Floodlit grounds with few midweek games

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 26, 2017, 7:30 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #151 of 170 (5052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APL] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Its Wednesday 6th

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Ipeland
Reserve Team Regular

Feb 13, 2018, 11:04 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #152 of 170 (3308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If anyone fancies standing around a 3G cage in Newcastle, Wallsend Community vs Killingworth YPC in the Northern Alliance 1st Division is being played on Thursday 15/2 at the Walker Activity Dome 3G with a 6:30pm kick off. Listed on the Northern Alliance website and tweeted out by both clubs so seems promising. Don't believe this is in regular use either.

Grounds visited: 213
Last new ground: Cae Cymro (Clawddnewydd)
Next planned fixture: Ysceifiog v Nantglyn - Llandyrnog Summer League - 21/6/18

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 18, 2018, 9:41 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #153 of 170 (3115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A couple in the West Midlands:

21 February - 7.45 - Moors Academy v Northfield Town @ Tally Ho

7 March - 7.45 - Team Dudley v Old Wulfrunians @ Priory Road

21 March - 7.45 - Team Dudley v Worcester Raiders @ Priory Road

simonsm
Youth Team Sub

Feb 18, 2018, 5:45 PM

Team(s):

Post #154 of 170 (3058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East Lancs league Div 1

Burnley United's home ground is hosting a few midweek games coming up. I saw on Twitter that they were saying that programmes were being produced for these (at least the 21 Feb one), not sure if that is normal for them or not. Hopefully I'll get to one of them:

Barden Athletics Track, Barden Lane, Burnley, BB10 1JQ

Wed 21 Feb KO 7pm - Burnley United v Read United
Wed 7 Mar KO 7pm - Burnley United v Whinney Hill
Wed 14 Mar KO 7pm - Burnley United v Burnley Belvedere
Wed 21 Mar KO 7pm - Burnley United v Barrowford Celtic

Dribble!
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 7, 2018, 3:24 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #155 of 170 (2654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonsm] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tonight- March 7th - 7.45pm

Warboys Town v Moulton Harrox- Peterborough League - rare evening game under lights in this league

Last New Ground: Haringey Borough; Games in 2017-18 Season = 117; New Grounds this Season = 60
Next scheduled game: Next season!

http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 7, 2018, 3:57 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #156 of 170 (2644 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Warboys Town v Moulton Harrox- Peterborough League - rare evening game under lights in this league

It's not that rare for evening games to take place under lights in this league; Peterborough Sports Reserves and Netherton United do so reasonably frequently. However I can't remember the last time that Warboys played at home under lights.

Dribble!
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 7, 2018, 4:01 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #157 of 170 (2641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks - going as an ex-Easter Counties League Ground, interested to see what it is like - club have tweeted that nothing available for the 'paper chasers'

Last New Ground: Haringey Borough; Games in 2017-18 Season = 117; New Grounds this Season = 60
Next scheduled game: Next season!

http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 7, 2018, 4:51 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #158 of 170 (2613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, apologies if so.

Next Monday, 12 March, Doncaster Town v Doncaster Deaf in the Doncaster Senior League. KO is 7.45 on the 4G pitch at the Keepmoat Stadium.

I can't make it, but if anyone goes I'd be interested to know which pitch that is. I assume the athletics stadium is still a grass pitch, but I've also done the caged pitch next door which was grass when I went but which might now be artificial.

There's also a 3G or 4G pitch to the north west of the athletics stadium, which would be a new ground for me (by my rules Wink).

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 8, 2018, 8:28 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #159 of 170 (2515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, apologies if so.

Next Monday, 12 March, Doncaster Town v Doncaster Deaf in the Doncaster Senior League. KO is 7.45 on the 4G pitch at the Keepmoat Stadium.

I can't make it, but if anyone goes I'd be interested to know which pitch that is. I assume the athletics stadium is still a grass pitch, but I've also done the caged pitch next door which was grass when I went but which might now be artificial.

There's also a 3G or 4G pitch to the north west of the athletics stadium, which would be a new ground for me (by my rules Wink).

The athletics track pitch certainly appeared to be grass when I ticked the main stadium in December.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 8, 2018, 8:46 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #160 of 170 (2441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Keepmoat Stadium complex...

athletics stadium pitch = grass
caged full-size pitch to north-west of a/s = artificial
caged full-size pitch to the north of a/s = now artificial - which I presume is the one they class as "4G" ?

blog-2G-3G-4G-know-your-playing-surfaces

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 13, 2018, 4:12 PM

Post #161 of 170 (2246 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I can't make it, but if anyone goes I'd be interested to know which pitch that is. .

