) Sportzentrum Bonningstedt SV Rugenbergen 4-2 VW Billstedt
With FC United: 130
On the agenda:
Apr 12: Longridge Town v Vickerstown
Apr 14: FC United v Darlington

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Apr 16, 2018, 1:22 PM)

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3