Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Website building / rebuiding advice request

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 9, 2018, 12:15 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Website building / rebuiding advice request Can't Post or Reply Privately

Soon I am likely to be rebuilding my brother in law's business website.

It's currently built using webplus x6 but this is getting very long in the tooth. The site needs a revamp too.

It's unlikely we will need a shop cart, as most people buying ring up to get exactly the right product, but it is something I guess we have to keep in mind.

I know we'll need a package that can build sites for mobile and computer / tablet use, we haven't differentiated in the past.

He owns his own domain name already and I'm used to using an offline package and uploading, so I think I'd prefer to stick to one of those, free or paid for, depending on what gives the best result. Online packages will be considered if obviously superior.

Also it is likely that other family sites, domains already owned again, would eventually be rebuilt using whatever package / system is chosen.

Any recommendations of packages I should look at consider, something that easy enough to use, well at least logical and learn-able would be much appreciated. I used to know some html but that's now rusted as have been using the x6 web package for years, otherwise no coding knowledge.

Thanks
Trouble At Mill

Climate Change
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 9, 2018, 7:57 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TroubleAtMill] Website building / rebuiding advice request [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Try this.....

https://www.shopify.co.uk/free-trial?term=ecommerce%20shop&Network=Search&SiteTarget=&mt=b&adid=177254211109&device=m&test=&adpos=1t1&CampaignId=138114310&gclid=CjwKCAiA_ojVBRAlEiwAOLRxI2IikJr6S7Pdl_o50zGJYYN0Af1-bwqo5PbjLVb6GDZBQ6NpqkA4RhoCHP4QAvD_BwE

I don't need Google. I have a Hoddy.

steve walker
Administrator

Mar 10, 2018, 2:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 5 (1809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TroubleAtMill] Website building / rebuiding advice request [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I rebuilt my play by mail site www.summitpbm.co.uk and used WordPress https://wordpress.com/

It's free, it's easy and has a ton of themes and plugins so you can get it looking and doing exactly what you want.

That was a couple of years ago now but it would still be my weapon of choice.

scottywalds
First Team Star

Mar 12, 2018, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #4 of 5 (1696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Website building / rebuiding advice request [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I also built mine using Wordpress. Picked a theme from the 1000s available free, and customised it.

http://fmsite.co.uk/

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 26, 2018, 11:59 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] Website building / rebuiding advice request [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Still not got moving on this. Now probably looking at moving rebuilding a number of sites.

Well merging a number of existing sites into 1 personal family site as well as sorting the business one out eventually.

I think wordpress does look best bet, now just wondering if any benefit of paying for personal or premium options above free, any thoughts?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3