Game played on Pitch 3 (aka New Astro) which is the one to the NW of the site, parallel to the Athletics Stadium. KO was 2000 rather than the 1945 shown on Full Time. Small area of designated spectator hard standing at one end but no issue viewing from pitchside.

Pitch 4 (aka Old Astro) to the NE was being used for a number of small-sided games.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Mar 14, 2018, 11:58 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #162 of 170 (2113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another unusual one next Wednesday 21st March
Skegness Town v Wyberton 1945 kick off

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 14, 2018, 1:54 PM

Post #163 of 170 (2095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

It's not that rare for evening games to take place under lights in this league; Peterborough Sports Reserves and Netherton United do so reasonably frequently. However I can't remember the last time that Warboys played at home under lights.

I suppose you could argue that it doesn't qualify for this thread if it's been used twice in three weeks but Warboys are staging another floodlit Peterborough & District League game on Tuesday March 20. They will be playing Whittlesey Atheltic with a 19.45 kick off.

In another rare occurrence there will be another PDFL Premier Division game under lights on the same evening at Long Sutton Athletic where Moulton Harrox will be playing Holbeach United Reserves.

mxhornet
First Team Sub

Mar 16, 2018, 7:16 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #164 of 170 (1928 views)
Shortcut

Easton of the Anglian Combination are playing two games on the floodlit 3G pitch.

Tuesday 17-04-18 v Poringland Wanderers (7-15)

Tuesday 24-04-18 v Martham (7-15)

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 700 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

NeilH
Youth Team Star

Mar 18, 2018, 8:37 PM

Team(s): Cambridge City

Post #165 of 170 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wednesday 18th April, 19:30 ko

Cambridge Veterans League
Kennett Youth v Bar Hill

They have newly installed LED floodlights and I think this will be the first game under them. As I understand it a new village hall for Kennett and Kentford, two villages straddling the Cambs/Suffolk border near Newmarket, has been funded by the sale a parcel of land in the area. The new village hall has been added onto the existing sports pavilion in Kennett. More cash was made from the sale than expected so the lights were added as part of the deal.

The ground is easily accessible by car off the A11 or via Newmarket town centre. Fair sized car park. There is a train station at Kennett but this has very limited service. You can get a train from Cambridge arriving at 19:12, just five minutes to the ground. Back to Cambridge at 22:07, that's it. Services from the Ipswich direction get you there at just after 6pm and leave before the end....

Info gleaned after chatting with the Kennett folk after I played (and lost) there today in the Vets League. I'm planning a return on the 18th.

leohoenig
Administrator

Mar 18, 2018, 11:09 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #166 of 170 (1708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NeilH] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Let me just think about this
The team is Kennett Youth and they play in the Veterans LeagueCrazy

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 19, 2018, 10:01 AM

Team(s): None

Post #167 of 170 (1628 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Let me just think about this
The team is Kennett Youth and they play in the Veterans LeagueCrazy

Take your boots, you might get a game!

andy smith
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 21, 2018, 3:10 PM

Team(s): The Pars

Post #168 of 170 (1466 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I suppose you could argue that it doesn't qualify for this thread if it's been used twice in three weeks but Warboys are staging another floodlit Peterborough & District League game on Tuesday March 20. They will be playing Whittlesey Atheltic with a 19.45 kick off.

In another rare occurrence there will be another PDFL Premier Division game under lights on the same evening at Long Sutton Athletic where Moulton Harrox will be playing Holbeach United Reserves.

Warboys have another PDFL home game on the 27th March v Thorney (k.o 19:45)....

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 23, 2018, 1:09 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #169 of 170 (1325 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy smith] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday March 27: Godalming Town v British Army in the Aldershot Senior Cup will now be played at the Aldershot Military Stadium according to the CoCo League full time site. Cracking stand there.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 23, 2018, 11:08 AM

Post #170 of 170 (1257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy smith] Floodlit grounds with few midweek games [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Warboys have another PDFL home game on the 27th March v Thorney (k.o 19:45)....

I think we can safely exclude Warboys from further mentions on this thread. Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3