First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 20, 2018, 10:49 PM

Post #76 of 81 (1389 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Chris1963] Politics and yourself [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I don't wish to upset or offend anyone, but it does help enlighten people about autism if you could explain what the physical issues that your daughter has are? The media isn't very good in telling us, so this is an opportunity for you to tell us. We will all be the better for it.

Regarding my lad, how about the fact that he is also epileptic and regularly has grand mal tonic clonic seizures? Just so that you understand, it means he totally blacks out, he foams at the mouth, he goes blue in the face, he bites his tongue which occasionally leaves it swollen and bleeding, and when he eventually comes round he has no knowledge or understanding of what's happened, if for no other reason than he does not have the mental capacity that would allow him to understand.

I saw you pass us as you walked up the gangway in the stand at a match a while back and you will have noticed that the lad was on the end. That's a precaution I take so if he has a seizure he'll fall into the gangway where it's easier to attend to him.

Oh, and how about the fact that he has speech dyspraxia which means that what little speech he has makes it difficult for people to understand him? How about the fact that he is unable to cross the road safely or to ever go out alone. Or the fact that he understands nothing about monetary value so is unable to engage in any kind of transaction?

Think about the fact that you have your freedom to go where you want and your privacy to engage in a private life. The lad enjoys none of these types of things that we take for granted because his needs dictate that the only way to keep him safe is with 24 hour care with fairly close supervision. For example his bed has a seizure alarm to alert staff if he has a fit during the night.

Now, I don't want people to feel sorry for him. Shit happens in life and you play the cards you've been dealt. And I appreciate that your disability must be difficult to deal with. But at least you're able to go out and work. At least you're able to have a relationship. At least you're able to live independently. At least you're able to come on here and tell us about your travels.

The lad and many other disabled people live their lives without any of these privileges, so maybe you ought to consider that before you compare yourself to them in terms of how badly life's treated you and how severe your disability in terms of the limitations it places on your life choices and opportunities.

Some of the kids at the school where Mrs UKPunk works have such profound disabilities that they not only need 24 hour care but have such complicated medical needs as well that it makes the lad's life look like a walk in the park. The lesson here is there's always people worse off so maybe you ought to consider that in future before you send tactless and ill informed posts.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

dottirofhod

Mar 20, 2018, 11:08 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #77 of 81 (1370 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [UKPunk] Politics and yourself [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Very nice Punky , well put. Its just a shame you've felt the need with others to tell the one with an invisible disability about it.
I've never mentioned any of my problems to anyone in public and dont feel the need to tell all and sundry what is wrong with me.
It is so sad when one individual turns good threads into one about him and his invisible disability.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 93 / 79 / 14 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 23 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

leohoenig
Administrator

Mar 20, 2018, 11:18 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #78 of 81 (1363 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [steve walker] Politics and yourself [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Thanks Steve for intervening. Sorry I slept through this!

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Chris1963

Mar 21, 2018, 12:12 AM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #79 of 81 (1307 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [dottirofhod] Politics and yourself [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Very nice Punky , well put. Its just a shame you've felt the need with others to tell the one with an invisible disability about it.
I've never mentioned any of my problems to anyone in public and dont feel the need to tell all and sundry what is wrong with me.
It is so sad when one individual turns good threads into one about him and his invisible disability.

I don't mind if you tell everyone about your health problems, it's good to be open about these things rather than bottle them up.

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

Mar 21, 2018, 12:19 AM

Post #80 of 81 (1300 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [UKPunk] Politics and yourself [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Punky is correct, as always. My local MP only gets elected because for ten years he was the local Master of Foxhounds down here. And for that reason he has huge support.
He is a toad. He voted for war in Syria and when I once questioned him about food banks his comment was that they were a Labour Party invention.

dottirofhod

Mar 21, 2018, 12:20 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #81 of 81 (1297 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Chris1963] Politics and yourself [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

That's the difference between you and me Chris.
What good is bleating on and on on a public forum, I complain to the right people and get on with life.
Why anyone needs sympathy for being different to someone else is beyond me.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 93 / 79 / 14 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 23 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Mar 21, 2018, 12:37 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3