Who's Online WHO'S

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Saturday 17 February 2018

Baldock Hatter

Feb 17, 2018, 10:16 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1417 views)
     Saturday 17 February 2018   or Reply Privately

Longlevens 1 Royal Wootton Bassett 1
First visit to Saw Mills to recomplete visits to all the premier division grounds in this league. Warm welcome received from club and I was kindly invited to join officials for tea and homemade cake at half time. There is ground hopper visitors book in the clubhouse which I was happy to sign.
The ground has a seated stand near the clubhouse with open standing on the other three sides. Ground is fenced in although it is possible to view the game from outside without any problem. Six hooded floodlight poles surround the pitch with one being unfortunately situated in front of the only stand.
The game itself could best be described as a midfield battle with few clear cut chances. With the match scoreless mid way through the second half, I adopted my fall back position of a walk around the ground which had the desired effect and prompted the visitors the take the lead through Corcoran. Longlevens equalised in the 88th minute though substitute Turner. Altogether a fair result.
Overall an enjoyable day out with the best memory being the hospitality received from the club. Smile

Feb 18, 2018, 2:54 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 2 (1151 views)
     Re: [Baldock Hatter] Saturday 17 February 2018 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Please try to follow the existing thread for the dated posts!

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3